Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer Jungle Explorafun: Feedback, Suggestion, Glitch Report

Kinperor

Hey there. With this new tileset comes a new Explorafun thread (you can find the other ones in my profile if you're curious). Reminder, TBF means "To be fixed" and TBC means "To be considered". 

General Feedback: I'm really liking this one, great job. I like how badly the Grineer are unable to settle there because of the jungle.

I don't have much to say, really, beyond that I like it. The new assets are great, the levels are interesting to move through, I could notice a couple of  secret-ish rooms already. 

Excuse me if I don't linger too much on general stuff, I have a lot of pictures today and I want to have time to do other stuff, so let's go right ahead. 

#1 TBF: Odd light.

1387473821-light-glitch-odd-light-grinee

Speaks for itself.

#2 TBF: Weird demarcation

1387473816-light-glitch-weird-demarcatio

Speaks for itself.

#3 TBF: Clipping container.

1387473816-props-glitch-clipping-contain

Speaks for itself.

#4 TBF: Vault clipping.

1387473820-props-glitch-collision-box-gr

When vaulting from the inside of the curve toward the outside of this object, I clip with the upper part.

#5 TBF: Un-optimized collision box.

1387473816-props-glitch-collision-box-1-

Speaks for itself.

#6 TBF: Un-optimized collision box 1. - FIXED

#7 TBF: Un-optimized collision box 2. - FIXED 

#8 TBF: Floating fruit. - FIXED

#9 TBF: Straight mesh cut. - Fixed

#10 TBF: Weird thing clipping. - FIXED

The following reports are all the same problem at different location, hence the acronym.

#11 TBF: Terrain collision issue (TCI). - FIXED

#12 TBF: TCI 1. - Fixed 

#13 TBF: TCI 2. - Fixed

#14 TBF: TCI 3. - Fixed 

#15 TBF: TCI 4. - FIXED

#16 TBF: TCI 5. - Fixed

#17 TBF: TCI 6. - FIXED

#18 TBF: TCI 7. - FIXED

#19 TBF: TCI 8. - Fixed 

#20 TBF: TCI 9. - Fixed 

No more TCI.

#21 TBF: Hole in the world. - Fixed

#22 TBF: Wall seam. - FIXED

That's it for now. 

I don't mean to bash on the art team for the collision issues, but I am having PTSD flashbacks whenever my ankles goes below the level of the floor now. 

Can't wait to see the rest of the tile! 

Edited by Kinperor

Great, thanks for letting me know. I cleaned up already the ones you mentioned. Were the other ones skipped due to time constraint or you couldn't replicate? At any rate, I'm about to add a couple more in the plate. 

May I add that I think the most fun I had so far was fighting in this tileset. Running around predator-mode is great, and all-out assaults also felt good, with all the cover in form of rocks and rusted Grineer stuff. All-out assaults also felt good because the maps feels, in general, just the right size: enough room to show off some ninja moves, yet not too large. I wish I had a screenie of the one I preferred so far, but I didn't think to grab one. 

Another thing that felt good to me was how the defense tile (with the Cicero injector) felt good to fight in, even without a Frost. I don't know if I tried them all already, but I'll see eventually. 

Anyway, that was a slew of additional feedback for you guys.

Kudos to your work, buddy.

Thanks for the kind words.

Another (smaller) batch:

#22 TBF: Invisible roof hole. - FIXED

#23 TBF: Odd light. - FIXED

#24 TBF: Odd light.

1387490638-light-glitch-weird-demarcatio

Speaks for itself. It appears to my un-trained eye that it's related to #2 up there.

#25 TBF: Creepy shadow.

1387490637-light-glitch-weird-light-grin

Speaks for itself.

#26 TBF: Clipping vine. - FIXED

#27 TBF: Collision less vines. - FIXED

#28 TBF: Collision issue with terrain. - FIXED

#29 TBF: Collision issue with terrain (definite one!).

1387490648-terrain-glitch-collision-issu

Speaks for itself.

#30 TBF: Minor flickering/seam in texture. - FIXED

That's all for now. 

Edited by Kinperor

• 1 month later...

Counting Victor's as #31:

#32 TBF: Light settings in night time.

1392590436-light-glitch-daylight-nightti

The tower itself isn't properly lit, the two consoles aren't either, and off-frame to the right of the picture, a large door where Grineer spawns in quantity has it's frame that isn't lit properly.

#33 TBF: Light settings in night time.

1392590436-light-glitch-daylight-nightti

Speaks for itself.

#34 TBF: Texture clipping.

1392590437-terrain-glitch-texture-clippi

As you can see in the red square, there's an odd spot of rock unrelated to the surrounding rock walls. I think either retouching the lighting or removing the odd spot is in order.

That's all for now. 

