Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Firewall Problems

[DE]Glen

Failure to Connect to Host + Firewall issues:

In-game:

While in the menus or lobby, go to options, game-play, ping limit: some times not always it is set to 300 at the the beginning or by default.  Setting ping to no limit might work?

I have Strict NAT type or Type 3  I can connect just fine... 

have the same window pop-up.  just press Esc to get through to game and friends.

oh and I am on ATT HOTSPOT.  Wifi... I confess!  Bluetooth connection is worse

Addict telling all... Thx sorry for the really late reply.  hope this helps...

I am a ps4 player i forwarded my ports when i first started playing a few years back but since you updated the servers a few months back i started having the msg  "please ensure ports are forwarded to 4950 etc, i decided to reset yesterday and forwarded my ports once more, it worked fine till today now i keep getting the port msg again i can only assume its a bug because i can connect to europe players invites fine just cant connect to american east/west invites . Its getting really annoying because there is only about 20 players on the europe servers (if im lucky ) 

is host migration when joining pubs a firewall issue?

join pub > loads > ingame players are moonwalking in place > host migration > back to liset

If i happen to be able to start a game where i am the host, sometimes players will be able to join, and sometimes not.

?

• 3 weeks later...

@hukurokuju5 I doubt its a firewall issue. I have been suffering from this for 2 days now. And i refuse to play untill there is a fix to this. It must be a broken net-code that for whatever reason forces you to be unable to reach the host or be a host. 9/10 times this how it goes for me: Load in play for 3 seconds host migration->cant reach host combo->back to liset.
If i am the host 9/10 players will drop out during loading screen and have to re-inv them in mission. That works usually but its hella hard to explain to pub groups who have never encoutered this yet alone understand what im talking about.

This is something DE must fix and should be the 1st thing on ther to-do list.

I have been receiving this issue as well for the past week, i turned off all my firewalls yet it still doesn't work. I also do not think my router is causing a problem as well, so im not really sure why it keeps giving me the popup. Any help or tips would be appreciated ! 

• 4 weeks later...

I just got this message when I logged in today, need to allow port 4950,4955. I've created exceptions in the only firewall I have installed and the program also has permissions to send and receive. I'm also not sure why it would pop up now I have done literally nothing to my computer between the time I last played and now, plus I've been playing fine for the last few weeks with no issues. Anyway to fix this?

Edit: And now it's kicked me to the title screen and won't let me log in. 

Edited by Wolfe132
new information

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 3/19/2013 at 1:51 PM, [DE]Glen said:

There was a brief problem with Update 7 deployment that caused bogus firewall messages; should be clear now.

This was posted a LONG time ago, but 7 hours ago I didnt get this message about the UDP ports. I tried turning off AVAST and Windows Firewall and I still get this problem.

There was a post saying reinstalling the game helped but it takes some time... Is there anything else I can do? There was mention of a help ticket and sending some file to help with this?

Any help is appreciated.

Just had this problem now when trying to play with a friend. I followed the OP and even made a specific rule to my firewall to allow the 4950 and the 4955 port through the firewall with still no success. I assume its a problem with the game atm and less on our side (or at least it not a problem on my side since i did what i could do in terms of client based troubleshooting).

Any additional info would be awesome. 

1000 hours of warframe, never had a problem.

Played last night. No problem.

Want to play today ... UDP port 4950 and 4955 are closed according to warframe. So I added the exceptions to my router.  Its still saying the ports are not open while running a port checker tells me  they ARE open. Seriously. Reinstall the game as a fix ?  Really.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Con411 said:

1000 hours of warframe, never had a problem.

Played last night. No problem.

Want to play today ... UDP port 4950 and 4955 are closed according to warframe. So I added the exceptions to my router.  Its still saying the ports are not open while running a port checker tells me  they ARE open. Seriously. Reinstall the game as a fix ?  Really.

This started happening after the DDOS last night

Thank the Gods!  I thought it may have been some messed up stealth windows update BS or even my ISP playing silly buggers with people's net access etc (which they are known to do from time to time, particularly with torrent protocols).

Now i can put everything back the way it was and wait for DE to fix it on their end - hope it's fixed soon.

Yes this is a problem with the servers or a windows update. Windows did recently screw up DHCP with an update but that was a week or two ago if I remember. Highly likely it is servers since it started happening right after server downtime last night. I can see my router auto port forwarding these ports when warframe asks it too. So the ports are open from my end. I also get this error on two different computers one desktop other laptop on two different networks in two different counties with two different graphics settings lowest and highest.

Edited by Chaos.Blades

• 2 weeks later...

"The easiest way to identify the culprit is to temporarily disable each firewall and then re-running the Warframe network analysis tool until it succeeds."

WHERE IS THIS NETWORK ANALYSIS TOOL ENEN LOCATED?????

U have answered the question while opening another question real smart.

Google searches for your so called "Warframe network analysis tool" and 00000000000 hits show up. So either your are spreading missinformation or u haven't had the common sense to ever tell anyone about this tool.