Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Weapon Class Idea, Cannon Class.

some_random_guy_1

Now we have alot of weapons in warframe, from hammers to greatswords to axes to sword to rifles, LMGs, snipers, so on.

Well I had a new idea, basically this gun type is an extreme damage weapon, but the drawback is normally weight,menueverability, and reloading. It would be a sort of secondary primary for that huge group of enemies, that group of high power enemies, so on. It is for the enemies that turn the tide of a fight, who you need to focus on to kill, so that you can have everyone else focus on the lower enemies. It goes without saying these guns arn't made for small enemies, and would be wasted in such a manner as attacking weaker troops one at a time.

I had 3 ideas for weapons in this class, all with their own lore.

LZ1000X

Lore: While attempting to create an upgraded version of the Jackle for anti invasion, the corpus had created a few new weapons to accomodate this new model, saddly most of the blueprints for this new design of Jackle 2.0 were damaged or destroyed due to tenno intervening in multiple labs. Some blueprints of the weaponry were saved though, most put within their vaults due to being unusable without this heavy Jackle (codenamed Wolf).

One weapon was found useful though, by taking the tech and reducing some aspects, the corpus were able to create a heavy large, piercing lazer weapon able to be handled with a lazer diameter the size of a corpus helmet. The weapon itself is only useable by the strongest of the corpus, and after careful reverse engineering, Tenno operatives have found a way to remake this weapon in all its heavy firepower glory.

STATS:

Impact: 0.5

Puncture: 5

Slash: 3

Accuracy: 30

fire rate: 50-100

crit chance: 1% 1.5x

magazine: 1000 Ammo held at once: 3000-5000

reload: 10 (or more)

Trigger: Auto

Charge Time Before Fire: 3 seconds

Range of Lazer: 50m

Side note: 1-2 second delay between releasing mouse and gun actually stopping firing. Piercing:1.5

Obtainable by: Dojo, Corpus Lab

Rank to build: 8

RevX60

Lore: A recent excavation of dig sites on earth have yielded a success for the grineer as new weapon designs were found in old bases of unknown purpose. Along with multiple new rifle blueprints, a mysterious gun labled GG-*(illegible)*.

The gun fetured multiple barrels rotating, releasing what is believed to be thousands of bullets per minute. The grineer though this a perfect gun to use for front line assaults, so after some modifications, the RevX60 was born, made to slash through enemies with hundreads of bullets. The gun was also a response to a recent creation by the corpus named LZ1000X which was sufficiently killing off even the best of their troops. After some especially powerful grineer gained access to these guns, and a new prototype armor set, the chaingunner grinner were born, as well as the RevX60's reputation, only to have it all stolen on a Tenno attack.

STATS:

Impact:5

Puncture:1
Slash:3

Accuracy:15

fire rate: 60

crit chance:1% 1.5x

Magazine:600 Ammo held at once: 1500-3000

Reload:10

Trigger:Auto

Charge Time Before Fire: 5 seconds

Side note: Charge time can be reduced if done in short bursts, example: tapping button after charge time has completed will not cause 5 seconds between clicks. This gun loses Accuracy with held fire by 1 Accuracy Per second, down to 5.

Obtainable by: Dojo, Grineer lab

Rank to Build: 8

CaliburHVC-50       (Calibur High Velocity Condenser-50)

Lore: Recent scans of the void have found a new weapon blueprints that tenno had extracted. The blueprints had one gun able to be researched and recreated at this time. it seemed to be within a prototype phase, and do to such nature, the gun seemed to have little orokin technology within it at its phase, beyond what most tenno weapons have now. Lotus, using what was available within the blueprint, managed to create the weapon with positive results. It seems to be a bullet condenser, which can take large sums of ammo and condence them into large projectiles that can release ammunition within targets causing huge damage and well made crowd control. to compensate for the recoil, a piston mechinism seems to have been combined with the barrel of the cannon so as to prevent limb loss from the insane recoil 50 projectiles create when fired at once in a small area.

STATS:

Impact:50

Puncture:50
Slash:250

Accuracy:30

fire rate: 3

crit chance:10% 2.0x

Magazine:1000 Ammo held at once: 3000-5000

Reload:10

Trigger:Auto
Charge Time Before Fire: 1.5 seconds

piercing: 5, each enemy pierced 10% of damage is lost minimum 50% damage.

side note:This gun causes stamina loss each shot due to huge strain to keep back recoil and should stamina run low, excpect each shot to kick nearly 90 degrees, variant per frame (example: rhino or valkyr isnt losing as much stamina as loki or nova per shot due to their obvious strength). Shoots 50 bullets per shot.

