Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Oshosi - Spirit Of The Hunt/summoner Warframe

Messor36

Spectre-beastmaster warframe. Oshosi (also Ochossi, Oxosi, Ososi, Osawsi, or Oxos) name taken from actual Voodoo spirit of hunt.

Oshosi is a mix of ghost + summoner. 

Work in progress

LORE
The beast and the hunter are tied together with an unseen bond, creating an unstoppable force that need to be reckoned with.
The astral beast itself is an infested lifeform that was created by ancient Orokin. Later those creatures were inhabiting the places where Void leaks into reality. During ancient war sometimes they were used as hounds, seeking traitors.

GAMEPLAY

The gameplay idea of this warframe is - to be led by the ghostly-voidbeast to your prey and also provide some support on the battlefield. This warframe is corrupted by infestation, because of infested-symbiotic-voidcreature sharing a bond with him - and due to that he has "corrupted powers" - which on use feed energy of a warframe to the VoidBeast*, instead just dissolving it.

Plus the warframe has some buff/debuff powers that should fill the nishe(reducing enemy atack power and speed by %, and ability to cleanse status effects).

*due to fact that he has 7 powers - that mechanic is needed to maintain his energy drain. Upon using powers from 1 to 3 you will transfer your energy to Voidbeast filling Beasts's own energy pool. Beast's drain his energy slowly over time while summoned with 4 Power and drain a flat portions of energy for use of his own powers. So basicly the duration of your 4 power is restricted by your energy pool and not affected by duration mods.

STATS

KRUQAzK.jpg

POWERS

1st power. (25 Glowing_Blue_Orb_2.png)START THE HUNT >>>projects a phantom of  VoidBeast ( the beast in voidwalker state) running forward with high speed, seeking nearby enemies for few seconds. Dealing SMALL amount of damage to the enemies it passes trough, and creating a ghostly path under its feet - that path increases runing speed for Oshosi.

(Once the beast passes through the enemy  - the beast seeks the next nearest enemy and so on)

Also while passing trough enemy reducing their atack speed and strenght by 15%.

1st beast power.(25Glowing_Blue_Orb_2.png)GET'EM!>>Warframe marks certain enemy for beast to attack and teleports beast on that location, if target dies within 5 sec - the beast consumes his target, restoring 20% health to itself and giving healing over time buff to his master.

2nd power.(40Glowing_Blue_Orb_2.png) VOIDWALKER(toggleable) >>> through becoming one with beast,

Oshosi becomes ethereal(can pass trough enemies) to avoid all damage for a few seconds (not immune - shot trought). Passing through enemy in this state reduces their attack speed and strength on 20% and deals SMALL damage,can be used in the addition to the 1st power effect (35% overal).

Shooting and melee combat is turned off while active - but other powers still can be aсtivated instead of it. 

Passing trough an ally in this form grants both of you "cleanse" state - removing debuffs and also Oshosi shares all his positive BOONS with ally he passes through.

2nd beast power. (35Glowing_Blue_Orb_2.pngHOWL of DISTORTION>> Howls in 360 arc and attracts enemies fire on himself + inreasing beast armor by flat amount + % for each enemy in range.

3rd power.(50Glowing_Blue_Orb_2.png)DARK GRASP(has 10 sec cooldown, AOE damage)>>>> Enlarges blade on the right elbow and swings it with spin dealing damage in 360 degrees, causing slash/radiation damage with high chance proc. Can be activated during VOIDWALKER and do not breaks its effect. Affected by melee weapon mods.

3rd beast power(50Glowing_Blue_Orb_2.png)ASTRAL BREATH(has 10 sec cooldown)>> Beast exhales the raw energy - releasing an explosion of toxic\radiation damage in 180 arc in front.

4th power. VOIDCALL (Glowing_Blue_Orb_2.pngenergy drain while active+usable only after you spent at least 30 energy with other powers) (toggleable, 30 sec base cooldown)>>> summons spectral beast  in real world and allows to use alternative set of powers (beast powers). 

In corporeal form beast can deal massive damage with melee strikes and sustain large amount of damage from enemy.

Deactivating the power  - banishes beast from the world and turns off alternative powers.

+Beast damage scales with Power strength mods and deals slash+impact damage.

--- his base health and armor is affected by Warframe mods. 

--- There is a cooldown for this power (beast needs a rest).

