Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shadow Chain Warframe: Alligans-The Shadow Of Sorrow

Aden

Codex Description:

-"Alligans is the one relic of the past we hold as our own. Silent as the shadows he conforms to his will, the chains he shapes are an eternal reminder of the betrayal of the Tenno... the sorrow of that day. Fast with massive pools of energy to draw from, he has forgone the notion of heavy armor in favor of high and quickly recharging shields. His chains carry the sorrow of betrayal and when his enemies look upon them... they to will weep as he did on that day."

-Lotus' thoughts upon Alligans' awakening-

Powers:

Impetu (onslaught):

- Alligans dashes in the direction he desires as he thrusts his hand forward, sending out a spear of coiled chains from his shadow to impale those in his sight. However, just because it's a spear does not mean that it can only target a single enemy as the smaller chains forming the spear will peal off and rip into those unlucky enough to be in range along the way. Those unlucky enough to survive will suffer debilitating bleeding and have their armor ripped to shambles.

Number of chains per rank: 5/7/9/11

Dmg per chain:85/100/125/155

Range:15/17/23/28 meters (coiled chains will break off to attack other targets at 5/8/11/14 meters)

Armor debuff: 5%

Bleed Proc: Low Chance

Luctus (mourning):

- Alligans folds his hands as if in prayer as his shadow envelops him, fitting to every aspect of himself until splitting off as a perfect copy. What was once a single threat becomes two as everything down to the shadow of his weapons become duplicates of the real thing.

Shadows per rank:1/2/3/4

- Shadow Stats:

rank 1 = fourth of Alligans'

rank 2 = third of Alligans'

rank 3 = half of Alligans'

rank 4 = three fourths of Alligan's

Gyrari (rotate);

- Alligans spins in two steps; sending out curving, bladed chains from his shadow to rip into anyone in their path as he moves. The weak will die... the slow will suffer unimaginable pain... the unlucky ones who live will do so with the sorrow of inevitable defeat hindering their every move and thought.

Dmg per rank: 100/125/150/200

Range per rank: 9/14/19/24

Bleed proc: Moderate chance

Flere (weep):

- Alligans calls on the memories of the betrayal to destroy his enemies; making a small jump in the direction of his choosing and kneeling as he lands with the tips of his fingers gently scraping the ground before ramming his hands into his shadow. His shadow expands as weeping begins to echo through the battle field, bringing his enemies to their knees as they are gripped with maddening sorrow... adding their own weeping to the phantom echo. Hundreds of clawed, chain formed hands rise from the ground to rip apart those who step foot into his expanding shadow. Those too weak to survive die... but those that do are left easy prey for his allies as they weep, held hostage by the hands ripping way bits of flesh and armor. The phantom sobs persist throughout the technique, but there are some faint but very real and corporal sobs originating from the solemnly kneeling form of Alligans. This technique assaults both body and mind, however those without the ability to feel sorrow or those strong enough to withstand it will find the sobs to be only background noise.

Dmg(3 sec gap) per rank: 130/175/250

Duration: 25/50/75 seconds

Range of shadow: 55/135/175 meters (20 additional meters added for movement debuff from sobs)

Stats:

Health: 75

Shields: 175

Energy: 125

Armor: 10

Speed: 2.00

Physical Description:

- Angular and smooth lines intertwine to form the grey and silver clad form of Alligans. Years of self-torment and tears has left their marks, most notably so on his helm. Completely smooth and devoid of all features apart from the eyes, tears from the day of the tenno's betrayal having worn groves trailing from the edges of two eye like points of energy on his helm to form intertwining lines of pale blue light. Broken chains dangle loosely from his left shoulder and waist, clanking together to form an almost inaudible sound disturbingly akin to weeping as he moves. A plate of porcelain smooth material adorns his right shoulder, stretching down the outermost side of his arm in chain like circlets until the elbow. Both forearms bear angular gauntlets that slope back from his wrist like spearhead and stretch forward from the wrist to taper his fingers with wickedly tipped claws. Small spiraling patterns of pale blue energy twist their paths up both his forearms from the tips of his clawed fingers and, in the case of his right arm, up to his shoulder where three points of energy glow brightly. His chest is plain all except for the chains wrapping his torso from his spine to his sternum that seem to be fused into the material of his warframe. His back is riddled with scar like markings of his pale blue energy near the shoulder blades, a series of armored rings piercing the warframe as they trail down the spine with a chain branching from both sides of each one from the diaphragm up. His waist is clad in what could be described as a cloak of broken chains that extend to random lengths as they hang from more porcelain like material that plates his hips and legs. Energy trails in more crisscrossing  paths up his legs from his shins. He can typically be found wielding his signature weapon, Lacrimae (tears).

