Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dec 12/2013 - Ps4! & U11.3(Ugh!)

[DE]Steve

PS4 ZOMG U11!

Alad V's face needs smashing on PS4! A lot of great things rolled out on PS4 today. Tons of great content. Tons of improvements to the camera and input system. If you're a new Warframer on PS4, welcome and thanks for playing - I hope you like the new stuff. I am sorry it got held up so long and we will continue to push for more and faster releases!

11.3 Ugh:

There is so much badass stuff in 11.3 but I wanted to drop in and apologize for the violent changes in 11.3 that we did not communicate ahead of time. That was stupid. We are pretty bullish about change and challenging the status quo but you deserve fair warning and dialogue when big stuff is coming like say... I dunno removing an entire faction (sort of).

Infestation/Outbreaks:

We've got a lot of great/angry/polite feedback on the changes and we're listening and acting on them quickly. We're going to continue to tune the invasions and outbreaks - internally we are sharply divided on the Infestation change - but I hope you can bear with us as we work on improving it. I think the dynamics within the solar chart are refreshing in concept... execution needs work. There are straight up progression bugs and such that are getting fixed immediately.

Damage Resistance OMGWTFBBQ:

The elemental combinations created more damage types which demanded more attention to enemy type differentiation. Enter Excel. Enter Madness.

I am in the process of greatly reducing the complexity of the resistance changes. My plan is to 'increase the good' vs. 'decrease the bad'. For most enemies there will be 3 bonuses and 1 resistance. The resistance amount will be cut by 1/3rd.

Network Bandwidth Optimizations:

Sadly the programmer that checked in network bandwidth reduction (me) didn't call it out in the change notes! Clients are sending half the data they used to. Host outgoing bandwidth has been reduced by 30-40%. These changes help bandwidth and CPU time for hosts.

Presence Issues Last Night:

Should all be resolved. We switched some packet hashing on the presence server which pinned the CPU - this was fixed within the hour.

Warframe Buffs:

Damage resistances/Damage 2.0 screwing up Warframes. We've confiscated the nerf hammer from Scott and replaced it with the Galatine of Buffing. Expect some positive changes to suffering Warframes in the next week.

Cross-play/Rainbow Bridge (sad emoticon):

So this sucks. It's about 95% our fault too. We *still* haven't got the builds synchronized and it won't be happening this month. For those anxious to migrate your accounts, I'm sorry we sucked at this. Much of this is just slashing migration flexibility in order to make launch. The team is looking at possible ways to migrate when the builds are out of sync. I will update when I know more... I know it sounds like hot air, but we all are still committed to getting cross-play working. The agony is staring at certification time and holding back updates on PC.

XP Distribution Changes:

Glen will post separately about this but we're going to be adjusting how 'radial/shared' XP earnings are distributed among your gear (based on use). This, along with the XP boost and Sentinel XP fixes, should mean your advancement is making a lot more sense and hasn't degraded from U10 levels.

Next Week:

The Jungle! A Warframe! We'll be showing off treats on tomorrow's livestream!

Now back to the code/tables for me, while I scratch my pathetic beard regrowth.

Thanks for all of the hard work, and a special thanks for acknowledging that the 11.3 release was rather abrupt and that things are still omgwtfbbq'ing. Fingers crossed for speedy fixes.

Especially when it comes to infested resistances. Why they are suddenly resistant to slash and fire and super weak to toxic/viral is bogglin' my noggin.

Damage Resistance OMGWTFBBQ:
The elemental combinations created more damage types which demanded more attention to enemy type differentiation. Enter Excel. Enter Madness.
I am in the process of greatly reducing the complexity of the resistance changes. My plan is to 'increase the good' vs. 'decrease the bad'. For most enemies there will be 3 bonuses and 1 resistance. The resistance amount will be cut by 1/3rd.

This, I like...

What I've noticed is that the "Stealth" changes are giving your game a bad name.

People aren't seeing them as bugs, but rather betrayal. They see the Mag change as a sneaky, under the table nerf, and even though it wasn't, that's what they think.

Perhaps an "Alert" thread with known issues that affect damage/durability for weapons, frames, and enemies so that players don't lose their cool?

I really do hope resistances and weaknesses are reworked well, I dont want to think for 5 minutes before entering each map. I like build diversity, but the last changes went a bit too steep.

As for warframe balance, really hope its next week, some people have endured too long with Ember, Volt and others being ping ponged by the changes as if they are trapped by a few Ancients, just havin some fun.

Especially when they knock down the frames and dont let them back up (Im lookin at you Ember)

Infestation/Outbreaks:

We've got a lot of great/angry/polite feedback on the changes and we're listening and acting on them quickly. We're going to continue to tune the invasions and outbreaks - internally we are sharply divided on the Infestation change - but I hope you can bear with us as we work on improving it. I think the dynamics within the solar chart are refreshing in concept... execution needs work. There are straight up progression bugs and such that are getting fixed immediately.

What's interesting with the infested invasions is they aren't just standard exterminate missions. They retain the previous level's mission type. I like this. The infested "infest" a level, and you need to keep playing that level until the infested have been eliminated and restored to the previous faction's control. It's dynamic and awesome. The variety of mission types also makes it more enjoyable. 

My one suggestion is this. It is extremely obvious that the level is an invasion from the icon on the planet and the battle pay. So instead of saying "invasion" as the mission type, say the mission type that you will actually be doing, such as defense/survival etc. In fact, I wouldn't even consider it an Invasion mission. The infested had already invaded and taken over. If anything it should be called a "Purge" mission. It would be helpful to see the actual mission type for each infested level from the star chart.