Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Love Warframe But...

Mordavia1982

I had plans to buy Prime Access as a Christmas Gift to myself, but with my favorite game mode almost being extinct I struggle to see the value in it and justify the cost... I honestly don't need the Platinum... it's the exclusives that tempted me... taking a short cut to get farm-able items would ruin the satisfaction of achievement (i did some in the past and I kind of regret it) and thus I got nothing to spend it on.

Yeah you guessed it, Infested Survival/Defense...

Yes I can go ODS/ODD, it's just doesn't feel the same.

And the Infested Invasion Survival/Defense missions are such a teaser...

Playing the mission is alright and even fun, but because of it's popularity it does not take long before the Invasion gets eradicated and the planet is back in Corpus/Grineer hands...

So why else should I spend $140 on this game? To support the it? I already supported the game by buying Founder's Access and the occasional Platinum Purchases when I get a discount purchase reward from logging in. (I only spend Platinum on things I cannot farm now, like slots, colors, skins that are not possible to get from alert)

I've stuck with the game through the changes, I haven't given up... yet... but I'm having trouble to justify the purchase of Prime Access... which is mostly for Misa Syandana to be honest. I'm a OCD Collector...

Is there any word? Will Infested get some planets back as Survival / Defense missions once this atrocious Invasion event is over? or are the Corpus and Grineer Domination here to stay...

What keeps you playing? Please share a few reason below...

I'm almost Rank 14, Got all weapons (except Glaive Prime and Event Only Limited Weapons, DAMN YOU BRAKK-that-can-5-shot-a-level-620-mob-even-after-nerf) & Infested Whip (think Clan Leader stopped playing), All Warframes except Ember Prime... so there's little left for me to achieve in this game.

I am almost afraid of completing the last remaining objectives in this game... as then I would truly not have much left to do.

(Yes, buying Prime Access would not exactly help... but It would give me Misa Syandana ^_^)

Edited by Mordavia1982

I didn't buy this for an MMO, I bought it for an action game. I don't need anything to 'keep me playing' except new guns and new tilesets. The act of running around flipping off walls and headshotting Grineer is FUN and I love the repetition of the rank mechanic. I went grand master, prime access, and I'll be throwing money at them for a long time going forward as long as I can log on and do that.

Getting a little worried right now because the game is still feeling really one dimensional. Everything is me shooting at enemies. Block does nothing but mitigate a little damage, and the block key is currently the whole entire list of counter abilities, except popping something like Radial Blind at the last second to save you from a knockdown, but that's a crutch replacement for block which costs power.

I want to see block stop knockdowns and power drains (I'm pretty sure it used to), I want to see more abilities like Nyx's Absorb that have conditions based on what enemies are doing. I want to see large slow projectiles I can shoot down. I want to see bosses with big attacks I can counter by shooting them at the right time. More abilities like Nova's antimatter drop where I can interact with them... etc etc etc

Push is good. We need more pull.

My 2¢.

Edited by VKhaun

VKhaun: some good points... and I like your thoughts and ideas on the abilities... wish DE would see it in the same light as well..

Wish block did more... or having counter moves that require timing, although that would be bit harsh in laggy games.
Some people are shocked to discover this game actually has a block function, and yes it did used to stop power drains, it doesn't anymore? haven't tested.

Thanks for the feedback...

Edited by Mordavia1982

Here's some I would like to see:

Sentinel Weapon using:
Sniper Sentinel/Weapon
Secondary Weapons (Pistol, Kunai)
Melee Sentinel/Weapon

Universal Polarity Aura Mods simply called Aura Polarity.

Example, My Rhino (Forma x 5)
Config A) Rifle Amp, Heavy Damage Dealer
Config B) Energy Siphon, Huge Range, Low cost AOE Stomp for Support
Config C) Enemy Radar for Specialized Mission, Exterminate or Alerts

Giving the Druid... I mean Paladin a V Aura Polarity? Really? When almost all his abilities are energy based.
Same with Ember... (WTF were you thinking...)

Now I'm currently at Config A, but I would like to be able to do B or C without having to put in more forma... or reformaing...

or maybe that's what DE wants to sell more forma... but I got tons of forma blueprints from OD...

Edited by Mordavia1982

I'm almost Rank 14, Got all weapons (except Glaive Prime and Event Only Limited Weapons, DAMN YOU BRAKK-that-can-5-shot-a-level-620-mob-even-after-nerf) & Infested Whip (think Clan Leader stopped playing), All Warframes except Ember Prime... so there's little left for me to achieve in this game.

Yeah right.

Get every gear to 30, first of all.

Get every mod, max every mod.

Forma all frames or their prime variants until you can use all mod slots with maxed mods.

Do the same for all weapons which you like a lot or are "good"

And sentinels and their weapons.

Fill out your codex.

I've personally got a few codex entries left which I'm too lazy to do, and I have every mod but I need to max them all, all equipment in the game is maxed except for the 11.5 stuff, some frames I still need to forma up, but my Rhino, Ash, Loki, Nova, Trinity, Nekros, and Vauban done. Working on Mag. I'll probably take a break once I max my gear but the persistent goal of maxing every mod remains... at the rate things are added, I don't know if I can ever really "finish."

100% of gear I have is 30 or higher (forma'ed)
Got all mods that are still possible  (no Primed Chamber), and most of them maxed... (a few of the really expensive ones left)
Is Primed Chamber trade-able? Might offer a few thousand plats for it if I do buy the Prime Access Pack. (no definite word of it coming again in the future)

Forma'ed most of the frames I find interesting to play.
Interesting Weapons? Done... 3-6 Forma.
Don't see a point of maxing forma on uninteresting weapons I don't use... No I won't 8 Forma a Lato.

Sentinel's lvl 30, Weapons? About 4 Forma each on Sweeper and Dethmachine Rifle
Codex? Don't care, doesn't give me a benefit... If I want to know where a mod drops, I can go check wikia.
Faster for me to search on wikia than actually using the codex.

My OCD hits it's limit on beneficial achieving completions.

And putting much work into maxing mods and weapons kind of takes the &!$$ with DE changing damage calculations all the time.
Thanks DE for the polarity order mess when it comes to combos... any news on reordering polarity without resetting level of the weapons?
No? Guess not...

Edited by Mordavia1982

This is not meant as a "Brag/Proof of no-life" post...

Started to play 28th of October 2013 (when I joined the forums)

Warframe states: Time Played: 459:38:27
Steam Reports: You've played 981 hours

Not sure how that works out... well, guess I did idle a lot in trade...

Just finished all planet missions (I have been lazy clearing all planets)

Hunter [13]

Mastery 485,203
Next Rank (Silver Hunter) in 4797

Wonder if it's not possible for me to hit rank 14 without the old no longer acquirable event restricted weapons -_-

edit: just noticed I missed maxing heat sword, kama, dual kama and ether reaper... crossing fingers they will bring me to rank 14.

Edited by Mordavia1982