Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corrupted Weapons And Warframes

some_random_guy_1

Now as many know hidden within the Orokin vaults lies the rare corrupted mods which give a positive and negative effect. I was thinking "what about weapons and warframes?" Well I thought and thought and soon I had an idea, maybe an alternate form to primes for an upgrade would be corrupted weapons and warframes. each would have a more noticeable effect than they might with primes but with a negative effect to balance everything out.

I had thought of three weapons to start and one warframe.

CORRUPT WEAPONS

Corrupt Braton:

+ increased damage, fire rate, and clip size.

- Higher recoil, longer reload.

Corrupt Skana

+ Higher attack speed, damage (charge damage included), and reach

- causes shaking on attack combo, longer charge rate.

Corrupt Lato:

+Increased damage, clip size, and reload speed

-slower weapon switch, slightly slower fire rate, and less accuracy

WARFRAMES:

Excalibur:

+ more shield, defence, speed, and ability change- corrupted dash: slash dash with lower damage but leaves behind a trail of corruption that causes damage over time.

- less health, resistance to elements (toxic, fire, ice, electricity, and their respective combos), and movement capability (smaller jump, faster fall, slide doesn't last as long, and you cant wall run as long or jump as far off after a wall jump)

To create the weapons I was thinking a new dojo lab and a new item for the vaults. The item would be a corrupted sample, you take 1-3 corrupted samples to the dojo to build the corrupt lab. you then take a corrupt sample and fuse it with a mutagen samples, fielderon samples, detonite ampulses, and a neurode or 2 to make a corrupter which can be used to study the blueprints in the corrupt lab and make the actual corrupt warframe/weapon. to make a corrupt warframe/weapon you need and 1 corrupter for a weapon, 2 corrupters for a warframe, and the regular weapon/warframe, as well as some credits of course and the corrupted sample has a 20% vault find chance, along with the corrupted mod.

I am no artist so I can't really draw the designs but what I had in mind was what looked like the warframes and weapons were beginning to be consumed by Technocyte. If someone would like to draw such drawing I would thank you but I do not expect much to come of this idea, though it would be nice to have my idea put into motion, but that is everyone who posts on here's dream as well.

If people have more ideas for weapons and warframes, or edits to my own feel free to post them and give feedback, as such is a forum's purpose.

SIDE NOTE: I would say add some form of prime mods, but really the nightmare mods take that spots nicely.

Edited by some_random_guy_1

we only have 2 weapon/warframe variant versions, the prime versions, and the vandal which are normally event weapons which are normally only obtainable once (i don't count wraith yet because it has only been in a single event, and until I see it in another one in another event I won't say 3) so another varient or 2 wont hurt as long as they serve a purpose, and this is to make a weapon/frame more situational for a moment or mission, and since DE seems to be doing that with damage 2.0 and elements and all the warframes, it seems to fit in, so cubed while you might not be alone, it isnt a bad idea for a few useful varients.

and beju these are just concepts, if you have an idea to balance it then sock it to this topic, and any more weapon/warframe corrupted ideas will be appreciated.

Optimum I said variant for a reason, and I said I won't count the wraith version until I see it in more than just one event, for all we know its just there to be one event's reward, also its not like this whole new concept, it is just adding onto the corrupted mod's concept of swapping some abilities and boosts for others in the form of buffs and debuffs on a mod.

Edited by some_random_guy_1

we only have 2 weapon/warframe varient versions, the prime versions, and the vandal which are normally event weapons which are normally only obtainable once (i don't count wraith yet because it has only been in a single event, and until I see it in another one in another event I won't say 3) so another varient or 2 wont hurt as long as they serve a purpose, and this is to make a weapon/frame more situational for a moment or mission, and since DE seems to be doing that with damage 2.0 and elements and all the warframes, it seems to fit in, so cubed while you might not be alone, it isnt a bad idea for a few useful varients.

and beju these are just concepts, if you have an idea to balance it then sock it to this topic, and any more weapon/warframe corrupted ideas will be appreciated.

We actually have 4: Vandal, Prime, Wraith, and arguable, the Normal version of every weapon, counting up to 5 different categories of weaponry to choose from. 

So, it IS a cool idea, but I think Warframe would get a bit too complicated for us simple-minded, honest folk who don't have a dern of what's goin' on