Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update Failures

[DE]Glen

Screenshot_1.png

I've been getting stuck right here,at that point of 732.0 bytes,for over than 12 hours straight,and then "Some content updates could not be downloaded from our servers" message pops up every time. As far as I remember,I haven't changed anything in my system that could've affected the game :(

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2013 at 8:15 AM, [DE]Glen said:

If you’re having problems updating the game there are a few things you can try:

1) Take a break. We might in the middle of deploying an update; try again in 5 minutes. Most updates go through *very* quickly but sometimes it takes a while for the content delivery network to replicate everything around the world.

2) If the update is failing because it is crashing, please send a bug report in to support (see https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/25-beta-bug-reporting-how-to/ for details).

3) Load up www.warframe.com in Internet Explorer to make sure it’s working; IE uses the same code that Warframe uses so it's a helpful test.

3a) Make sure the “Work Offline” option is not checked under the File menu (tap the Alt key if the menu bar is hidden).

3b) Delete IE’s browsing history under the Tools menu -- just purge Temporary Internet Files (you can keep the rest).

4) Bypass any web proxies your network might be using (we try very hard to work with proxies but in some cases they will misbehave and give you stale & old data!). Under the Internet Explorer Tools menu open up the Internet Options panel, flip over to the Connections page, and press the LAN settings button.

4a) If there is a proxy server configured, try disabling it.

4b) If it is configured to automatically detect settings try disabling this (it may be automatically setting you up to use a proxy server).

Note that after you disable these settings you should confirm that IE can still load pages – in certain restricted environments you have no choice but to go through a proxy; if you are stuck in this situation and can’t work around it please send your Launcher.log in by support ticket and we’ll see if we can see what the problem is.

5) Make sure HTTP 1.1 is enabled; under the Internet Explorer Tools menu open up the Internet Options panel, flip over to the Advanced page, scroll about half-way down and make sure “Use HTTP 1.1” is enabled.

6) Check your PC's clock -- if your date & time is very wrong it can cause certain SSL certificates to appear invalid and you will have problems connecting to our servers.

7) Run Windows Update. Warframe uses a number of Windows SDK interfaces that have been updated by Microsoft through Windows update so it might help.

======================[ NOTE ]======================

If nothing helps please attach your EE.log and Launcher.log files from %LOCALAPPDATA%\Warframe to a support ticket: http://support.warframe.com/ -- this is essential to understanding what's going on.

My game fails to update and therefore won't let me log in. I've tried to access the link above to report update bugs but that doesn't work either. I've also tried to disable "DirectX 11" like the tips suggest but no change. I'm not very tech savvy so dumb it down for me as much as possible for any suggestions please. 

1 hour ago, Vanguard24 said:

My game fails to update and therefore won't let me log in. I've tried to access the link above to report update bugs but that doesn't work either. I've also tried to disable "DirectX 11" like the tips suggest but no change. I'm not very tech savvy so dumb it down for me as much as possible for any suggestions please. 

just tried the "verify integrity of game..." deal and it downloaded a 10gb update for a good hour. After it finished it looked like it was downloading from launch screen but then yet again   "update failed!

please try again later

update will restarted shortly". Looks like I'm done with this game.

Ok let me start by saying my internet speed is S#&$ with downloads going at about 300-600kb a second. Ok now that this is out of the way because of a bug on the launcher the updates wouldn't work unless I deleted everything that got updated with the most recent hotfix which is about 10 gigs worth of content. What I'm saying is that I now have to spend the next 4-5 hours updating because your update system is complete S#&$. I'm by no means happy and I'm really considering saying F*** it and just quiting unless I get some compensation for this wasted time. If you want some proof here is a link to a picture I took only a few minutes on steam.  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=733858878

And if you want to claim that you may be downloading for the first time and just trying to get free stuff just look at the time I've spent on steam on my profile. (it's somewhere in the 700 hour range btw.)

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/9/2016 at 9:13 AM, ArsGoetia72 said:

Some update content failed to download, re-tried many times (once every hour) still got the same result.

22612459f2551994dcbfd4f61455ac2b1ea39cd4

I'm also getting the same error.

I did some digging in the launcher log I found this

[Warning]: Bad data from cache host content.warframe.com for /Lotus/Characters/Tenno/Mag/MagSWAlata/AlataHelmetPackMap!5BC_SGs37OoJHiMrsxaY3euRmA

On 6/17/2016 at 9:57 PM, Vanov said:

from indonesia here....same problem "update failed..please try again later..the update will be restarted shortly"...pls help..

stick to that pop up for 3 hours.. =(

Same problem after The Silver Grove. 

Old player here. Please help/fix.

Edited by ALVIYAN
Typo

On 8/20/2016 at 6:06 AM, Chaoseraid said:

I'm also getting the same error.

I did some digging in the launcher log I found this

[Warning]: Bad data from cache host content.warframe.com for /Lotus/Characters/Tenno/Mag/MagSWAlata/AlataHelmetPackMap!5BC_SGs37OoJHiMrsxaY3euRmA

I'm getting that same error in the screenshot.

I tried deleting the local files on steam then reinstalled. Didn't work. Still got that screen.
I tried doing that thing on steam with deleting everything in the Cache folder. All it did was reinstall the whole game but in the launcher. After it finished, I STILL got that screen. SO it didn't work.
I uninstalled it again, and this time I installed the game FROM this website. I STILLLL got that update restarting screen. So it STILL didn't work.

I haven't played this game for a year and I wanted to come back to it, yet I can't because the damn game won't even start.
I really need to know what this issue is. I'm getting tired and about to give up.

On 8/31/2016 at 7:41 AM, Jakku said:

I just ran into this new update problem like 5 minutes ago, sigh!

iy1u3a.jpg

Same thing is happening to me right now.
I just tried to verify files and it's redownloading 69 files and is restarting the update 11GB -_- (isn't that the whole game?)

Edited by AuDrainE

On 3/4/2013 at 8:15 AM, [DE]Glen said:

1) Take a break.

So will there be any fix or any response from DE on this problem? It's been over a week for me and I even reinstalled, installed Steam version and still get the "Update Failed!" window. I guess Warframe really is telling me to stop playing although this break may not see its end.

On 7/11/2016 at 1:53 AM, ArsGoetia72 said:

3. If steam found some files failed to validate, it'll try re-downloading the broken files (in my case 11 gb -.-;;)

At this point, I'll be needing additional bandwidth by the time the game decides to not break itself between the launcher and Steam's update process.

• 2 weeks later...

The Silver Grove PC U.3.1 here, stuck at 'Checking for New Content' at 82.4 KB left of data after downloading about 100+MB. After a while it gives me the 'Update failed! Some content updates could not be downloaded from our servers. Please restart Warframe to try again. The update will be restarted shortly..' message. Anyone happens to be having the same problem?

Edited by Stellaros