Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bind Your Account To The Steam?

StanicEnemy

Question

21 answers to this question

Thanks guys for the answers and as you said "it keeps spamming you with the question" 

I'm guessing doing this allows you to use your Steam Wallet to purchase platinum. That's the only implication I get out of "Steam Economy."

but if I press yes then i wont be able to buy plat from website?

Warframe is taking part in the Steam Winter Sale rewards.  As a part of these rewards, there are six cosmetic Warframe items you can collect by crafting snow globes.  You can find more information here about the promotion: http://store.steampowered.com/promotion/snowglobefaq

Since these rewards are tradable and marketable in the Steam Economy, there needs to be a link made between your Steam Account and your Warframe Account.  You may only have one Warframe Account linked to your Steam account for purposes of trading and marketing Steam Economy items.  By answering yes to this question, it allows you to access your Steam Inventory Warframe items in Warframe with the specific account you have linked.

Warframe is taking part in the Steam Winter Sale rewards.  As a part of these rewards, there are six cosmetic Warframe items you can collect by crafting snow globes.  You can find more information here about the promotion: http://store.steampowered.com/promotion/snowglobefaq

Since these rewards are tradable and marketable in the Steam Economy, there needs to be a link made between your Steam Account and your Warframe Account.  You may only have one Warframe Account linked to your Steam account for purposes of trading and marketing Steam Economy items.  By answering yes to this question, it allows you to access your Steam Inventory Warframe items in Warframe with the specific account you have linked.

Okay this helped out lots :D Tyvm.

Thank you Megan.

But I have a question I will be able to buy platnium from warframe web site right? and if I press yes wont i be able to login into my account without using steam?

And those of us who dislike Steam and choose not to use it? ._.

Basically, if I want these items, not only do I have to use Steam, I have to link it to my account and be permanently stuck with it when I want to play Warframe?

Edited by CenturyNitro

Thanks for clearing it up.

Just one more thing, can those items be brought to the game? or are they just shiny objects to keep in our steam inventory?

I missed the part where it said "in-game". So nevermind.

Edited by Vitalidad

It should be illegal to pester users so aggressively.
I hated when Youtube did it with Google+, I hate that DE is doing it now.

Okay, I get that you're just trying to help me take advantage of the winter sale, but if you give me the option to say no, I should only have to say it once.
If I change my mind, make a second pop-up saying how to do it manually. I know you're capable of two pop-ups because of the marketplace thanking users for their purchase.

If this is an inevitability, don't give a yes or no option. Just say "to proceed you must link your Steam account with your warframe account" like you do with patch updates.

"i never got the pop up question either. how can i bind my account with steam maunally?"

i purged steam and re-installed everything. after that i was able to bind my account.

new question though: when i compare my achievements (challenges) i see that have completed many challences in warframe but they does not show up on steam.

any ideas?

Edited by darq