Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eh...oberon...

Johto

He suffers from the syndrome that almost all "Paladin" classes have ever suffered in the videogame universe post-Warcraft:

He heals, but not as good as a healer.  He does damage, but not as good as the damage dealers.

Only one game ever got the Paladin class right.  Dungeons and Dragons.

As both a D&D player and WoW player, I have to agree.

I'd much rather Reckoning strike enemies with a blast from above, to set him apart from mag... kind of like a Fist of an Angry god or whatnot.

I like the mechanic for his heal.. and I like the fact that its not instintainious... that would take away from Trinity. Still, make the ability fly faster

Thoughts on Oberon!?

The thrid of three rushed and poorly built warframes from DE.

Nekros, Valkyr and now Oberon, they look great but their not setting the bar for the future of frames in the game. 

Edited by Bazools

Smite:  Yes, I think it needs to at least seek other enemies more reliably

Hallowed Grounds:  If not a direct damage boost I would like to see a secondary effect happen to mobs that get caught in in.  Slowed, weakened, confused, or anything else really.  He doesn't need to do huge damage like Ember's fireblast, so instead it should have a debuff on the enemy.

Renewal:  I think having Healing Over Time really differentiates it from Trinity's blessing.  Since it has travel time and a fix cost as oppose to blessings full heal from anywhere in the map along with invulnerability, Renewal should have a longer duration and a far greater amount of healing over time.  I'm actually thinking at least 2k over 20 seconds or something and faster travel time, since teammates can run completely out of range.

Edited by Rankless

Renewal: skill is worthless right now, it never actually catches up with anyone.

Smite: I can't get it to work, standing next to enemies beating on me, I get invalid target every time.

Hallowed Ground: it's, well, I dunno. It doesn't seem to do much really.

Reckoning: it's crush, with all the same problems crush has.

Overall, they actually managed a more pointless frame than Valkyr, although like Valkyr, the look is amazing.

Pretty accurate.

I think it's about time DE consider % based damage in all damage abilities alongside additional generic additive. The &!$$-poor damage of most abilities late game and awful scaling has been going on for so long. 

But more on topic, this frame in particular could do with have a slowing affect on hallowed ground, that gets stronger the longer an enemy remains on it (up to a point).
Better tracking on smite and projectiles could split more and more like the original 'explosion' each with good stagger.

Renewal's sprites should travel faster and maybe be % based, rather than flat number.

Reckoning, ...scaling, better scaling, simple.

Edited by MrNonApplicable

The problem with the frame is, as stated a lot before, scaling. Sure, the abilities perform their duties to a degree, but that degree is low... very low. If I want support I'll take a trinity. If I want a health orb generator I can take a Nekros. If I want a damage dealer, I can take almost any frame made pre-u10 and it will out class this frame. It does not fit a paladins iconic image, I feel its more of a crappy reskin of mag, ember and trinity combined. Not ONE of his abilities makes me think of paladins, except hallowed ground just because of its name. It was rushed, and heavily at that. Only a month since valkyr... we did NOT need this frame this soon. DE PLEASE take your time with this stuff!! Putting out new content is great and we love ya for it, but putting out rushed, boring (event) content is just silly.

Bottom line for me: I rushed this frame because I was excited, as I am a paladin player. I didn't watch the preview video because I like surprises, but I really wasted my 70 plat here, for the rush and reactor.    2/10 would not take to t3 defense.

Edited by Black-Nasty

So, Can renewel revive fallen teammates along with the Heal Over Time?

If not, just why?  I find that would make Oberon look less like a diluted trinity

I don't know if this is a glitch or not, but when I cast it on myself and commit suicide, I got right back up. Doesn't work on someone already downed, though. More testing needed.

Edit: Only works when you're not a host, you sometimes are alive crawling, or back on your feet. Suicide shots from explosives usually has you crawling. Only works when you have health lost to regain. This is probably a glitch, but I personally want it as a feature XD

Edited by EvanTheNewbie

So, Can renewel revive fallen teammates along with the Heal Over Time?

If not, just why?  I find that would make Oberon look less like a diluted trinity

thats actually not a bad idea, but that would also negate trinity, unless you were to take off the heal over time and make it a fixed amount of health and the ability to revive from a distance, then i would be less like trinity

dont forget to find a friendly dev and Message them a merry christmas!

He suffers from the syndrome that almost all "Paladin" classes have ever suffered in the videogame universe post-Warcraft:

He heals, but not as good as a healer.  He does damage, but not as good as the damage dealers.

Give this man a beer.

The only Paladin classes that deal a ton of damage are those in Diablo 2 v1.13c....

At the very least make Hallow ground a powerful CC tool.

Like an aoe effect around Oberon that deals damage constantly.

However enemies within the AOE are slowed and are slowed for another 3 seconds upon leaving the radius.

Bottom line for me: I rushed this frame because I was excited, as I am a paladin player. I didn't watch the preview video because I like surprises, but I really wasted my 70 plat here, for the rush and reactor.  

I thought we had been through with this before with Nekros. What is viewed as a Necromancer in one form of media can possibly be different in comparison to another type of Necromancer in another form of media. The same applies to a Paladin. Every media will have their own way of conveying what the "Paladin" or "Necromancer" will be like in their universe. 

Here is my suggestion for his abilities:

1) Smite - Similar to what OP and other forum threads are saying, make the ability have 100% status proc chance on the initial target, make the missiles homing and has a 20%-50%? chance to proc status.

