Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Idea For A Sniper Rifle

MetroFallout

So this idea came to me when I found a video of a double-barrelled bolt-action hunting rifle for big game (i.e high impact damage and puncture's the order of the day). I was thinking it'd be a cool weapon to have in Warframe but was wondering how the rifle would work. Then I remembered the Tigris' firing mode. Since both of them are double-barrelled weapons, they could share firing modes. Anyway here's the video in question.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LXamhyW_aY

Now here comes the name and the stats (no art because I have no artistic sense whatsoever, if someone would like to do art for this one I'd say go ahead)

Name: Gemellus (meaning twin/paired/double in Latin)

Mastery level: 8

Slot: Primary

Weapon Type: Sniper Rifle

Trigger Type: Duplex-Auto (same as Tigris)

Firing Rate: 2.5/sec

Projectile speed: Hit-scan

Accuracy: 14.0

Zoom: 3 (same as Vectis)

Magazine size: 6 (3 for each barrel)

Max Ammo: 72

Reload time: 3 seconds

Damage: Physical Damage 200 (100 Impact, 80 Puncture, 20 Slash)

Crit Chance: 30%

Crit Damage: 200%

Status Chance: 5%

Conclave: 60

Polarity: 1 V polarity and 1 Bar Polarity

Materials needed to craft: 5000 Ferrite, 4000 Alloy Plate, 5 Control Module, 5 Orokin Cells, 35000 credits

Blueprint Details: 50000 credits

Time for Gemellus to complete crafting: 24 hours

Additional Information: The rifle itself could have a slightly gimmicky aim mechanic by having it's own unique zoom reticule based on the Vectis' but with two crosshairs points almost next to each other with a small space in between or having the two crosshair points connected to each other like an infinity symbol. Each bullet from each barrel of the Gemellus does the 200 Physical Damage but if the bullets from both barrels manage to hit, the damage would effectively be doubled (barring criticals and status procs). Otherwise, left crosshair point would be for the left-side barrel and the right crosshair point would be for the right-side barrel. Also, the firing mechanic for the rifle would be the same as the Tigris with only a small addition of having to rack the rifle bolt using the Vectis reloading animation after every 2 shots and a reload animation from any rifle.

Notes on physical design: It's a Tenno big-game hunting rifle so wood would feature prominently in it's design. It would also look similar to the Vectis but with 2 barrels (or alternatively a mix between Vectis and Tigris with a magazine).

Hope you guys like it and let me know what you think.

Edited by MetroFallout

i see. so a burst Sniper Rifle. i won't use it, because that defeats the ENTIRE purpose of a Sniper Rifle, but i won't say no to other people using it.

but those stats are clearly way over the top. since it shoots two projectiles per shot (meaning 4 with mods), that damage / Crits is ridiculous.

Double barrel snipers? We may be space ninjas...no....mercenaries.... But that is just a bit too crazy bro...

it's a Burst Sniper Rifle. these are real. but rarely used by most Marksman.

and multi-barreled guns date back to the first days of Gunpowder. the easiest way to increase RoF, is to have more barrels, and shoot more cannonballs at the same time.

it's not a futuristic concept.

i see. so a burst Sniper Rifle. i won't use it, because that defeats the ENTIRE purpose of a Sniper Rifle, but i won't say no to other people using it.

but those stats are clearly way over the top. since it shoots two projectiles per shot (meaning 4 with mods), that damage / Crits is ridiculous.

Poor phrasing on my part, sorry for the confusion. What this rifle actually is is a scoped double barrelled hunting rifle and not an actual sniper rifle. The reason why I call it a sniper rifle is because it's scoped and draws it's ammo from the sniper ammo pool.

Also, this rifle is in no way a "burst" rifle as such because, as I have mentioned in the post itself, I based the fire mode on the Tigris'. The Tigris is in no way a burst-fire weapon as it's not strictly automatic burst-fire. In effect, I can describe this rifle's fire mode to be closer to an automatic double tap/two-shot rifle between cocking for another 2 shots.

I would explain how the Gemellus would work a little better but my phone is testing my patience with the typing interruptions. I will explain things better once I get on my computer.

Edited by MetroFallout

• 3 weeks later...

Also, this rifle is in no way a "burst" rifle as such because, as I have mentioned in the post itself, I based the fire mode on the Tigris'. The Tigris is in no way a burst-fire weapon as it's not strictly automatic burst-fire. In effect, I can describe this rifle's fire mode to be closer to an automatic double tap/two-shot rifle between cocking for another 2 shots.

that's great and all... but honestly, the 'Duplex-Auto' Trigger is very awkward to use for me. in order to not waste Ammunition, i need to remember to hold the trigger, and then reload. i can't get used to it.

that's great and all... but honestly, the 'Duplex-Auto' Trigger is very awkward to use for me. in order to not waste Ammunition, i need to remember to hold the trigger, and then reload. i can't get used to it.

It's a matter of habit really, I often forget to hold the trigger with my own Tigris anyway.