It looks nice and nothing really stood out as visual bugs to me (I didnt go hunting for them), but Earth maps are the slowest performance-wise  of all, most likely due to their size and lack of vis blocking. Even running at medium setting with all effects and post-process off, getting 50-60 fps everywhere and often below 30 in Earth levles :(

# 8 Fixed

#10 Can't repro, might be fixed already.

#22 Hopefully it's fixed now, I'm not sure what he was able to target.

#23 Fixed (It was actually the end of a root sticking through, from the tile next door)

#26 Fixed

#27 Fixed/Adjusted

#28 I was able to completely dissapear in the root showed in that shot, I fixed that.

I'm a Layout Artist myself; I decorate the environment. So whenever I have time to spare, I tend to go for what ever I can fix without having to go though other departments. Missalligned/clipping/floating props, holes in the world, getting stuck.. That kind of thing.

Specific Prop-related issues (their collision for example) are a different and more sensitive item, since they're being re-used all over the tileset, or more. So we need to play this through official channels, meaning it takes longer before it's fixed, if at all. Same goes for certain lighting issues.

Sweet Jeebus dude, the amount of work you put into finding these is outstanding. Seriously, Kinperor, nice job, props to you for doing the dirty work. You've gone above and beyond in getting yourself involved in the improvements to the game.

Also, Props to Ethyr and mGladney for taking the time to get back to the OP and the rest of the community, keeping us up to date and letting us know you care.

Really, guys, the community NEEDS that kind of recognition and feed back. Everytime ANYONE from the DE staff posts ANYTHING on these forums, it boosts the confidence of the warframe community, both in the dev teams and in the work and feedback they themselves have submitted. Being recognized for that work is ABSOLUTELY CRUCIAL, in order for that kind of feedback to keep flowing for continuous improvements. It's not one sided either! The community WILL take notice and thank you for it!

Seriously, well done, all of you.

Edited by TonyFoot

Good gravy, how do you find all of this?? Major props to you for the work you do, things like these I just ignore, but you really go out of your way to find these things! Awesome job!

I use my eye holes to spot them. These maps are my/our playground, if no one collect the trash, the trash stays in the playground. That's why I bother, anyway. And really, I'm not doing the heavy lifting part of improving the maps based on thread like this.

Sweet Jeebus dude, the amount of work you put into finding these is outstanding. Seriously, Kinperor, nice job, props to you for doing the dirty work. You've gone above and beyond in getting yourself involved in the improvements to the game, and .

Also, Props to Ethyr and mGladney for taking the time to get back to the OP and the rest of the community, keeping us up to date and letting us know you care.

Really, guys, the community NEEDS that kind of recognition and feed back. Everytime ANYONE from the DE staff posts ANYTHING on these forums, it boosts the confidence of the warframe community, both in the dev teams and in the work and feedback they themselves have submitted. Being recognized for that work is ABSOLUTELY CRUCIAL, in order for that kind of feedback to keep flowing for continuous improvements. It's not one sided either! The community WILL take notice and thank you for it!

Seriously, well done, all of you.

Quite the passion, there. Thanks I guess.

I see. I prefer the imagery of smashing bugs myself, but that works.

I really thought at first that you mispelled 'Orokin', hence the confusion.

It seems some meshes got their collisions adjusted by the modeling department. And I was able to find some more or your reports. Keep eye out for it in the next update!

# 5 Fixed

# 6 Fixed

# 7 Fixed

# 11 Fixed

# 15 Can't repro, might be fixed

# 17 Fixed

# 18 Fixed

# 22 Fixed

# 30 Fixed

Removed these from the list.

I find it somewhat funny, now everyone will walk in seeing a long list with gibberish pseudo-bureaucracy and no pictures, and they'll be confused as **** because they have no idea what warranted dev posts or that much upvotes. Heh. Hehe. 

255t1yr.jpg

I would like to add this to the list.

This occured on Lua, a roller (possibly spawned by a Seeker), somehow managed to get stuck inside the floor. None of us knew how it happened. None of us were using any frames with "BOOM PEW PEW" powers.

Please fix this, and not just on the Jungle tileset, but for future and older tilesets as well. :C

I would like to add this to the list.

This occured on Lua, a roller (possibly spawned by a Seeker), somehow managed to get stuck inside the floor. None of us knew how it happened. None of us were using any frames with "BOOM PEW PEW" powers.

Please fix this, and not just on the Jungle tileset, but for future and older tilesets as well. :C

Sometimes a slam attack (jump + melee) will AoE enough to kill things like that. Not sure if that would help in this particular situation, but has helped me and my friends a few times in the past with similar things if you can't complete the mission until it's dead.    :)

Edited by Fayde8

I made a video report showing a few bugs during the Cicero event but never got any response. I have no clue if they have been fixed. I will go over them at some point and see if they have. If not, I will see if it is fit to put it here as well. (This is the feedback section, not bug report, so I am not sure if I should)