Obtainable by: market

Rank to Build/buy: 7

Debuffs Upon Equiping Cannon class: 35% less speed, 10% slower stamina regen/stamina usage speed, Upon firing you cannot move until the gun has stopped firing, Aim movement is delayed/slowed (time dependant on gun)

(No cannon class can use any mods that affect the following: Status, crit chance, Accuracy)

NOTE: By right clicking the cannons can be charged to shoot right away while aiming, the cost is that you can only move at a slow pace, just like aiming with other guns, just adding a bit of charge time reduction to it.

I am no artist, So i dont have many looks, but if people have designs, I'd love to see em around. Put in your feedback, ideas, and comments on this new cannon clase idea, just if you want to be a critic, come with logic and reason, not internet rage and ludicrous ideas/statements, and remember: this is a concept and in its own prototype phase, changes to the idea can come so no need for screaming about how X it is and it should never exist because its X yada-yada.

of course tweaks are probably needed, and the devs can do as they wish to uphold the challenge in the game. (and yes the names are a WIP too)

This is a little off topic but i think this could help some people with making topics

to do this spoiler thing you need to do (<&> mean [&]) <spoiler> text to be hidden </spoiler> around the words/pics/whatever

Edited by some_random_guy_1

These guns seem pretty nice, you've thought about lore, attempted to balance them with a debuff of stamina and run speed.
So essentially these are guns that-
GG? Really? Really?! 
This just in everyone. 
Apparently it's our fault. 
Gamers destroy the present.  
Haha. 

If I get this right, the Corpus one is a laser, the grineer a minigun, and the Tenno is more like an actual cannon, shooting a condensed mass of metal. 
I would reduce the firing speed of the grineer one to 50, it's a little too strong and unwieldly at 60 first of all. And maybe suggest that 
The Corpus one should take over the role of being the actual Cannon. Shooting giant Plasma blasts that leave devastated paths, while the Tenno one becomes more like a massive 50 pellet shotgun. 

These guns seem pretty nice, you've thought about lore, attempted to balance them with a debuff of stamina and run speed.

So essentially these are guns that-

GG? Really? Really?! 

This just in everyone. 

Apparently it's our fault. 

Gamers destroy the present.  

Haha. 

If I get this right, the Corpus one is a laser, the grineer a minigun, and the Tenno is more like an actual cannon, shooting a condensed mass of metal. 

I would reduce the firing speed of the grineer one to 50, it's a little too strong and unwieldly at 60 first of all. And maybe suggest that 

The Corpus one should take over the role of being the actual Cannon. Shooting giant Plasma blasts that leave devastated paths, while the Tenno one becomes more like a massive 50 pellet shotgun. 

Like the idea of a shotgun cannon, of which would be a nice idea, as for the GG, It was supposed to mean Gatling Gun, though I doubt people would get it, still laughed at it though. Also, yes the Corpus is a lazer, grineer is a minigun, and the Tenno is an actual cannon like weapon, I'd like to leave the guns with these roles because, well lets face it, lazer cannons are awesome, and the shotgun idea might be a 4th cannon, possibly for the infested cannon, who knows, as always, open to ideas.

As for the RevX60, I thought of that before hand and that is why I added the inaccuracy, shure you have the firing speed 60, but firing long term results in a huge spread, which is good for a surpressing weapon as this is. I made it to reward burst fire and aiming yet being able to be a crowd control at close range, the LZ rewards long term fire and aiming at the big guys, and the Calibur rewards aiming for specific areas in groups (preferably of infested, hence there being 5x slash damage than any other damage, though 50 is still deadly in many cases) in which the 5 piercing , or up to 10 depending on your mods, can be utilized to the fullest.

I think I'll use this comment as a way to reply to other comments, not all comments will be replied to obviously.

If anyone would like to see a topic on the upgraded jackle mentioned in the LZ1000X lore, or would like to see the RevX60 grineer soldier, OR came from that topic and want a quick way back because for some reason the back button won't work then I have a link for you

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/146506-new-corpus-heavy-jackle-codenamewolf-and-new-grineer-unit/

Also, big thanks to Siubijeni for putting both links in the New Fan Concept Index. I'd put a link but you can look in your local pinned topics in the Fan Concepts forum