Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Adagio's Doodles, October 3Rd - "performance System" Concept: Paris

Adagio

is this in the right section already ? as now we have fan zone, fan art and fan concept section i'm kinda lost in which category this thread falls to, kinda good if a mod or anyone can point me out and move this thread where it belongs, thanks !

dood dood
warframe_s_exca___loki_by_trionfante-d5x
Custom Logo: i'm trying to give it some Vandal-like scheme. (this one is that one from Fan-Kit pack) i uploaded it as .psd file, so you can edit it again
warframe2dlogo_vandal_by_trionfante-d5xo
download: Warframe Vandal logo

Wallpapers

splash__excalibur_by_trionfante-d5xny2v.
download: Splash: Excalibur
splash__excalibur_vandal_by_trionfante-d
download: Splash: Excalibur Vandal

Facebook banner:

download: Fb banner White
download: Fb banner Vandal

Twitter header:
splash__excalibur___twitter_header_1_by_
download: Twitter header Vandal

splash__excalibur___twitter_header_2_by_
download: Twitter header Blue-Black

Weapons
katarn_by_trionfante-d5xcvh1.jpg

Frame: Arondight
excalibur_dood_by_trionfante-d5xcav2.jpg
was randomly drawing this and .. we have Excalibur .. where's Arondight ?

removing his horn, get a base head

arondight_dood_by_trionfante-d5xcbec.jpg

too mechanic .. why am i remembering the Predators :\

arondight_dood2_by_trionfante-d5xcdq9.jp
arondight_dood_helm1_by_trionfante-d5xcn
arondight_dood_helm2_by_trionfante-d5xcn
arondight_dood_helm3_by_trionfante-d5xcn

getting more helmets .. (that one in the midle is from Fate/Zero's Berserker hahah)

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2013/067/5/c/arondight_helmet_by_trionfante-d5xcko5.jpg

still trying to add more .. "organic" details ..
arondight_by_trionfante-d5xckuv.jpg

-edit: looks like there's an image post limit ..

________________________________________________________________________________________

highlighted post by me:

About the Performance System Concepts;

So continuing that performance system (let's call it PS)

The first one is the Warframe PS; this PS is meant to alter or change the way a Warframe's performance, varying from animation for weapon swapping to the way the Warframe moves in a level.

The very basic form for this PS concept is the weapon swapping and placement. This PS system requires a PS chassis and PS system, using the PS chassis alone would let the Player to use the weapon placement aspect, while the PS system would allow the Players to use weapon swapping speed upgrade. Using one or both of the PS components would give the Players access to a new mod window to place the PS component, while combining both give a new set of options to alter the Warframe's performance. Different weapon placement would affect the weapon swapping speed and weapon combo while swapping the weapon for a moment to keep the fight continue without losing any crowd/control momentum.

The Warframe PS components would have a part and is able to be combined with each limbs PS, this includes the Arm PS and Leg PS (let’s call them Advanced PSs). Those PS would further alter the Player’s experience with their Warframe during various engagements in a mission in different environments and obstacles in many levels. The same structure from the Warframe PS still applies, using the Warframe PS chassis alone would allow the Players to use Arm PS or Leg PS chassis (or both), but not their system and vice versa (it should not be possible to use Advanced PSs without Warframe PS, in this case either chassis, system or both).

As the Warframe PS would have different interaction and access with different weapons placement and buffs (as stated in previous post), the Advanced PSs should have the same perks by altering the Warframe’s performance in using a weapon, which is tied too with the specific weapon, both with the weapon alone or a weapon which have been installed with its own PS system.

Further advancing the PS concept, also as stated in the previous post, each weapon (or weapon category) would have their own PS (let’s call them Weapon PS), this PS would give access to the Player a new method or usability of a weapon installed with it. Let’s take Paris as the example; there will be a Weapon PS chassis (works just like a skin) and Weapon PS system. Installing the chassis would allow the Paris to have bladed edge that can works as a melee weapon in dire situation (to fasten the swap time and weapon combo during such moment). While the system would allow the said weapon to be used differently, both as a crossbow or as a Katar in the same set. <-[some concept artworks to come later for this]

concept for the Paris Performance System as an example for Weapon PS, done this roughly, will do the scaling later, and cleaning the lines ..

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/276/d/b/paris_ps_by_trionfante-d6p2py0.jpg

there will be a rotating gear and retractable rod that connects to the grip, this could be released so the bow can be held and holstered back at / by either hand. The blades function as the bow's wing, with reinforced strings (what's that one we use for Paris and Dread ?) that will be rolled in (thus closing the wing blades) and pulled back to the elbow, the whole bow would be turned by 180 degree so that the blades will be above your palm, and pushed back to be used as a Katar. Retracting the wings without turning the bow will allow you to use it as a compact crossbow from your arm.

In-Game implementation, could be done by key combo system, as example, pressing alt while using your primary will swap the PS for your Paris to be used as a Katar, pressing the keys again will switch it to the mini crossbow mode. While in the Katar or crossbow mode, the holstered position would be like the crossbow one but with the wings closed in.