--- if he doesnt kill a certain amount of enemies beast breaks out from restrain - increasing the cooldown of 4 power dramatically for x3.

(if he is fed enough cooldown is halved - the power icon will change color and beast will start to glow with void energy) 

[be carefull bringing this hungry monster to real world ^_^].

* Only one effect is unaffected by mods - its the debuff of 1st and 2nd power
*All the powers (with exception of  2nd+3rd) CANT be used simultaneously since you have only ONE Voidbeast under your command. If one of them is used while other is active - active power duration ends.

OBTAINING
The receiving of that warframe should be similar to Necros(from an infested boss)

Old raw sketch - a look from the back. (On the head is a wirelike syndana.) Sry for my drawing skills =P 

ARt1_002.jpg

Reworked body 2nd RAW sketch - front look

FKFd6nh.jpg

P.S. WOULD BE HAPPY TO HEAR ANY SUGGESTIONS ABOUT THE WARFRAME 

Edited by Messor36

Everytime I see this topic it makes me think of the Venator armor in Halo 4:

maxresdefault.jpg

And while Blue and yellow might not fit very well, I could totally see him looking something like this in more subdued colors. Haha

Edited by Siubijeni

Everytime I see this topic it makes me think of the Venator armor in Halo 4:

And while Blue and yellow might not fit very well, I could totally see him looking something like this in more subdued colors. Haha

Well.. its has nothing to do with my idea of his looks) in fact i havent played Halo at all.

lol,  LEGS!..... coming soon XD

Its just a scetch to let you guys know what i am imagining ^_^ , and for you to see how work progresses so you can add some thoughts to the core concept. I might be bisy cus my exams are coming closer. So thats why i decided to post every tiny piece of my work while i still have time left to do that.

Looks kinda hard to play without legs.

But, I could work with that. :3

Edited by Messor36

• 1 month later...

The 1 and 2 powers sound like they would look really cool, but they don't seem to do a whole lot.

I think the 2nd power would be cool if it had a decent duration and instead of invulnerability, the

user avoids all damage and can pass through enemies, except when the user attacks, they would

become corporeal (this would mean that user cannot attack while passing through an enemy or

ally).

The 3rd power seems like the same old thing.  I think the game needs more skills (1 or 2 per frame)

that scale well for end game content, like Antimatter Drop or absorb.  Skills with high damage caps,

but take a long time to charge to full power.

The 4th power sounds really cool.  I want to know more about how it would work.  Would the beast

be controllable, or would it just act on it's own?  

The 1 and 2 powers sound like they would look really cool, but they don't seem to do a whole lot.

I think the 2nd power would be cool if it had a decent duration and instead of invulnerability, the

user avoids all damage and can pass through enemies, except when the user attacks, they would

become corporeal (this would mean that user cannot attack while passing through an enemy or

ally).

In my case i wanted to make all powers usefull for a certain situations and not just pure damageburst.

2nd power - is actually make bulets and attacks pass trough.

The main reason why i wouldnt allow any atack in ethereal state becouse of balance - constantly running in this state and shooting things like a crazy isnt good. But a medium amount of damage to that power on pass-trough its a good option.

The 3rd power seems like the same old thing.  I think the game needs more skills (1 or 2 per frame)

that scale well for end game content, like Antimatter Drop or absorb.  Skills with high damage caps,

but take a long time to charge to full power.

Only power unnafected by mods is the debuff of 1st and 2nd power - just because iam afraid of overpowering, making it scale its an option but only to 50% debuff max.

Indeed 3rd should work as a long-chargeable atack and smash enemies all around. I felt that a lore-fitting power is a must-have for that warframe so i just took infested disruptor's atack as a reference.

The 4th power sounds really cool.  I want to know more about how it would work.  Would the beast

be controllable, or would it just act on it's own?  

The 4th power should be working as Zephyr 1st. Example : you push 4power once and beast appears for a certain period of time in the place of a cursor. While he is active you can reactivate it again with small energyy fee to make the beast reappear near you and start atacking the aimed target( once target destroyed he goes on the next enemy) Also thinking about a cooldown for this power ( the beast needs a rest) mainly becouse of balance again - beast scales well with Power strength mods(as well as energy pool or shield capacity) and deals true damage like ash's 4th power.

Edited by Messor36

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...