Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Status Chance Based Weapon?

battlehotdog

We have raw dmg weapons, we have crti built weapons, but what's up with the status chance weapons. I really would like to see some weapons, like the grakata, with high fire rate, low dmg and much status chance. Maybe this is an idea to buff some older, not so useful weapons like the gakata (i know its a mastery rank 0 weapon and it already got buffed, but i want this weapon to be OP, it's my personal wish :D).

Anyways what do you guys think about this?

I know DE is tweaking the status chance system, cause the mods are quite useless at moment, but i can see this in future updates.

P.S.: Imagine the Grakata just shooting gas clouds in the face of the Grineer, 60 in a row in 5 seconds <3

You could look at any high fire rate weapon with a 10% status as a status weapon due to the amount of procs you could get.

This is true.  When you start boosting the fire rate and adding multishot, you will see a good amount of status effects off of a 10%.  High fire rate weapons and shotguns seem to get the most bang for their buck, at least what I've noticed.

What I'd really like to see is melee weapons all get a big boost, possibly even doubled, to their status chance.  They got some love with D2.0 and became more viable, but this could really set them into their own niche and give more players a reason to use them - whether from time to time, or as a main feature of their arsenal.  The problem with them right now is it can take a lot of strikes to actually see a status effect - if one strike in say 3 was the norm for a typical longsword, you could then balance that against the faster and slower attacking weapons.

The problem is status mods suck.the most you get from a status mod is 40 percent from hammershot. The highest possible status chance in the game is probably 27 percent from the magnus using 2 mods to give you 7 percent more.

Status mods need a serious buff. Just like stun mods did.

Two words: Continuous fire.

Continuous fire weapons hit ~50 times a ssecond. The Flux, Synapse, and Embolist also have 10% base proc chances. Add in multishot for a statistical average of (50*1.9)/10 = 9.5 procs per second on the synapse/flux without Hammer shot and (50*2.8)/10 = 14 procs per second on the Embolist to every target in range.

For the record that means that a target with 100,000 health will be reduced to 97.65 max health in approximately 1 second by the Flux/Synapse from viral procs alone.