Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Salvo - The Bomber

Quatrez

Greeting Tenno,

Today I want to introduce a brand new Warframe, Salvo. Since we have an assassin(Ash), tanker(Rhino), healer(Trinity) and many more. So, why cant we have a bomber style warframe.

Lore

Salvo is one the energy Warframe secretly forge by the Oracle, a organizaion dated back to the Orokin Era. With the Red Orb implant on his chest, he was designed to dominate the battlefield with explosion. 

Codex entry : Xplode

With the power of the Red Orb, Salvo is borned to rule the battlefield with explosion. He is the destructor and heavy artillery of his team

Base Statistic

HEALTH 100

POWER 110

SHIELD 90

ARMOR 105

SPRINT 1.0

STAMINA  9.0

1st ability (Grenade)

Salvo throw out a grenade, it splint 4 child grenade after explode. (Blast damage & knockdown enemy)

2nd ability (Protector)

Salvo create a shield around his body for a duration by gathering nanobots on his skin. Immue to ragdoll effect and absorb 75% damage.

3rd ability (Sticky mine)

Salvo plant a mine on an enemy and push the enemy to his enemy's allies. Create a small explosion after the target has been killed. (100% blast proc)

4th ability (Destruction)

Salvo heat up the surrounding air and create a gigantic explosion.

Alterlative ability                                                                    

Explosive munitions - All squad member gain explosive round for about 7-14 seconds. 

Cannon Barrage- Salvo dual wields two grenade launchers. When ability is active, its drain his power. So the skill duration depend on your power point.(toggleable)

Well, any suggestion?

Edited by Quatrez

I'm not sure I'm into the names all that much, but I like the concept.

I like abilities 1 and 3, as I've been hoping for grenades/mines for a while now. Incorporating them into a bomber frame seems awesome.

I suggest you stick with the bomber theme, so I'm not really liking Protector, but having all of his abilities be strictly damage dealing is stupid.

I feel like a bomber should be purely offensive in his support, or at least use explosives (somehow) in his defense.

Here's an idea to consider:

2nd ability:

Explosive Munitions: All squad members gain explosive rounds for x seconds, dealing y% explosive damage per shot.

This could incorporate the needed support ability while maintaining the crazy damage and little regard for personal safety expected from a bomber.

And since your Ultimate seems a little dull and overused (AoE damage has been done by only like nearly everything ever), here's an idea to spice it up:

Martyrdom/Explosive Finale: Only usable while downed. Extends downed time by x%. Instead of drawing a sidearm, the Bomber Frame equips a frag grenade in each hand, and rapidly dispenses explosive death on nearby enemies. Every kill gained while active before death adds y seconds to the death counter, and if the counter is filled, the Bomber lets out an explosive blast and hops right back up.

If not done properly, this could lead to some fun times filling rooms with more explosions than a Michael Bay movie, but it would also be so much fun to have a Frame with revive abilities as well as crazy AoE damage.

-Edit-

Just thought of another ability that could be used in any of the slots:

Napalm Volley: The Bomber bends over, revealing two rocket pods on each half of his back. The pods fire a volley of missiles which heat seek onto nearby enemies and upon impact stun and damage the target and cover the ground in flames.

Edited by Hanselhoof

I'm not sure I'm into the names all that much, but I like the concept.

I like abilities 1 and 3, as I've been hoping for grenades/mines for a while now. Incorporating them into a bomber frame seems awesome.

I suggest you stick with the bomber theme, so I'm not really liking Protector, but having all of his abilities be strictly damage dealing is stupid.

I feel like a bomber should be purely offensive in his support, or at least use explosives (somehow) in his defense.

Here's an idea to consider:

2nd ability:

Explosive Munitions: All squad members gain explosive rounds for x seconds, dealing y% explosive damage per shot.

This could incorporate the needed support ability while maintaining the crazy damage and little regard for personal safety expected from a bomber.

And since your Ultimate seems a little dull and overused (AoE damage has been done by only like nearly everything ever), here's an idea to spice it up:

Martyrdom/Explosive Finale: Only usable while downed. Extends downed time by x%. Instead of drawing a sidearm, the Bomber Frame equips a frag grenade in each hand, and rapidly dispenses explosive death on nearby enemies. Every kill gained while active before death adds y seconds to the death counter, and if the counter is filled, the Bomber lets out an explosive blast and hops right back up.

If not done properly, this could lead to some fun times filling rooms with more explosions than a Michael Bay movie, but it would also be so much fun to have a Frame with revive abilities as well as crazy AoE damage.

-Edit-

Just thought of another ability that could be used in any of the slots:

Napalm Volley: The Bomber bends over, revealing two rocket pods on each half of his back. The pods fire a volley of missiles which heat seek onto nearby enemies and upon impact stun and damage the target and cover the ground in flames.

1) Great! All those people who want grenades can simmer down

2) Alright

3) Maybe he throws a grenade that explodes when it makes contact?

4) Sure.

Thank you for the suggestion !

• 4 months later...

1) I would say 2nd ability should be immune to knockdown and stagger not blast and shock wave, and last for a specific duration.

2) What is the armor?

3) Equipment malfunction (A suggestion for the third ability). Similar to Loki's radial Disarm, equipment malfunction causes the weapons of ranged enemies to malfunction and explode causing some damage while forcing them to resort to melee attacks.

4) 1st ability rework. Bomber throws out a rebounding projectile causing a explosing dealing 75 impact and 75 blast damage with a blast radius of 3m on each rebound.

5) I do think explosive munitions would be a better ultimate.

6) we need to know more about The Oracle.

7) Also name should be crepitus (Latin for explosion).

Edited by Drunken_Child

Ever since I started looking at my Ember as a grenadier instead of a generic fire-themed suit, she's been a lot more fun. I'd of course like a proper grenade/mine themed warframe instead.

And I hope it's a female frame so I can call her Bomb Girl and run around the wastelands with my top off lol.

Anyway, suggestions:

First Ability - Would be great if it was simply a grenade-chucking ability, similar to Ember I guess. It would deal Blast damage. Unlike Ember's bombs, the grenades bounce once or twice off a surface before exploding, this is so you hit enemies around corners/behind cover/etc.

Utility Ability - How about skill #2 can change the type of damage your grenades do? To use it, you aim at an enemy and activate the skill. This makes your grenades deal the most damaging type of damage to the chosen enemy for a limited time. When the timer runs out, they revert to doing Blast damage.

I like the idea that this warframe can chuck grenades while bleeding out, wouldn't be fair to the other frames though since they don't have any cool perks.

New Idea: Add some frikkin perks to the other frames lol. Ember always resists 75% Fire damage, getting shot by lasers recharges Volt's shields by 5% of damage dealt, etc.

EDITED with more stuff

Edited by DarkTails

Ever since I started looking at my Ember as a grenadier instead of a generic fire-themed suit, she's been a lot more fun. I'd of course like a proper grenade/mine themed warframe instead.

And I hope it's a female frame so I can call her Bomb Girl and run around the wastelands with my top off lol.

Sorry to tell you that he is a guy. :(

• 10 months later...