Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Guide To Affinity Farming: The Palus Fast Room (Image Heavy)

Luminati07

Question

This guide is no longer valid with the removal of Infested nodes.

Hey everyone,

I've been having a blast on Palus recently. The clan and I discovered what we like to call "The Fast Room".

I'm sure we're not the only people to find this out, but it's extremely good for leveling up Warframes and weapons.

So, I've decided to write up a guide on the Fast Room, how to farm it, and some other little tidbits.

I used to be an avid farmer of Kappa, Kiste and Cyath. But, those are extremely boring, and haven't got anywhere near the potential that the Fast Room does.

Goodbye Cyath, hello Palus!

Let's begin

Palus is a high-level Survival mission found on Pluto

19fbb124_l.jpeg

It takes place on a Corpus ship.

Again, enemies are high level, so if you are trying to level up a Warframe, be very wary of the damage they can deal.

At high Survival times, Toxic Ancients have the potential to instakill you with poison. Make sure you're careful when on the ground.

What weapons and Warframes will I need?

Because this method is primarily for leveling up weaponry, bring whatever you please.

In order to get the most out of the affinity farming, you will require a Nekros. Preferably with a maximum power efficiency build to spam Desecrate.

A Vauban is also an excellent option.

Vortex is one of the most effective skills to farm the Fast Room. It gathers all enemies into one small area.

If you have a Punch Through mod on your weapons, this combination is absolutely devastating.

Vauban is not required, but he helps immensely.

If you don't have a Vauban in the squad, it just means killing enemies will take longer due to needing to actually aim.

A Nova is a good option, but if the player doesn't listen, she will do more harm than good.

Many (not all) Novas just spam M. Prime.

This is detrimental in a couple of ways.

1. It disintegrates enemies. This makes Desecrate infinitely less useful.

2. It reduces the amount of weapon affinity you earn.

So, bringing those AoE nukers is fine, but keep in mind that spamming your AoE is not the best way to go about it.

The way I explained it to my clan is "If your gun can do the job, use it"

Only use those AoE nukers when you really need them.

In terms of mods

use whatever you want.

Like I said above, if you have a Vauban in the squad, I strongly recommend Shred/Punch Through mods. They will increase your killing speed by hilarious amounts.

Why is it called the Fast Room?

x1n0af.jpg

"FAASSSTT ROOOOM"

I thought of the name Fast Room because I used to play an MMORPG called Rappelz.

Dungeons had particular rooms that had an extremely fast spawn rate. 

These rooms were extremely fast at XP farming, provided you had the damage output to keep the numbers in check.

So, I decided to call this room the Fast Room.

Why? This room has the ability to seemingly increase the spawn rate of the enemies by an incredible amount.

Comparing this room to the other rooms was astonishing.

Example:

I did a FIVE minute survival in the Fast Room and gained 17k weapon XP, not including the bonus.

I did a FIFTEEN minute survival in another room and received the same amount.

A ~15 minute Cyath run will net around 20k weapon XP.

Now, I'm not saying that every 5 minutes you will be gaining 17k weapon XP. But, it is definitely possible.

The spawn rate in this room is extremely high.

What does this room look like?

The room is extremely open. There are a couple of walkways and boxes.

2 Life Support Capsules will spawn in here, making it even easier than it already was.

7c77c2f1_l.jpeg

fb6fc922_l.jpeg

Here's what the room looks like on the map, so you will know if it has spawned in.

d85084dc_l.jpeg

Now, the room does not always spawn.

It seemed like it spawned around...60% of the time.

It's gotten to the point where I'll extract at 5 minutes if it doesn't spawn, simply because the XP rate is so much lower otherwise.

What do I do when I reach the fast room?

Before I start this section

Make sure the entire squad is in this room, and close together.

If one person is in another room, or far away, it completely screws up the spawn rate, and you'll be left there thinking "Nugget_ you idiot, this doesn't work. You're stupid"

Alright. As soon as you get there, look at your oxygen meter.

