Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Silentio Stellatum: A Warframe Fanfiction

Crimson_Thomas

Hello everyone. Crimson_Thomas here.

As stated in my introductory post, I am a huge fan of writing sci-fi stories and fanfictions, and I finally decided to take a stab (tee-hee) at writing one for Warframe. Any amount of feedback would be greatly appreciated. I would love to do anything I can do become a better writer and make this story a better adventure for all of you.

Silentio Stellatum is Latin for "Silence of Stars." This seemed fitting for the Tenno's silence, but also just for the sense of vast mystery that Warframe brings about so well. I had used this as a title for a sci-fi RP on the Dead Frontier forums, if there is anyone out there who might know me from that community.

Sit back, relax, and please enjoy Silentio Stellatum.

*** Silentio Stellatum ***

Prologue: Ash from Ashes

I gasp. It was cold. I was cold. I was alone. All I could do was breathe.

I didn't wish to be here. I wished to feel warmer places, I wished to see familiar faces. I can recall them no longer. I couldn't remember a thing. It hurt to much to utter a single word. A flash! Voices! They were gone. Who was gone? I lay still, my busy mind trying to make sense of the box around me. I blinked ceaselessly, trying to free my eyes from a painting murky shadows and color and fear, clouded by tears or by sleep, I am not sure. I do my best not to weep.

"Tenno. I need you to wake up." The voice startled me.

Everything was stiff. Any movement that my body tried to permit itself was punished with fierce, spastic agony. I didn't have the words to speak. Weakly, I placed my hand on the cool glass in front of me. The voice called out again, more softly this time.

"Don't be afraid, Tenno. I am here to help you. You have been asleep for a very long time. I'm going to open your cryogenic capsule. Please. Remain. Calm."

Questions flooded my mind. Where was I? Who was that speaking to me? How did I get here? How long have I been asleep? What happened to me?

The frosty glass in front of me lifted away, I fell from the capsule to my knees. Tears flooding my vision as I viewed the void before me. There were planets and starships floating in the horizon. The gleaming light of a star flashing between the vessels and water.

"This is not your time anymore,Tenno. Everything you knew before is not what it is now." She told me. It was the first time things started to come together.

Another flash. Another voice. Smoke. Mist. My arm. An Ash from ashes.

I gasp. It was cold. I was cold. I was alone. All I could do was breathe.

Edited by Crimson_Thomas

• 1 year later...