Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Twin Frames (Frames That Complement Each Other By Default)

MetroFallout

So I got to thinking one day about synergy between Frames and I came up with this idea based on Light and Dark/opposing forces kind of thing with a pair of "twin" frames that play off of each other's abilities (sorry no art+ wall of text).

Concept: 2 “twin” frames that complement each other

1st Frame: a "male" tank frame based on light abilities, focuses on debuffing enemies, stunlocks and knockback

2nd Frame: a "female" DPS frame with armor and shield ignoring damage over time abilities

Names: 1st Frame: Yang (temporary)

2nd Frame: Yin (temporary)

Stats: Yang: health: 100 (300 at rank 30)

power: 100 (150 at rank 30)

armour: 200

shield capacity: 150 (450 at rank 30)

speed: 0.90

stamina: 80

polarities: 4 power, 2 tactic

aura polarity: tactic

Yin: health: 75 (225 at rank 30)

power : 100 (150 at rank 30)

armour: 10

shield capacity: 100 (300 at rank 30)

speed: 1.1

stamina: 100

polarities: 4 power, 1 tactic, 1 attack

aura polarity: tactic

(stats and stats name taken from Wiki)

abilities: Yang: slot 1: light speed

slot 2: photonic armour

slot 3: blast cascade

slot 4: light’s embrace

Yin: slot 1: dark bolt

slot 2: shadow slash

slot 3: umbra veil

slot 4: eclipse

ability descriptions:

Light speed: boosts Yang’s speed by 10/20/30/40% for 10/15/20/25 seconds, frame-energy coloured wings appear on feet and helmet with a same-coloured light-trail, energy cost 25, mod energy 0/1/2/3

Photonic Armour: boosts Yang’s shield capacity by 25%/50%/75%/100% until shields are depleted, when shields are depleted with photonic armour is active, a circular blast that does no damage would knockdown non-heavy units within a 5 metre radius (unaffected by range mods), once shields break, photonic armour boosts Yang’s armor by 20/30/40/50% for 5/10/15/20 seconds, surrounds Yang in an aura according to frame energy colour, energy cost 50, mod energy 4/5/6/7

Blast Cascade: Yang fires a frame-energy coloured beam where crosshairs are pointing, beam jumps from target to target dealing damage and debuffing enemies (at base power, only 1 additional target can be hit, when maxed, the ability can chain hit up to 5 additional targets within 10 metres of each other), effects: deals 100/150/200/250 damage to targets hit, stuns them and increases damage taken by each target hit by 10/15/20/25%, ability range is 50 in-game metres (chain can hit beyond 50 metres), energy cost: 75, mod energy slot 6/7/8/9

Light’s Embrace: Yang projects a halo of frame-energy coloured light around Yang that expands to the ability’s maximum range of 10/15/20/25 metres, effects: deals 150/200/250/300 damage to all enemies within range, increases damage taken by each target by 20/30/40/50% and stuns all non-boss enemies, energy cost: 100, mod energy slot 10/11/12/13

Dark Bolt: a dark frame-energy tinted lightning bolt with a range of 25 metres that deals 10/20/30/40 slash damage per second through shields on target that ignores armour for 10 seconds, requires aiming using crosshair, energy cost: 25, mod energy slot 0/1/2/3, can be cast in mid-air

Shadow Slash: Yin produces a sword made from shadows and does a horizontal slash, sword produces a curved frame-energy tinted shadow wave with a range of 25 metres and hits 180 degrees ahead of where Yin is looking, deals 15/20/25/30 damage to shields and health (ignores armour) per second at the same time for 10 seconds, can be cast in mid-air, energy cost: 50, mod energy slot 4/5/6/7

Umbra Veil: Yin turns invisible and all attacks will cause damage over time of 10/15/20/25 damage per second (ignores armour) for 10 seconds, ability itself lasts for 2/4/6/8 seconds, Yin cannot be targeted by enemies while ability is active (except for Stalker with Dispel), energy cost: 75, mod energy slot 6/7/8/9

Eclipse: Yin casts a frame-energy tinted dome around her in a 25 metre radius, all enemies caught in radius gets damaged for 20/30/40/50 damage per second for 10 seconds (ignores shields and armour), energy cost: 100, mod energy slot 10/11/12/13

Basic frame design guidelines: As Yang is the "light" frame, "he" should be light coloured to go with "his" theme. Armour pieces to bulk "him" up would also be necessary as "he" is a tank frame. Yin being the "dark" frame, "her" default colour scheme needs to be dark to fit in with "her" abilities. With "her" speed and stamina increase over the standard, "her" frame design should be light on "her" feet.

That's basically my idea, if there's something else on the forums that is similar to it, I'm sorry but it's a complete coincidence. Let me know what you guys think mmkay? (also if anyone would like to do art of the twin frames, I'd be honoured if you'd do so and let me put the art on the idea itself so DE would take notice).

Edit: changed Umbra Veil's power duration to a maximum of 8 seconds.

Edited by MetroFallout

• 1 month later...

Reminds me of my Twinframe (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/114048-sotr-concepts-warframes-3-twinframe-chimera-and-hybrid/), a light/dark frame and (I'm pretty sure) the first dual-frame mode-switcher.

I do like the idea of frames that complement each other, there needs to be more synergy in Warframe. But I'm a little concerned about Light Speed and Umbra Veil. Light Speed is kind of a Volt rip-off... we really don't need another speed ability, not when we have that plus the buff given by Valkyr's Warcry. As for Umbra Veil, it's just too powerful. You've basically combined Saryn's Contagion with Loki's invisibility. Contagion grants 75% boost to damage, so it has the potential to out-damage this... but this flat DoT is nothing to laugh at, either. Loki is also the best at going invisible, but even his ability only lasts 12 seconds at max rank. You've nearly doubled the duration.

Reminds me of my Twinframe (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/114048-sotr-concepts-warframes-3-twinframe-chimera-and-hybrid/), a light/dark frame and (I'm pretty sure) the first dual-frame mode-switcher.

I do like the idea of frames that complement each other, there needs to be more synergy in Warframe. But I'm a little concerned about Light Speed and Umbra Veil. Light Speed is kind of a Volt rip-off... we really don't need another speed ability, not when we have that plus the buff given by Valkyr's Warcry. As for Umbra Veil, it's just too powerful. You've basically combined Saryn's Contagion with Loki's invisibility. Contagion grants 75% boost to damage, so it has the potential to out-damage this... but this flat DoT is nothing to laugh at, either. Loki is also the best at going invisible, but even his ability only lasts 12 seconds at max rank. You've nearly doubled the duration.

Fair enough on the Umbra Veil, probably need to tone that down to a more reasonable amount. As for Light Speed, it's for Yang only though, it's not shared between other members of the team, it's mostly a mobility tool to help Yang catch up.