If it's lower than say...60%, run to the furthest capsule and use it.

Once you've got your oxygen levels to a high amount, get the whole squad to jump on one of the crates

0ea29bae_l.jpeg

If you want to level up melee. Make sure you have the health and shields to back it up.

Jump down from the crates and go to town.

If you're leveling up weaponry, use AoE as little as possible.

Unless you're Vauban spamming Vortex, try not to spam your damaging AoE. (M. Prime, Stomp, Miasma etc)

It will lessen your weapon XP by a significant amount.

When you're in position on these shipping crates, do what Warframes do best.

If you have a Vauban, get him to Vortex while everyone else just sprays into the center.

You should have a Nekros, so just get him to spam Desecrate every few seconds (trust me, the enemies spawn fast enough to warrant a Desecrate every few seconds)

If Nekros is doing his job, you will be swimming in oxygen containers.

1d7ff1c9_l.jpeg

To give an example of how easy it is, in a 30 minute survival, our squad used 3 Life Support Capsules, the rest of the oxygen came from drops and Nekros' Desecrate.

If you need health, ammo, oxygen or mods, just jump down from the crate, scoop 'em up, and jump back up top.

Here's a couple more images:

2df4abb5_l.jpeg

43afa676_l.jpeg

After doing this for 30 minutes, my entire squad got disconnected. I still had about I dunno...4 or 5 capsules just sitting there waiting.

If you are looking to get to high Survival minutes, this is the way to go.

What kind of rewards can I expect?

Survival Rewards

I usually get a lot of Rare 5 Cores, Ammo Mutators and Glaive Power Throw. The recoil reduction mods are also extremely common.

Mods

The usual Sentinel mod spam.

Lots of Convulsion.

Lots of Shotgun damage mods. I think the impact mod was the most common. I have about 30 of the damn things now.

This isn't the best mission for mods at all. It's pure affinity farming.

Affinity rewards.

Alright. The big one.

This first image was from somewhere around...15 minutes

~62k Warframe xp.

~42k primary XP

~32k Secondary XP

~32k Melee XP.

Remember, depending on what weapons you are all using will alter the outcome of the rewards.

The reason I was able to get 17k (without bonus) primary XP in 5 minutes, is because the entire squad purely used their primaries. This resulted in massive XP rewards.

If you are in a clan, I recommend coordinating so you all use the same weapon type if you're trying to level up a weapon quickly.

f24d3f4a_l.jpeg

This one:

~99k Warframe XP

~75k Primary XP

~56k Secondary XP

~56k Melee XP

This one, I extracted around 30 minutes.

A typical Cyath run takes about 15-20+ minutes and nets around 22k Primary weapon XP.

4bc31cad_l.jpeg

Some other pointers

Which Oxygen Capsules should I use?

Two Capsules spawn in the Fast Room.

If you need to use them, I recommend letting your oxygen hit 30%.

At this point, rush to the furthest oxygen Capsule and use it.

On your way back, use one of the capsules in the Fast Room. This ensures that sometime soon, another capsule will spawn in the room, but you still have a spare, just in-case.

Don't just use the nearest ones, you'll find that when you need them, you will need to rush extremely far away through a horde of enemies.

Note: Only have 1 person run for the capsules.

Vauban will make your performance take a hit

Just in-case you didn't know, Vauban's Vortex will make you lose a few FPS, or sometimes a LOT of FPS (more or less, depending on your rig)

Keep that in mind. If your squad doesn't have powerful PCs, you might want to decide against a Vauban.

May not happen on every PC, but it happens on my friends, and mine.

Hopefully this issue will be sorted out soon.

There we go, a quick guide on farming affinity on Palus.

This guide isn't complete, I have to leave for work in 15 minutes, so I busted it out.

I'm making a video version on this method as well.

Since U11, my performance has gone down the drain. No matter what settings I used, I would drop to 5 FPS, which doesn't make for a good video.

