Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Recovery After Being Launched.

Renkai141

Recovery System :

Such as pressing space while being launched in the air. Most shockwaves and certain enemies that launch you into the air and player NOT having a single responce to it feels heavily annoying.

it is true you can hop over the shockwaves, but most of the time once it hits it's hard to get off.

This is not only for the shockwaves but an overall recovery system.

Such as, gettin up from the floor rolling a direction of the player's choice.

being launched in the air and fliping back and standing onto the floor.

It's still a bit off on how to explain this sort of system but it affects the game heavily if there where players like me, who would love to have a responce every time this happens. Instead of suffering through.

To make it clear :

Space button, roll in air(or some of the sort): stand back on the ground.

Space button, Floor(lying on the floor) : Rolling to a direction the player chooses.

Space button, In time the "exact" moment you hit the floor : The character will roll the moment you hit space.(could replace air recover)

Strange idea :

Attack recovery(since all players/most have a melee weapon) they will get up from the floor countering. Gun/melee. Might make the player over powered, and have them have alot of choices.

But the enemies "must" have them as well. Giving the player/enemy a huge amount of variety is the greatest feeling there is.

I'm not completely sure if there are any other types of flinches but I hope I made my poin tunderstandable.

Edited by Renkai141

I agree with this.

We're supposed to be ninjas. It's kind of odd that we pretty much literally get up the same way Grineer do when we get knocked down. Some sort of roll on the ground would be both helpful and would fit what the Tenno are - space ninjas.

Flipping in the air for a recovering is also a great idea. Have it so that you REALLY have to time your space button press (and don't let players just spam space). It'll give a new layer in depth for the game as well as awarding player skill and timing.

I agree with this.

We're supposed to be ninjas. It's kind of odd that we pretty much literally get up the same way Grineer do when we get knocked down. Some sort of roll on the ground would be both helpful and would fit what the Tenno are - space ninjas.

Flipping in the air for a recovering is also a great idea. Have it so that you REALLY have to time your space button press (and don't let players just spam space). It'll give a new layer in depth for the game as well as awarding player skill and timing.

Do not get me wrong for comparing games. please.

But, a game recently called "vindictus" has the "rolling" on the floor. system working really perfect, and that could work with this game.

As well as "Asurath's wrath" (being launched) which gives the player a minimal time of pressing the buttons, so it's also really skilled.

Just latching back at the game with your strenght and speed, without having to wait makes the game extremel more tense.

It COULD be an "Upgrade" move if so, more like side abilities of the sort for most.

thanksf or hearing me out~

If you watched the live Dev chat that happened last week it seems to be a known issue that Im pretty sure is being addressed in a future patch.

of course I did,and as well.

This game reminds me highly of a game called Vanquish. again, I am very sorry for comparing- I almost can't help it, but the examples are just really clean and well done.

This game is fully original of course. It's the potential that I love.

Yeah no worries; in a medium like this every game can be compared to another. Not a bad thing to get inspiration from different sources :D

I think if a recovery system was in place, it should rely on your stamina, like in Vindictus. If your stamina is high enough, you can recover in the air/roll on the ground. This gives high stamina frames (like Ash with his alt helm) a new upside, while giving high magical power frames (like Mag) an extra downside for being so magically powerful.

Yeah no worries; in a medium like this every game can be compared to another. Not a bad thing to get inspiration from different sources :D

I think if a recovery system was in place, it should rely on your stamina, like in Vindictus. If your stamina is high enough, you can recover in the air/roll on the ground. This gives high stamina frames (like Ash with his alt helm) a new upside, while giving high magical power frames (like Mag) an extra downside for being so magically powerful.

And then everything falls into place.

I hope this can be seen by developer soons. They have a great way of looking for improvement and balancement, which not many games do at this point. The only sad part is- Reading trhough everything and the available information is given through.

SMALL EDIT(also edited on the top) :

Space button, In time the "exact" moment you hit the floor : The character will roll the moment you hit space.(could replace air recover)

Strange idea :

Attack recovery(since all players/most have a melee weapon) they will get up from the floor countering. Gun/melee. Might make the player over powered, and have them have alot of choices.

But the enemies "must" have them as well. Giving the player/enemy a huge amount of variety is the greatest feeling there is.

I'm not completely sure if there are any other types of flinches but I hope I made my poin tunderstandable.

Edited by Renkai141

Enemies should not have the recover mechanic, unless they are specifically a mob that features high agility. MOA for example. Corpus crewmembers do need to be able to get up faster though, currently it looks like they're waking up from an afternoon nap than getting up for their lives. The Grineer are big and heavy and their timer is just fine.

If they introduced more agile bosses, like an infected tenno maybe, then I'd support the recovery.

• 2 weeks later...

@J-Pax

Well, the more challenging A.I's the better. Such as "Leapers" how they kinda jump you. If we don't have an enemy quite as challenging, then it would just feel off. It's best if "SOME" enemies as (Light armored enemies) have these kind of things.

@kiwicanfly

Old grandma, true that. My shield depletes once I get hamered by one of those shield guys. And by the time I get up, either my sentinel is down or I have around 10 hp left that I just die by.