Lacrimae Description:

-A long handled, black and silver, long bladed spear adorned with gradually longer spikes for the last eighth of the shaft before the half serrated spearhead. A line of energy runs up the bevel of the blade from a separate point near its base, a trait shared by the sixteen spikes that branch out from a shaft with roughly ten evenly spaced points of energy along its smooth surface. The shaft of Lacrimae is roughly eight feet in length, the blade at its end adding close to another foot and a half to its already impressive reach. When swung normally it will typically be wielded in a combination with the length of six strikes in the following order: stab, stab, slash up, turn body and slash up diagonally, finish turn and slash down diagonally, and a final long reaching horizontal swipe. When more damage is desired it will be spun as the wielder turns their body before being whipped out to be held near the bottom end of the shaft in a far reaching 360 degree slash. However, despite its long range and cruel edge Lacrimae holds one power that terrifies its targets. With each kill the energy along one of the sixteen spikes of its shaft will glow with a haunting pale blue light. Once  every one of the sixteen spikes is ignited with energy a devastating wave of energy will be unleashed with the next charged attack or ground slam, slicing through and killing those too weak to survive its impact and knocking those who are to the ground. This wave of power effectively doubles Lacrimae's reach and is unhindered by obstructing objects such as walls and physical shields. While deadly in the hands of a novice, if one takes the time to master it they will see the full potential of this weeping spear and bring it to bear with full and unrivaled force.

Lacrimae Stats:

Damage: 55

Swing Speed: 1.50

Charge Speed: 1.25

Charge Dmg: 200

Crit Chance: 5%

Total Crit Dmg: 200%

Stagger: 50%

Knockdown: 25%

Polarities: None

AN:

If any of those reading this would like to do concept art for Alligans with the Lacrimae feel free. Any feedback is appreciated and I hope you enjoy toying with his design in your heads to come with additions or criticisms. Now then, I'm going to make sure that twitching lunchbox of a sentinel hasn't shot anything important in the bio lab.

Edited by Aden

so... much... want... however on a nightmare map modded to remove shields he's gonna get trashed but other than that sounds like a lot of fun

That's the fun part bro. Don't get hit or kill them before they hit you.lol High risk high reward right?

To start, I'd like to say that, lately, I've been a little disappointed in the Warframe fan base who build concepts for Warframes. It seems that more people are just putting out what they think of and not really thinking about balance of the frame itself or that it involves both the frame's base stats and it's abilities. That said, I don't want to appear too critical of your idea. In fact, it's one of the better theme-based concepts that I've found recently, and I would love to see it implemented.

First, the high-risk, high-reward idea that you mention in reply to a post by DarkPrince0 is all well and good, but, excluding the afore-mentioned Nightmare mode, a rank-30 version of his frame would be very similar to an overly-shielded Rhino. Even if you use the smallest level gain amount (15 health, 15 shields, 5 energy), you still end at 400 shields. Add to that a full-rank Redirection and Vigor and you end up with 1750 shields. Yes, that is balanced slightly by the low health, but you can still get to 720 health using full-rank Vitality and Vigor.

SOLUTION: I would recommend almost an inversion of Nova's health and shield stats to remedy this, perhaps with a slight adjustment to shields to be slightly less glass-cannon-esque.

Next thing, if I read your ability descriptions right, two of the four abilities would have some sort of movement debuff (Laqueus and Flere), making them similar to Vauban's Bastille or Nova's Molecular Prime (if they survive the initial damage). While there are other frames that have two debuffs (Nyx comes to mind), two debuffs to movement speed, especially if they are both full movement restriction, seems like a bit too much and a waste of ability space. Also, almost all, if not all, frames (I don't remember the exact abilities for every frame) have a single target ability for the first ability. It may be that it can hit different enemies due to a lasting effect (Nova's Null-Star and Vauban's Tesla), but it is still considered single target due to firing time. Starting with a very effective AoE isn't really recommended for an initial ability, especially with the recent re-vamp of the abilities to allow the starter ability to be equipped on an unranked frame.

