Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update Failures

[DE]Glen

Another major update, another launcher failure.

Update failed!

Some content updates could not be downloaded from our servers.

Please restart Warframe to try again.

The update will be restarted shortly..

Happens every time a large update comes in.

YEP; the incomplete update (on the third or fourth hotfix) borked my entire system and froze up Warframe AND my windows.
Re-downloading entire game (nuked my local content) and hoping for the best... 25% complete out of a 12 gig codevalanche.
Thank the maker I have unlimited internet or this would be MAJOR issue instead of waste of an evening.
Overage charges from ISP's are brutal.

P.S. HINT @ D.E.; I know you all work hard.  WE CAN WAIT until you get the bugs fixed BEFORE release.  Thankyou.

I came to the forums for the first time just to report this issue. I had not been able to play since yesterday after the update was deployed. Downloads failed each time and I had tried almost 20 times and this post was composed in present tense before I hit the "Submit Reply". Then I tried going to download options and deselected "Forced download", "Bulk download" or whatever those 2 options are. This time it longer to download but finished successfully. I am now running the game.

Hope this helps you...

WorldWithoutWar clan

Reventon88

I'm having difficulty even updating the game. Checking for updates takes forever. It freezes at Verifying Download Cache (in fact its stuck there at this very moment). Download speed is so horrid and unstable that I'm not even downloading at 1% of the usual speed. Nothing else was consuming any bandwidth whatsoever. Figured it might be my ISP and went over to a friend's place to leech off his fiber internet from a different provider. No difference. Because of heavy load? Its been about 4 days since the big update dropped. Heavy network traffic should be long gone. Is it due to the undersea cable (Asia region) being busted recently? Not likely, as every other aspect of my internet is working perfectly fine.

I've tried so many of the "solutions" players have suggested to no avail. Including allowing firewall access for the applications as suggested by a mod some time ago. Reading back in this thread, there hasn't been any moderator replies in so long it makes me wonder if there's any point to posting here. Problems with the launcher aren't recent and have gone as far back as 2014 (the first instance i came across that this issue was raised while looking for solutions). Seeing the number of complaints and frequency of it is leading me to believe that we aren't just a small minority facing this issue.

Can we at least get a statement, DE? A working solution would be great. Heck, even a half-a55ed reply like "we're looking into the matter" would be appreciated so we actually know you do pay some attention to consumer feedback. Why don't you work with Valve to host PC updates on Steam servers (which I think is actually free)? At least this gives PC players an alternative for updates.

update failed to me today as well. can't play, or verify cache, while it was working ok yesterday. i don't understand.. can any1 else tell me what the fk is going on?

Edited by Lumeh

On 5.03.2016 at 5:26 PM, MG_Gomi said:

PLS  optimization(6cors procesor end 8 G memoria end GTX 570 ) sorvivor 3 seck end 0-4 fps   ??????????? wtf

If you are using newest drivers from nviditi try to switch back to 362. For my gtx 660 the new one was like murderer of performance. (for example in cs:go when normaly i had 120 fps with 362 with the new one i had like 15-20 fps and the same in warframe. Oh and i have amd fx-6300)

Edited by TomeG1

On 2/13/2016 at 4:04 PM, White_Matter said:
On 1/27/2016 at 6:25 PM, LChanto said:

I need help:

Out of the blue I got kicked out a mission, and even got signed out for some reason, so I decided to restart the game.

After launching the Launcher, it gets stuck on "checking for updates" and then leads me to -> Update Failed! Content servers are temporally unavailable [ERROR INTERNET CANNOT CONNECT]. The launcher then tries to re-download anything, and it ends up not managing to do that.

My Internet connection is very good and it never went down while Warframe was updating, so this is weird.

If I try to Verify the Download Cache or Optimize, it leads to the Launcher crashing.

I tried Verifying the Cache through Steam, but people told me that just downgrades the game, so I had to re-install the entire game, and the same problem keeps happening.

Some say it's some Firewall issue, what am I supposed to allow through the Firewall?

What is going on?! Someone please help me.

I'm not sure if this is relevant but I also can't seem to open up the official Warframe page. (Using Chrome)

(This issue has happened to me TWICE)

EDIT1: I also may think this could be SOMEHOW relevant. But I bought platinum a day before this issue popped, my game region is on Latin america north (if that's even a thing here in Warframe) so maybe that purchase changed my account's region somehow messing up?

Exact same problem here. 

Same here, from a player from the U.S. West Coast. I also bought plat earlier the day before. Don't know if that has to do with it. Thanks for sharing, I was about to reinstall the game myself but after hearing your experience I'll probably just wait it out. At least I know it's not my computer. I'm seeing the exact same stuff as you. About not being able to connect to Warframe game/website at all, I did experience that some evenings ago, but it only lasted for 30 minutes. At the time my browser said that "the website could not be found". So weird. If the problem is truly widespread I wish DE would at least give us a heads up on what's going on. Apparently the problem's growing. The PC Tennos are Reddit are also reporting the same issue. https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/4bbzzw/pc_bug_updating_account_failed/ Please do something about this DE!

12 hours ago, TomeG1 said:

If you are using newest drivers from nviditi try to switch back to 362. For my gtx 660 the new one was like murderer of performance. (for example in cs:go when normaly i had 120 fps with 362 with the new one i had like 15-20 fps and the same in warframe. Oh and i have amd fx-6300)

thx my cs go 120-130 fps warframe 15-30 :=(

wtf am i doing it wrong i did every thing i could i used 4g dsl cable my TESO downloaded in 5 hours but this i tried for 2 month still not updating 

334962494be555cff4556e18dc676f50ae280757

FIX YOUR SERVERS THEN

it just goes to 100 and fails like a big MIDDLE FINGER

i know i should have spent my money on hats not plats

I tried buying hotspot shield elite and changed server to uk it seems to work it only died at 46 percent but if u disable bulk download it seems to pick up the update from when it failed after 2 month it seems to be working with a vpn

where are the download servers located at ? i had canada , germany and usa 's ip addresses from my int manager i guess it tries to find the nearest so it collapses dev just let us download from a chosable server.

Edited by 0Scream0
why

Was experiencing corrupt files so i redownload it and its stuck on checking for new content before saying that the update failed and that some content couldnt be downloaded from the server.

I ran it as admin, when i run it regularly it goes back to just downloading the game...

UPDATE: I deleted ALL warframe content from my computer and it started downloading faster, however once it was done and started updating I got the whole connection thing when it was done, I'm going to try this again but run it as admin and hopefully that works.

FINAL UPDATE: IT WORKED.

Edited by Slypolar
Update

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For those using a steam account. Go to Properties > Local Files Tab > Verify Intergrity of game cache...

This will identify any files that have broken during the updater. You might need to do it more than once, but it's much quicker than a clean install. Hope that helps.