Will provide a better image plus the explanation for each mode later.

Edited by Adagio

WUT IS THIS?!??!?! Are you suggesting a grappling blade that can impale and pull the enemy towards you?!?!?! One that doubles as a fist weapon/wrist mounted blade?!?!?! That's actually a pretty interesting concept :3

Oh and...

GET OVER HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: Oh there's more spoilers hidden within the spoilers O_O The helmet design is pretty cool, especially the one that looks like gaping jaws. The full body armor though... kinda looks like nightmare from soul calibur :P

Edited by Gestalt

Very awesome.

don't nerf meee D:

WUT IS THIS?!??!?! Are you suggesting a grappling blade that can impale and pull the enemy towards you?!?!?! One that doubles as a fist weapon/wrist mounted blade?!?!?! That's actually a pretty interesting concept :3

Oh and...

GET OVER HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: Oh there's more spoilers hidden within the spoilers O_O The helmet design is pretty cool, especially the one that looks like gaping jaws. The full body armor though... kinda looks like nightmare from soul calibur :P

YESSSS !

ah you're right >.> they do looks somewhat .. familiar ? the claw like fingers maybe ? or the feet ? or the spikey spikey sharpy armors ?

-edit: wait what is this soul calibur ? i remember reading the wikia years ago >.>

-edit2: err nvm, i did read their wiki from a doujhin reference ..

Edited by Adagio

Sweet :3 Awesome design mate. I would love to see stuff from you added to the game =)

thank you ! i'm going to add some more this morning, hope you will like them too

i'm thinking about Corpus crewmen and Grineers machinery ..

still trying to make a combat proxy with Corpus styles, and .. a bit humanoid, or .. what is it called ? conventional ?

i want to draw something more combat efficient (i think) for Corpus

Edited by Adagio

I just love the unconventional weapons, as opposed to our current guns and blades (+staves and a gauntlet). Keep up the cool frame designs too. Oh and you should feel great about inadvertantly doing a somewhat Nightmare look-alike :P, that's one badass suit of armor~ Great artists think alike (? sometimes? other times differently?).

pretty flippin cool weapon ideas.

i don't know where you are going with these, but it definitely should not end here. would love to see more.

I just love the unconventional weapons, as opposed to our current guns and blades (+staves and a gauntlet). Keep up the cool frame designs too. Oh and you should feel great about inadvertantly doing a somewhat Nightmare look-alike :P, that's one badass suit of armor~ Great artists think alike (? sometimes? other times differently?).

thanks for the compliments ! :'D

i'm not done with the Corpus yet, was trying to sketch Arn Etina (never seen him ingame, but that close up image in the wiki tickles my mind)

instead i'm doing some simple brush and filtering with a screenshot i took during tutorial, made it along with text replacement for Facebook banner and Twitter header

also, a Warframe Logo from the Fan-Kit pack, uploaded it as .psd file

Oh. Now you gotta do a wallpaper/fb timeline for all frames XD I'm getting kinda sick of mine that's done in paint XD

just tell me what frame do you want, i'll make one for you - since people doesn't really seems to be interested with these kind of works i'll just do what people asked me for lol

eh it doesn't have to be the Warframe, since we have some enemy and even weapon images from the fan-kit

Ah... I don't have a particular one I'd want made, plus it seems kinda weird to request something like that XD...

BUT, I HIGHLY recommend there be some sort of fan-art program where the devs can post them on the main page under Media > Fan Art (and there could be sub sections like "concept art" "wallpaper" etc) or something, where you can put these there.

I bet tons of people would love to download them as wallpapers or something, since they're so well made, and we have a shortage of official wallpapers.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

OH WOW.  You just outdid yourself with that new wallpaper.  Tempted to use as new desktop T____T  

I'm a sucker for those artsy, abstract promo-art/teaser-art type stuff @___@  Sharing on facebook to hopefully get more friends into warframe~ (more as in, any; damn mac users)

• 1 month later...

OH WOW.  You just outdid yourself with that new wallpaper.  Tempted to use as new desktop T____T  

I'm a sucker for those artsy, abstract promo-art/teaser-art type stuff @___@  Sharing on facebook to hopefully get more friends into warframe~ (more as in, any; damn mac users)

thanks ! weh i didn't read this thread for so long >.>

and yeah, sad that i can't get my friend with Mac to play, he was quite interested :|

if you are somehow afraid with a permission it's a free to use as anything lol, tho i'd edit it a bit to add a PS4 logo in it.

doodling for the game concept (just as fan art, not going to seriously suggest it to the devs.), to add a performance system, where you can customize how and where you equip your weapons before going to a mission, better placement means faster draw time and a right handling might either buff your melee weapon's damage or increase your gun's accuracy.

each items have their own unique performance status and limit, so it's impossible to place Snipetron or Vulkar on your hips ..