2) Harrowed grounds - I feel that this ability should work more towards buffing the team and cc rather than damaging. Maybe change it into the circular ground effect around Oberon just like ember's fire blast, allies including himself when standing on it will give a positive buff (Health and shield regen?, Increased Health?, Increased armour?) And when enemies enter this ground, they will get 'purified' (Decreased health?, slow?, increase damage dealt to them?).

3) Renewal - This skill is the most useful out of all his abilities at the moment, but even so it is lacking. (the revive downed allies part better not be a bug, even if so just please keep it as it is) Just increase the travelling speed of the orb and the rate of regeneration.

4) Reckoning - Just an improved crush. Not really sure how it could be improved at the moment.

I feel that his 2nd ability, harrowed grounds has the most potential for improvement. Please give him the team buff/survival aoe skill which a paladin/druid should have instead of a arguably weaker ice wave (Ice wave at least slows the enemies).

I built him.

Underwhelmed.

Smite: Poor damage, not sure the point of this ability? Like an AOE Soul Crush?

Hallowed Ground: Wow that damage is so low, this move could be so much more

Renewal: This move got me really excited, then I was going to do some survival and joined up with 2 rhinos with perma iron skin and a trinity.... also the orbs are so sloooooooooow

Reckoning: Cool ability, the damage does seem poor and I wish it had a better animation

I disagree, palis in D&D had some issues, Lawful Good screws you over big time, 1 point into any other alignment is crippiling, plus they got kinda screwed over by the clerics that could use every ability that they could, But Better. So this makes him just like D&D, he got outclassed by more than just a cleric though.

Edited by Meteros

I like Obi-ron Kenobi. A lot. He looks AWESOME (for me at least). But let's face it, the fairy king is the new embodiment of the huge damage scaling issues that plague Warframe. Past level 20, his 2 first skills are useless, and his ult is not far behind.

1. Smite : great idea, it really is, but the damage... so low... and the homing projectiles... slow, not so "homing", no damage worth mentioning... too bad, great CC potential here.

2. Hallowed grounds :  Same thing, great concept, poor results. So much potential for debuffs and buffs, HoT or damage buffs for allies, vulnerability or slows/roots for enemies, etc. and maybe make it wider when combined with Stretch, not just longer.

3. Renewal : copy/paste from the 2 previous ( I feel like a parrot ), great concept, the healing is not bad, and that revive thing? If it is intended, great, if not, well it would be great, it's the one thing that just might help a bit Obi's cause when compared to Trinity. Oh and the fact that it abruptly ends when reaching full health? not a fan. As for the healing projectiles... Really? REALLY? They can't keep up with the rest of the team! We have to "wait" for them to catch up...

4. Reckoning : good idea, chance to make enemies pop health orbs on death, not bad for quick CC  on heavies. But same problem, DAMAGE SCALING. Past level 30, you only kill infested with this, and even that has a limit. This kinda defeats the purpose of having health orbs pop when the ability kills enemies. Just saying.

In short, GREAT concept, rushed execution. Take your time DE. No rush. We don't need a new frame every month. Just fixing the damage scaling issue of abilities would really make your job easier, and by ricochet effect, our experience, less complaining, more praise! Happiness for everyone! Keep up the good work, Merry Christmas and a happy new year.

Edited by Marthrym

I do enjoy this frame, but I agree with everyone about the tweaks that need to be made.

Smite - scaling and actual homing- It's a fun skill just needs something done with mechanics.

Harrowed Grounds - CC or Aura buff take your pick DE-  I would prefer an Aura buff effect- Not exactly what I had expected the movement of enemies and players render this skill slightly useless. In choke points it isn't bad, however, it's more or less an annoyance for enemies

Renewal- Needs speed for sure- I genuinely like this skill, and as for others who feel a buff would make Trinity pointless, I disagree. Why should there be only one effective healing frame? 

Reckoning - scaling - Crush anyone? If it actually killed enemies at higher levels and produced an orb every time this would help complete the frames role of support healing IMO

I may wait for the tweaking before I forma the frame. I think everyone's suggestions are legit and wouldn't OP the frame. 

• 1 month later...

Hallowed Ground: Definitely needs to confuse or slow targets and even heal allies standing in it for the amount healed by Renewal

Reckoning: Needs to force out health orbs regardless of enemies dieing

Renewal: Needs a buff in the amount healed, or at least travel time increase if nothing else

Paladins should have a bit of damage, healing and defensive abilities. I do not know what this ability could replace but hopefully DE will make multiple abilities for frames that will be interchangeable in the future. If they do I'd like to see this added in! 

New Ability:

Testudo:

Description: "Places a radioactive bubble around allies protecting them from incoming damage."

Radius: 20ft. (complements with Renewal orbs)

Duration: Min. 30sec/max. 1min

Fact: Damage is prevented AFTER shields have dropped (spamming this ability will be worthless unless people are taking damage)

Ranking: R1-100 dmg. absorb/r2- 200/etc.-etc.(max 500) 

• 3 months later...

In my opinion they should change the name. I mean, sure, Oberon, sounds cool and all, until you realize it's the name for the KIng of fairies in Midsum Night's Dream. I mean, when did Shakespeare ever get into third-person-shooters?

(I got oberon systems blueprint from Vor- is that meant to happen?_