SOLUTION: I would say that something similar to Impetu with single target, only a debuff and small amount of damage would be a better alternative. This would also remove one AoE movement restriction ability (paragraph before this one).It would be eerily similar to Valkyr's Rip Line ability, though, so something that differs more from that would be a better idea. 

As a side-note, adding stats to the abilities would allow for better critiques.

Other than that, the concept is great and I would be looking forward to it if DE ever announced its release into the game.

To start, I'd like to say that, lately, I've been a little disappointed in the Warframe fan base who build concepts for Warframes. It seems that more people are just putting out what they think of and not really thinking about balance of the frame itself or that it involves both the frame's base stats and it's abilities. That said, I don't want to appear too critical of your idea. In fact, it's one of the better theme-based concepts that I've found recently, and I would love to see it implemented.

First, the high-risk, high-reward idea that you mention in reply to a post by DarkPrince0 is all well and good, but, excluding the afore-mentioned Nightmare mode, a rank-30 version of his frame would be very similar to an overly-shielded Rhino. Even if you use the smallest level gain amount (15 health, 15 shields, 5 energy), you still end at 400 shields. Add to that a full-rank Redirection and Vigor and you end up with 1750 shields. Yes, that is balanced slightly by the low health, but you can still get to 720 health using full-rank Vitality and Vigor.

SOLUTION: I would recommend almost an inversion of Nova's health and shield stats to remedy this, perhaps with a slight adjustment to shields to be slightly less glass-cannon-esque.

Next thing, if I read your ability descriptions right, two of the four abilities would have some sort of movement debuff (Laqueus and Flere), making them similar to Vauban's Bastille or Nova's Molecular Prime (if they survive the initial damage). While there are other frames that have two debuffs (Nyx comes to mind), two debuffs to movement speed, especially if they are both full movement restriction, seems like a bit too much and a waste of ability space. Also, almost all, if not all, frames (I don't remember the exact abilities for every frame) have a single target ability for the first ability. It may be that it can hit different enemies due to a lasting effect (Nova's Null-Star and Vauban's Tesla), but it is still considered single target due to firing time. Starting with a very effective AoE isn't really recommended for an initial ability, especially with the recent re-vamp of the abilities to allow the starter ability to be equipped on an unranked frame.

SOLUTION: I would say that something similar to Impetu with single target, only a debuff and small amount of damage would be a better alternative. This would also remove one AoE movement restriction ability (paragraph before this one).It would be eerily similar to Valkyr's Rip Line ability, though, so something that differs more from that would be a better idea. 

As a side-note, adding stats to the abilities would allow for better critiques.

Other than that, the concept is great and I would be looking forward to it if DE ever announced its release into the game.

Okay, I can see your point concerning his abilities. Normally I'd put out a more technical description below everything but I didn't want to hit you all with a wall of text. I'll see if I can't modify a few of the abilities and switch the order around. I had forgotten about the change to the first ability. Now concerning his shields, again I see your point but when you take into consideration bleeding and the like which negates shields like poison and other debuffs brought about with armor 2.0 I figured I'd try to compensate. Again I'll see what i can figure out concerning stats.

Thanks for the input.

Alright, the description of the powers are now followed by a technical explanation. I've reworked some stats here and there. If you see something out of balance let me know, that's the whole reason for you to give feedback. Enjoy the read.

The concept sounds cool, but the stats might need a little re-working, or at least more clearly-written stats. I can't tell if a 1st level power that kills 11 enemies in a wide cone would be balanced or not, and some of these other abilities' descriptions are confusing to read, at least to me.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Congratulations on one epic concept! Love how you can see it wasnt just on a whim. Think it balances well... but maybe think of scaling into late game, i think its time to see warframes perhaps work on percentage damage rather than set amounts especially when you have these debuffs and great synergy in ability range!! Love this concept!!!!!