this would be adding a new system that we can swap, acquirable from crafting like an alt helmet (i have 2 more concepts about this "system" thingy) this one is the Performance System as i stated above, would be different for each frame, and each System from each Frame would be upgrade-able (a completely new system addition to our current game play) which can be, well, found, or as a mile-stone, like you need 1000 kills using a long sword to be able to upgrade your Performance system to use an "Iai" / "Iaido" stance, for either each weapon, or each weapon category.

if it's for each weapon it would be a realllllllllllllly long term goal, if you are that kind of people who want to really complete the game, and yet it's still easy as why would you unlock your Iai Stance system for a Skana, use a Heat Sword / Dark Sword instead right ? wouldn't hurt another way tho.

that's for the weapon side, another Performance System is the Warframe's performance, you can unlock another ability like Gun-Blade, which uses ancient Tenno's combat maneuver or technique that combines sword and gun combat style, like placing your melee on your off hand and gun in your main, that allows higher accuracy and reduced recoil for gun but less swing speed and less damage for your melee attack and vice versa (like i stated above), and here's a cropped doodle,

doodling__weapon_placement_by_trionfante

and a link to my dArt page

Edited by Adagio

Huehuehue~ You should update this thread a lot more often! XD

And the weapon placement idea is very cool. Having different weapons in different holstered positions that enable faster drawing or more damage to further customize your characters would be kickass, though with what the team's doing right now, they probably won't get down to that kind of customizeability until they've done polishing up current mechanics and adding new content.

Maybe they can focus on adding new systems like this after they put out the player-constructed missions, since that'll definitely give players a lot of things to do and keep them busy and stop asking for new tileset or what not for a while.

Also, that quick doodle is right up my ally XD Love those fuzzy doodly drawings :3

• 2 months later...

So continuing that performance system (let's call it PS)

The first one is the Warframe PS; this PS is meant to alter or change the way a Warframe's performance, varying from animation for weapon swapping to the way the Warframe moves in a level.

The very basic form for this PS concept is the weapon swapping and placement. This PS system requires a PS chassis and PS system, using the PS chassis alone would let the Player to use the weapon placement aspect, while the PS system would allow the Players to use weapon swapping speed upgrade. Using one or both of the PS components would give the Players access to a new mod window to place the PS component, while combining both give a new set of options to alter the Warframe's performance. Different weapon placement would affect the weapon swapping speed and weapon combo while swapping the weapon for a moment to keep the fight continue without losing any crowd/control momentum.

The Warframe PS components would have a part and is able to be combined with each limbs PS, this includes the Arm PS and Leg PS (let’s call them Advanced PSs). Those PS would further alter the Player’s experience with their Warframe during various engagements in a mission in different environments and obstacles in many levels. The same structure from the Warframe PS still applies, using the Warframe PS chassis alone would allow the Players to use Arm PS or Leg PS chassis (or both), but not their system and vice versa (it should not be possible to use Advanced PSs without Warframe PS, in this case either chassis, system or both).

As the Warframe PS would have different interaction and access with different weapons placement and buffs (as stated in previous post), the Advanced PSs should have the same perks by altering the Warframe’s performance in using a weapon, which is tied too with the specific weapon, both with the weapon alone or a weapon which have been installed with its own PS system.

Further advancing the PS concept, also as stated in the previous post, each weapon (or weapon category) would have their own PS (let’s call them Weapon PS), this PS would give access to the Player a new method or usability of a weapon installed with it. Let’s take Paris as the example; there will be a Weapon PS chassis (works just like a skin) and Weapon PS system. Installing the chassis would allow the Paris to have bladed edge that can works as a melee weapon in dire situation (to fasten the swap time and weapon combo during such moment). While the system would allow the said weapon to be used differently, both as a crossbow or as a Katar in the same set. <-[some concept artworks to come later for this]

Edited by Adagio

This looks interesting.

*thinks hard*

Scrap that this looks awesome!

thank you ! glad that this could take your interest !

concept for the Paris Performance System as an example for Weapon PS, done this roughly, will do the scaling later, and cleaning the lines ..

paris_ps_by_trionfante-d6p2py0.jpg

there will be a rotating gear and retractable rod that connects to the grip, this could be released so the bow can be held and holstered back at / by either hand. The blades function as the bow's wing, with reinforced strings (what's that one we use for Paris and Dread ?) that will be rolled in (thus closing the wing blades) and pulled back to the elbow, the whole bow would be turned by 180 degree so that the blades will be above your palm, and pushed back to be used as a Katar. Retracting the wings without turning the bow will allow you to use it as a compact crossbow from your arm.

In-Game implementation, could be done by key combo system, as example, pressing alt while using your primary will swap the PS for your Paris to be used as a Katar, pressing the keys again will switch it to the mini crossbow mode. While in the Katar or crossbow mode, the holstered position would be like the crossbow one but with the wings closed in.

Will provide a better image plus the explanation for each mode later.
Edited by Adagio