Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Protonus' Ridiculous Questions No. 4: Weights

Freelancer27

What would happened if Warframe has a weight system as part of its gameplay?

Having Heavy Warframes like Rhino, Frost and Saryn can change the delivery of damage in terms of melee and the way they land on their enemies. This also greatly increases the effectiveness of Heavy Impact.

Having Light Warframes like Nova, Loki, Mag and Excalibur bring a less damage in melee but delivers them generally faster, but the way they land on enemies deals less damage. This affects Heavy Impact by dealing less damage and in a smaller area. The gravity by these Warframes are less compared to the heavies.

The weight also affects the height of flight, such as jumps, climbs and the impact on certain platforms. Where some frames are not capable on those platforms but those who are light can.

This also tells how resistant they are against knockbacks or how prone they are.

Think of more ideas of this system, don't just leave an answer to this thought.

I am making a series for questions which the title was before "What Would Happened If (*Insert Question here)" on my first three questions, which were Shields, Mods Slots and Armor. Just for you guys to get some opening and what to expect and what not to expect in Warframe.

Protonus out. :3

Edited by Freelancer27

then they could add mods that increase/decrease your weight, which could subtly affect your speed in addition to jump height and ground slam attacks. if momentum were properly implemented in warframe this would be an awesome feature that they could include, but there was this other topic that was talking about auto-rolling when you fall or something, and it reminded me of this bothersome example of broken momentum where while you're sliding, and you hit the jump button to do the aerial somersault, and you try to go back into the slide, upon landing, sometimes you just dead stop standing up, completely stopping your momentum. really doesn't make much sense

I don't think DE is capable of making such delicate/fine changes without messing something up royally. If they did implement something like this, it wouldn't be a system. It would simply involve arbitrary changes to the behavior of each warframe.

I do agree to that.

It's like applying another entire Physics engine into the game, as each item would possess a code to set what value can be used just to simply toss an object from a platform.

If they added momentum to everything with this it would be very nice.

"Rhino rape train, coming through!"

I actually think this idea would be quite nice. A tangent to the idea of momentum could be that lighter frames have faster acceleration, but less momentum, whereas heaver frames take longer to build up to top speed, but more momentum. Momentum in this case could mean knockdown resistance, or resistance to impact and blast proc.

Sounds interesting, but personally three weight classes sounds more accurate with what is currently available.

Heavy: Rhino and Frost

Medium: Excalibur, Ash, Saryn, Valkyr, Vauban

Light: Everyone else...

The groups are based on similar armor values. Sadly we have tons of "caster" frames and very little else.