Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Could We Have Been So Blind?

eStecko

This is a fan (re-)creation of the Orokin fall, based on known lore and trying to fill unrevealed history. I hope you will enjoy, please leave your comments below. This is not much of a happy reading, but i tried to keep the Codex style of writing (yet my english is not so pro). You've been warned. :P

---

I, Excalibur, was the first one. I was the first to remember aswell. But it was too late.

Using the best of us, against our own. Corrupting us by sending us to the Void and Technocyte did the rest... affecting our memories and reason. In our blind rage, we have slain our kin - Sentients they called them. They were almost all gone. But she found us. Guided us from the darkness, gave us purpose.

But it was too late. The war was over. They called us saviors, Warrior-Gods. Trying to blind us with gold and silk... She called us Tenno, in the old language... heavenly emperors. I suppose its rather ironic and yet true. We were not ourselfs already, we have already overcame death. And if emperor's duty, is to protect his people, i will gladly accept this name. This way, i will remember... and won't fail ever again.

It was too late for them. All pieces were in place now. We have waited for this moment for so long. In silence, we have composed our feelings, our sadness, our hatred.

Deep sound of Naga drums have resonated across the Orokin Honorary Hall.

It has begun. The Empire will fall today.

My thoughts are gone. Now there is only one goal in my sight. Sheer hatred is boiling under this mask of my true self. They cannot see it. They are the blind ones... now.

I have drawn my sword. I can only hope, this is a last time blood will be spilled by it. We danced among them. Their last sights were of their own creations with engraved lotus signs. Soon, the drums vent silent and so did the "Empire of Gold".

To prevent anymore bloodshed, we have hidden their Empire in the Void. Letting younger races to live in peace, we have hidden ourselfs aswell. In the best hopes, there will be no need to awaken us from our sleep ever again. But hope is all we have now.

- Tenno Archives, The Collapse

Edited by eStecko