Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Humor/fanfiction) What Blueprints May Bring...

Gibblemung

The researchers clustered about the umbilicals, reaching into the experimental area. Precise quantities of rare materials were manipulated, refined, and affixed to the core, with the goal no less than the resurrection of ancient technology.

Easy, easy. One cautioned, as more of the admixture was applied to the dorsal surface. We need a thermal plate to bleed off the extra forge temperature before it disfigures the core.

Done. Another interjected, expertly manipulating some fine equipment and solidifying the newest circuitry. Twenty more seconds to core engagement, apply the refined plastid.

Excellent. We've almost done it. The leader congratulated the team, his voice cracking with barely-contained pride and excitement. Final product coming online in five. Four. Three. Tw-

WAIT! An assistant yelped from the rear of the room, pointing through the observation window at the forging chamber's wall, where the blueprints were still pinned. Too late, as the roar of the engaging reactor filled the room with flame, blasting the ancient document to cinders, then dust, then nothing at all.

**** IT! NOT AGAIN! The assistant project lead snarled. A few moments later, the scientists sheepishly congratulated each other on the working final product... carefully ignoring the loss of yet another set of blueprints.

The researchers clustered about the umbilicals, reaching into the experimental area. Precise quantities of rare materials were manipulated, refined, and affixed to the core, with the goal no less than the resurrection of ancient technology.

Easy, easy. One cautioned, as more of the admixture was applied to the dorsal surface. We need a thermal plate to bleed off the extra forge temperature before it disfigures the core.

Done. Another interjected, expertly manipulating some fine equipment and solidifying the newest circuitry. Twenty more seconds to core engagement, apply the refined plastid.

Excellent. We've almost done it. The leader congratulated the team, his voice cracking with barely-contained pride and excitement. Final product coming online in five. Four. Three. Tw-

WAIT! An assistant yelped from the rear of the room, pointing through the observation window at the forging chamber's wall, where the blueprints were still pinned. Too late, as the roar of the engaging reactor filled the room with flame, blasting the ancient document to cinders, then dust, then nothing at all.

**** IT! NOT AGAIN! The assistant project lead snarled. A few moments later, the scientists sheepishly congratulated each other on the working final product... carefully ignoring the loss of yet another set of blueprints.

Now I know...I just wished that after 8 times they would finally remember to take it off the damn wall.

Edited by Strat

• 1 month later...

Funtimes. I like this one.

Personally my theory was that the BP's were copy protected and fed into a nano machine forge, thus them being destroyed in the production process prevents (say) the Grineer mass producing Skana's. (I am aware how ironic that makes their piles of Gorgons and Bratons.) Thus you get an exactingly refined product (also why it takes so long) that won't be copied by the enemy.

just my own thoughts. Love the humor here.