I got the same framerate (without recording) on 1280x720 low as I did with 1920x1080 maximum. Which was sitting around 23 FPS.

Usually on 1080p max, I get around ~70 FPS. Something weird was going on today.

Anyway, let me know what you think. (remember, this is incomplete)

Edited by Nugget_

Yes, Apollodorus is a "hidden gem" that doesn't seem to be used as often as it should. If you're farming Napalms, etc for their rare mod drops, it's the best place in the game to do it. Bonus because it's Mercury and Mercury missions drop Ferrite, which DE seems to have decided must be used in all kinds of new things, let alone Ciphers.

Yes, Apollodorus is a "hidden gem" that doesn't seem to be used as often as it should. If you're farming Napalms, etc for their rare mod drops, it's the best place in the game to do it. Bonus because it's Mercury and Mercury missions drop Ferrite, which DE seems to have decided must be used in all kinds of new things, let alone Ciphers.

Ferrite is a fairly easy resource to come by and easily available for low-ranked players, so it is understandable it is used a lot. Of course a lot of the gear crafting requires it so it is sometimes worth going for a few runs there to "top up". If I understoot correctly, I think the 10x gear blueprints will reduce the costs for individual unit slightly so those might be a good idea to buy if you use them a lot.

Hmm... I think it is time for me to go farm those Napalms, I haven't got their Codex entry fully unlocked yet. :P

Doesn't really seem to work well for me, oddly. Not getting as much XP as you stated, but the room also isn't spawning after a few games.

The other day the spawn rate seemed to mess up.

I played it last night, though, and the spawn rate was back to normal.

Can't seem to find the fast room after a dozen of tries, does it even exist anymore?

RNG gonna RNG. :(

It does exist, but sometimes you're just unlucky and it doesn't spawn in. In your case, you were extremely unlucky. :/

Room does exist, tried it out today, but getting nowhere near the amount of xp as stated. Also the Life support drops are very low for some reason. Had Vauban Nekros Ember and some other warframe. Personally gonna stick to Kappa.

Room does exist, tried it out today, but getting nowhere near the amount of xp as stated. Also the Life support drops are very low for some reason. Had Vauban Nekros Ember and some other warframe. Personally gonna stick to Kappa.

Hmm, was Nekros spamming Desecrate?

I suggest trying it again.

I went to Kappa the other day, and, personally, it's one of the slowest missions for XP (imo)

The spawn rate is very low since they nerfed it

I think I got something like 25k Warframe XP from Kappa from a 15 minute run.

Ah well, to each his own.

I love survivals.

But I hate survivals due to EFFIN CONSTANT enemy spawning issues, even when I am solo - the enemies at around 5-10min refuse to spawn more than 1-2 per minute...

Also I've noticed that room's highier spawn rate before, but never thought of using it with nekros tbh.

What sort of response was this?

If someone wants to do this, let them ask. Don't be a $&*^ and attempt at shutting them down for no reason.

Christ...

Sorry but your going to have to forgive me on this one. All he's been doing is nothing and letting others do the work for him. And I thought I stated my reason clearly to avoid him from letting others get dissatisfied. How would you feel if someone is getting all the rewards by just doing nothing. Have you seen other players do it in void missions as well? I'm not being a $&*^ and I'm certainly not going to let someone do that to other people.

Sorry but your going to have to forgive me on this one. All he's been doing is nothing and letting others do the work for him. And I thought I stated my reason clearly to avoid him from letting others get dissatisfied. How would you feel if someone is getting all the rewards by just doing nothing. Have you seen other players do it in void missions as well? I'm not being a $&*^ and I'm certainly not going to let someone do that to other people.

Ah, my mistake for misinterpreting your comment.

When you said "All you do is stand there and do nothing", I thought you meant that doing this farming technique is boring because you 'stand there and do nothing'. 

I didn't realise you were referring to him specifically.

If he's leeching, go right ahead. I don't tolerate leechers either.