Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About Mouse Macro

.Talia.

Hello,

I recently got a Razer mouse that comes with the Razer Synapse software for controlling macro functions, so i need to know if i am safe before i use. Let's not make a case out of this, don't judge me for asking, i don't wanna know your opinion about players that use macro. Its not like its a hack or something like that.

I wanna know the official house rule, are players allowed to use mouse macros in Warframe, or this could result in the account being banned?

razer synapse doesnt have any problems with warframe and their anti-cheat detection

and technically, the game cant even detect you using macros, it responses to each key command instead, so the game has no way to know if you're using macros or not. in other words, it's safe.

razer synapse doesnt have any problems with warframe and their anti-cheat detection

and technically, the game cant even detect you using macros, it responses to each key command instead, so the game has no way to know if you're using macros or not. in other words, it's safe.

"You can get away with it" and "It isn't against the rules" are two completely different things..

"You can get away with it" and "It isn't against the rules" are two completely different things..

DE_steve in a very early livestream (4 or 5 or somwhere around there) said it's ok to use them and you wont be banned.

edit: so it's both, they wont find out, nor will they ban you if they did.

Edited by leonvision

Macros/hotkeys/fancy keyboard ninja-ry is fine.

Bots/memory editors/scripts to play or do tasks for you (i.e. playing the game for you or preventing AFK timer) are not.

I've been told scripts are fine unless they make you move... is that wrong?

Sometimes people even use macro and script synonymously because a script can replicate a macro function anyways. I can make an autofire macro in AHK or use the one on a fancy mouse, but both use software to replicate superhuman dexterity, is one worse than the other?

I've been told scripts are fine unless they make you move... is that wrong?

Sometimes people even use macro and script synonymously because a script can replicate a macro function anyways. I can make an autofire macro in AHK or use the one on a fancy mouse, but both use software to replicate superhuman dexterity, is one worse than the other?

Scripts that play the game for you or make your character move while you're AFK to prevent AFKing out is not okay.

Basically if it's a script that runs automatically with 0 input from the user, it's not okay. If it's a script to perform as a macro that still requires the user to play, it's fine.

Scripts that play the game for you or make your character move while you're AFK to prevent AFKing out is not okay.

Basically if it's a script that runs automatically with 0 input from the user, it's not okay. If it's a script to perform as a macro that still requires the user to play, it's fine.

Alright, I appreciate the clarification.

Hello,

I recently got a Razer mouse that comes with the Razer Synapse software for controlling macro functions, so i need to know if i am safe before i use. Let's not make a case out of this, don't judge me for asking, i don't wanna know your opinion about players that use macro. Its not like its a hack or something like that.

I wanna know the official house rule, are players allowed to use mouse macros in Warframe, or this could result in the account being banned?

Razer Synapse

Synapse

This was made for you to get the ultimate god-status Synapse Wraith Vandal Toxic Prime.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I find it entertaining to ignore things that do stuff for you and do it myself the old-fashioned way. It just isn't the same doing something complicated if you macro it.

Edit: (minor grammar correction)

Edited by Po1sOn4Ppl3z

• 2 months later...

I wish to know more about exactly what is allowed was is not and the exact limit of use !

I do participate of PVP and not in dream i want break rulez.

We fight and defend the honnor preservation on PVP and even in offline game.

Well....to be honest WARFRAME as like other is a stress keyboard and mouse game!

Bacause its soon or later gimme a LER problem soo, could be very healthy and usefulll someone point a direction for a alowed macro for users who doesnt agree with unic solution is a keyboard of $100.

(A stoled offense opinion too $$$ for a keyboard).

There are 2 simple solution:

1 - Specify which kind of programs or program should be alowed and how and monitor their use.

There are ways to produce rapid fire and quick silver combos via macro.

So monitor and control them specific is one way to control the frequence of hit- key rate, limit to 3 keys per second or what ever should be a solution for tecnical issue.

2 - Command simplification of course.

Implement straight inside game this macros solution to control them completily.

As a Game Config Option for controls, like simple command and advanced command contol.

Macro or combo release by default, so this should kill sequences of it too.

Why?  very simple reason.

As a option could be better controlled by game developers.

Well basically i am interested in ways to preserve my hands health, so gimme some direction people.

Cheers.

Arent macros basically cheating in PvP? You click on one button to perform 3 actions.