Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Give Russian Players Their Own Server

RAZORLIGHT

*facepalm* It happens again.

What can i say? I'm sorry for my country. But you should know that a lot of russian players would like a different server for all those schoolkids as well. It doesn't make it easier to play with them if you can understand (sometimes) what they are talking about. Believe me, you are sort of blessed if you don't.

Edited by SpFinX

A personal blacklist as a solution? Like "You cannot join a game with this person present in it, and he/she cannot join any game, where you play as well".

I dont mind. Really i dont mind . There are some players i never wish to see ever again. I wouldnt join the same mission even if that mission were to give me a trillion platinum. Not just russian players i dont hate anyone. I hate Stupid people.

You're allowed to report AFKers for "exploiting".

AFKers are going to get what they deserve - no rewards at all. That was clearly stated not so far ago. But you see, it's quite easy to trick afk detector. We Russians are quite crafty, and, unfortunaly, such tricks are used even by stupid players, since they are "common knowledge". Need example? "Seninel AFK farm" is still a viable source of resources, although i consider it... dirty. It's turning WF into Farmiville.

The only solution i see is a team kick vote. It's not needed to create a more intelligent "afk detector" if you can let players detect and kick them out manually.

Edited by SpFinX

Its simple distances, would a US east coast player join a west coast player if they host, when USA has reasonable network, probably not.  So why should I suffer a Russian host because DE hasn't added a region for them, where they don't have a good network.

USA is split into two regions, yet they put the whole of Europe and Russia in one.  As it is Europe needs split into two regions[west/East] and more so for Russia which is bigger than USA /Canada/South America combined

Its simple distances, would a US east coast player join a west coast player if they host, when USA has reasonable network, probably not.  So why should I suffer a Russian host because DE hasn't added a region for them, where they don't have a good network.

USA is split into two regions, yet they put the whole of Europe and Russia in one.  As it is Europe needs split into two regions[west/East] and more so for Russia which is bigger than USA /Canada/South America combined

Technically Russia is in Europe. So trying to split them into another server is like "screw you nobody likes you go away".

A lot of game does this but its kinda harsh. DE is not like them

Edited by Shin

i've actually had very reasonable experiences connecting to west coast hosts. (east coast here)

it depends on your ISP's routes. 

either way, i'd prefer a blacklist so i can guarantee i won't be connected to "JackAss004" or whatever again.

(my apologies to anybody named that, it was used as an example and i wasn't singling out anybody)

i'm not against a group of people, i'm against ever having to deal with a specific moron after having been exposed to him once before.

i think that's fair.

Technically Russia is in Europe. So trying to split them into another server is kinda harsh.

technically western america is still america. why split the US by that logic?

it's done for technical reasons. the same ones that are being brought up about the proposed split between russia and western europe.

Technically Russia is in Europe. So trying to split them into another server is kinda harsh.

in 1998 it has been asia:)

point is connection quality more depends on isp's routes.

russian, malaysia, china, usa, canada - matters not. it is all about quality of your isp.

and about afk players. and quality of players - let just not go there.

Edited by Althix

in 1998 it has been asia:)

point is connection quality more depends on isp's routes.

russian, malaysia, china, usa, canada - matters not. it is all about quality of your isp.

and about afk players. and quality of players - let just not go there.

True. But trying to split them from us wont work i think, unless its forcefully splits them into another server kinda thing. 

The guy above me mosted dota2's server thingamagica. It doesnt work. It Does Not Work. 

Either DE has to do it forcefuly which i believe they dont, or make it like dota2 just to make people even mad. Because hey. No russian uses russia server.

technically western america is still america. why split the US by that logic?

it's done for technical reasons. the same ones that are being brought up about the proposed split between russia and western europe.

That too.

Edited by Shin

AFKers are going to get what they deserve - no rewards at all. That was clearly stated not so far ago. But you see, it's quite easy to trick afk detector. We Russians are quite crafty, and, unfortunaly, such tricks are used even by stupid players, since they are "common knowledge". Need example? "Seninel AFK farm" is still a viable source of resources, although i consider it... dirty. It's turning WF into Farmiville.

The only solution i see is a team kick vote. It's not needed to create a more intelligent "afk detector" if you can let players detect and kick them out manually.

A team kick vote would be a horrible solution I'd think, to that problem. People would abuse it to get rid of players "just because", in missions.

It's easy to get around how you can actually report them for exploiting, anyway. Not gonna state it here so people don't see how though.

I just hope DE doesn't implement a system where "you have to kill X amount of enemies/have to complete your personal objective to get rewards" kind of thing. Say you get the one where you have to kill 30 enemies; you can't do that easily in Exterminate missions.

A team kick vote would be a horrible solution I'd think, to that problem. People would abuse it to get rid of players "just because", in missions.

It's easy to get around how you can actually report them for exploiting, anyway. Not gonna state it here so people don't see how though.

I just hope DE doesn't implement a system where "you have to kill X amount of enemies/have to complete your personal objective to get rewards" kind of thing. Say you get the one where you have to kill 30 enemies; you can't do that easily in Exterminate missions.

Blacklist is the solution. Once you play with the ones that you hate. Add them into your blacklist never to see them ever again. Steve talked about some Synergy thingy but we've yet to see it and tbh i dont think that'll work against toxic players.

It can make the game more enjoyable with the players that actually does their job and keep a good profile but nah man it wont work against stupid people.

wow nobody cares

No body cares about "This person doesn't speak my language, how rude"?

You don't care about a person getting annoyed and suggesting separation from the other players because "They don't speak my language"?

You're good sir.

You're good.

Edited by FillyRarity

Easy way if you want to make them rage alot and maybe even rage quit say the following :

"Sorry ,I don't understand Grineer" <- You will get reaction 100% of time you can get : even more russian insult that you won't be able to read 

or if you hear hear russian insult with VO-IP but most of time , rage quit