Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Damage 2.0......why I Stopped Playing Warframe

Thundersquid

Pretty much everything has been explained in the replies. I'm having no issues at all with my Braton Vandal not even against Grineer (It has low base puncture damage). Btw. I fought level 50+ enemies. I had a few medium team ammo resupplies or what are they called with me though.

PS: I aim at weakspots. It's a habit of mine. Always at weakspots.

Edited by R3leaZ

Synapse was never the "best weapon in the game" before, so it can't be still.

Again, clan weapons as a whole take more work/resources and as a whole don't provide anything better. Sure the ignis/synapse/embolist might be good, but the rest.....eh not so much.

The point was that melee has had items come out that were 2x effective versus infested or grineer, but weak vs the other races.

Which is what the ranged weapons just turned into in 2.0. Even the people saying "Well just slap X to combine elements" or whatever still don't realize you are taking one advantage/weakness combo and swapping it for another.

Don't be shortsighted with this stuff guys, cmon.

Wrong. The only weapon with higher continual elemental damage are the embolist, which has no range, the Ogris, which still has high spike damage and nothing else anymore and tends blow off your face off when used with caliber, and the Soma randomized headshot redonkularity. With crits the synapse still has the highest sustained DPS out of any gun, period. Your stance is predicated on opinionated usage, mine is based on guaranteed damage across all units and factions. The gun in the video isn't even using serration or caliber.

Edited by -Kittens-

Damage 2.0 is 'catering to new players'?  Have you seen the extra amount of work and what more you need to know before you get into a match now?  Do you think a new player will know which type of weapon, not mods, but weapon is best against early Grineer?  Or Corpus?  Or Infested?  And now we have at least 3 new 'elemental types' if not more?

I joined during late U7, and I read the the 2.0 manifesto and I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND IT.

This is incredibly complicated, unfriendly and you honestly think that new players will jump right in and get it?  I don't know what to say.

*playing since open beta* *says he's a vet*

Nope.

Try playing since before update 5, when there was just one map tile and 6 warframes, try leveling all warframes multiple times, reset them and doing it again.

See all your farming gone multiple times for changes in the game and then complain to receive the classic 'its beta, bro'.

It's beta, bro.

(and also, the system is just released, try gravitating out of the former OP weapons and try new stuff ((and my some still eats enemies in 2 bullets)))

"try playing since before update 5?"

No can do, Tardis is on backorder. Sorry some of us didn't hear about the game until it was on steam, we're clearly worse players forever because of it.

Anyway.

I love my nuclear Lanka, and frost can do real damage with his abilities. I'm happy with damage 2.0, and the rest of U11.

Edited by SnaleKing

Damage 2.0 is 'catering to new players'?  Have you seen the extra amount of work and what more you need to know before you get into a match now?  Do you think a new player will know which type of weapon, not mods, but weapon is best against early Grineer?  Or Corpus?  Or Infested?  And now we have at least 3 new 'elemental types' if not more?

I joined during late U7, and I read the the 2.0 manifesto and I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND IT.

This is incredibly complicated, unfriendly and you honestly think that new players will jump right in and get it?  I don't know what to say.

New players don't need to understand the system completely because they don't have the customisation options available yet. This'll give them time to figure it out. Also, the system is pretty simple, in that the only new mechanic you have to learn is the elemental priority system and the weaknesses of enemies, everything else works the same way the old mods did.

• 2 weeks later...