Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer Titan Gunner

Freelancer27

This is an idea I had based from another guy's idea, but changed into something that is my idea in order to give off a different idea. This is from my wiki suggestion, but edited for Update 11.

So, I was thinking that I could ask this new Grineer unit, despite that there are merely a few infested and some new Corpus units implemented in the game so far. The reason why am I suggesting this, is because I want to kill something bigger than a heavy. So a Titan Grineer is the result.

Name: Elite Gunner / Titan Gunner / Aegis Gunner

Appearance: A largely plated male Grineer usually takes this position, bearing four towering dome plates above him. With large feet, used to deploy before attempting to fire. Carries a big Autocannon. Like the Hellion, it can fire clusters of missiles, when either undeployed or on the move.

Its un-shielded concept is sorta like this:

348px-Protonus%27TitanGunnerVisual.jpg

-- Weapons

The Autocannon: Think of it as a minigun version of your average grenade launcher, carrying small explosives, but takes certain time to deploy, about 5 or 6 seconds. Fires at around 5 bullets per second.

Missile Rack: If the autocannon is not yet deployed, the Elite Gunner should spray missiles towards you. With retaining abilities of slamming the ground, but also requires time to deploy, around 2 seconds. Fires clusters of 6 missiles.

Strengths:

- Very large health pool, more than twice of a heavy gunner. Make it like 1100 hitpoints.

- 800 armor. Compared to the 500 of the Napalm.

- Missile Racks, from Hellion builds.

- Bullets doesn't tend to penetrate shields, but have a small AoE just to give a cluster of Tenno a call not to watch too closely at their own backs. This also stuns at a small chance.

- The large feet pays off for giving Knockdown Immunity, though stun is still viable.

- Stops firing when you get closer, instead, you get a serious head trauma by a very powerful ground slam.

- Has four phyisical shields that each covers a small area for his friendlies to take cover from. Its formation is a spaced clover, covering each corner, leaving spacings in between. Each spans about 3 meters, as a quarter dome.

Weaknesses:

- When he deploys his auto-cannon, two front shields will be raised. If he uses his missile rack, two back shields will be raised. But he can't use both, so he won't raise all his shields.

- Missile clusters is merely slightly faster than your average Bombard attacks.

- As said, his deployment takes time, thus making him a viable target as he starts spraying cannon blasts.

- Attacking with melee will first cause him to undeploy his autocannon before performing the ground slam.

- Starts level 15+.

- Cannon shots have some flight time, just enough to dodge them.

- He is very sluggish. Being big-feet and carrying a giant gun, with four tough shields.

- He has traditional Grineer weaknesses.

- He doesn't fly.

Overall:

- He is a pretty great miniboss/boss to deal with.

- If he was a boss, then he can be named "Colonel Menkot Ballut"... I don't know.

- These stats could make his base affinity reach about 1750.

- Something that actually helps smaller troops with cover other than being shielded by Shield Lancers.

- A serious tank, that commonly protects his boss.

- Something that can replace Heavy Gunners or Bombards with.

Edited by Freelancer27

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...