Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Damage 2.0......why I Stopped Playing Warframe

Thundersquid

Ive been playing warframe since the first day of open beta and was really sad and frustrated with damage 2.0.  I am a master in founders rank and spent a ton of money on this game only to see all my work in getting to the high levels and high leveled guns gone and wasted.  Damage 2.0 made elite weapons useless and frustrating to use and i was just really sad to see where warframe had gone. 2.0 was centered and catered to new players and it basically was a " Fu** you " to all us veterans who worked hard to get the elite weapons.  I hope im not the only one who is tired and frustrated with these one element change-overs of the high level stuff.

I was not a fan of the rainbow builds.  I understand and loved the aspect in 2.0 of the combining elements to get specialized combos and the effects of the 2.0 elements.  It needed to be changed because the old system of slapping on elements cuz it added damage was gay and hurt lower level players who didn't have fully leveled damage and elemental mods.  However elite weapons like the acrid, ebolist, orgris, torid, dual ichor, and synapse are now usless and worthless. See the funny thing is, that most people are probably excited and thats fine but those of us that arent are frustrated that elite weapons became good for one thing and useless other wise.  Now the only viable builds are straight crit builds and snipers that do good damage. Go-to high level weapons like acrid and dual ichor now lost their dot effect or effectiveness to do any damage to most anything.  The screams of the younger lower level players finally got their wish and every effective high level weapons is gone.  Who cares about the mastery level anymore cuz the default weapons seem to do more damage than these pathetic one element high level guns. Theres no incentive to get to those guns or to try anymore.  Playing long long defense missions......not happening.  T3 defense missions...impossible.  Warframe took everything away with damage 2.0 and ruined most all the high level weapons. TAKE OUT THIS DAMAGE SYSTEM FROM THESE HIGH LEVEL GUNS!!!!! THEY ARE WORTHLESS TO GET NOW. The flux is ruin and the acrid is ruined and those were incentives to get to the higher levels. Take the damage back to before but keep the elemental combos that way you cant just put on elements to add damage.  the high level guns.....please make them how they were before and get rid of this slash, puncture, and impact system.  2.0 excludes more weapons from being viable than the old system before it.....including all of the high level specialized guns being now beyond ineffective!!!!

I understand my view may be elitist and probably in some views "promoting the same overpowered old system" and thats completely fine and understandable.......but i feel punished as a veteran player for the good weapons i have when they are supposed to be that way because they are high level.  Take out the damage mods like serration and hornet strike, id be more ok with that than taking high level weapons that are suppose to be good and putting them in a single use category.  After damage 2.0 i was left sitting there wondering " why did i bother to get to the high levels if these are what the guns have become now." I may be the only one with this view but i had to say something as a veteran player who is now being punished for the weaponry i have and thus have ceased to play warframe. 

It sure sounds like you are just butthurt over the Acrid nerf.  If you look at it, Synapse is now the #1 gun in the game now DPS-wise.  Flux, iirc has 150+ slash damage, so you'll rape all over Xini.  The Ogris is still extremely effective.  And lastly, sniping is one of the most broken mechanics in this game.  The only gun you should even consider should be Vectis, possibly Lanka.

DE does need to address the pre-forma issue, but that's it.

Synapse is one of the best guns... being able to get magnetic AND corrosive AND heat damage, all at once.

other than that:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0#Damage_Type_Multipliers

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/134176-explained-damage-20-builds-with-cheatsheets-being-updated/

These should help you with your guns, top tier guns are more or less still top tier, just gotta mod them correctly.

*playing since open beta* *says he's a vet*

Nope.

Try playing since before update 5, when there was just one map tile and 6 warframes, try leveling all warframes multiple times, reset them and doing it again.

See all your farming gone multiple times for changes in the game and then complain to receive the classic 'its beta, bro'.

It's beta, bro.
(and also, the system is just released, try gravitating out of the former OP weapons and try new stuff ((and my some still eats enemies in 2 bullets)))

I understand what you mean, I like the new damage system, it has made the game more challenging. But I did play with my Ignis a few days ago, And I wanted to cry. They killed it. I was fighting level 20 INFESTED, with pure fire damage, and it was S#&$. It used to instakill level 30 infested, now it barely does anything. The point you make about high level weapons being useless, I support. Because its true. When you buy a regular weapon that's just as effective as a elite clan weapon, something is wrong.

Lvl 40 D2.0 = lvl 100 D1.0 they didn't kill the ignis. imo, it drops off around level 60 or so if you forma it a few times (although, I'm judging vs void enemies, might go further vs infested) and lvl 60 D2.0 = ~lvl 150 D1.0

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

gud bye

EDIT 1:

However elite weapons like the acrid, ebolist, orgris, torid, dual ichor, and synapse are now usless and worthless. 

My weapons what you call "elite weapons" still good, if you still using a DMG1.0 build, commonly it will be useless and wrothless.

If you want a good build, study the DMG2.0 and make you build in it. Stop crying and learn to deal with it. you call yourself as master, but don't act as a master.

Edited by Haiova

My high level weapons are still shredding enemies when modded properly...Synapse, Soma, Flux, Ignis, Embolist all destroy the appropriate faction. Not sure what game you are playing right now...

Synapse can't do red crits now, do you really tested it? It's useless now

Ive been playing warframe since the first day of open beta and was really sad and frustrated with damage 2.0.  I am a master in founders rank and spent a ton of money on this game only to see all my work in getting to the high levels and high leveled guns gone and wasted.  Damage 2.0 made elite weapons useless and frustrating to use and i was just really sad to see where warframe had gone. 2.0 was centered and catered to new players and it basically was a " Fu** you " to all us veterans who worked hard to get the elite weapons.  I hope im not the only one who is tired and frustrated with these one element change-overs of the high level stuff.

TAKE OUT THIS DAMAGE SYSTEM FROM THESE HIGH LEVEL GUNS!!!!! THEY ARE WORTHLESS TO GET NOW. The flux is ruin and the acrid is ruined and those were incentives to get to the higher levels. Take the damage back to before but keep the elemental combos that way you cant just put on elements to add damage.  the high level guns.....please make them how they were before and get rid of this slash, puncture, and impact system.  2.0 excludes more weapons from being viable than the old system before it

.but i feel punished as a veteran player for the good weapons i have when they are supposed to be that way because they are high level.  

your Acrid and Flux don't ruin things anymore? 

Funny, mine do. Sounds like you haven't actually looked at the new system and modded your weapons to damage factions properly. 

-snip-

There's definitely a change now, but let me ask you.  Do you still have a Hek in your inventory?  Have you taken a look at it?  It's quite good now against factions that are weak against puncture damage.  (Grineer, Corpus) add a Fire elemental mod and you're doing decent damage against all 3 factions, the rest of the slots you can use for things that you've never used before like utility mods, etc.

I feel that Damage 2.0, like all things new, may need some tweaks here and there, but is an excellent change for this game, because older weapons aren't obsolete anymore.  People can play their favorites again as long as they're smart about modding.

Edited by sushidubya

I recommend a title change, here let me help and give you some choices!

(A) Damage 2.0...why I learned Warframe is still in beta and just completely removed and replaced the damage model that effects literally every aspect of the game and they'll need time to absorb feedback and implement change which they hav already started doing.

(B) Damage 2.0 why I learned Warframe is still very much in beta and just removed and replaced the damage model with a very complete-at-first-sight new system and they'll need a lot of time to change/tweak/adjust every aspect of the game that it effects and recommend that warframe quickly implements a system in-game to help tutor players about 2.0.

© Damage 2.0 why I've grown impatient of being a beta tester and wish to leave during the largest set of game changes since U7.

My Braton Prime shreds the most stuff atm.

My Ignis has also improved.

I don't know what you're talking about.

Damage 2.0 brought me closer to the game than any update EVER did.

This actually brought me back to the game.

I got so bored because it was a cakewalk and now if i even try to go into a crowd of enemies to destroy them they just beat the hell out of me fast. I love it it makes me think instead of just going in a nuking everything.

hRw4VeN.jpg

If given the current rate of level 40 = old level 100

Level 59 enemies current = level 147

My ignis can actually work what is equaled to level 147 Grineer dudes in the old system.

This is a very good change. 

Prior to this, I don't even use my Ignis outside of corpus or light infested above old level 90s.

Edited by fatpig84

Who the hek cares if my numbers are red? It obliterates Corpus.

Slap a poison mod on it and now it obliterates Grineer with Corrosive damage and you can also put a fire mod on it to help with the light armored Grineer.  I might actually have to make a Synapse at some point now.