Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Boss Concept] Infested Giant Stretch Demon # Edited With Detailed Phases # Endgame ?

DeadScream

Just imagine a long and thin infested boss, slowly moving and climbing on the walls and the ceilings. 

lore

The technocyte plague fell on Earth once, but got locked by the Grineer in a volcano, on an island they managed to isolate from the rest of the planet. But it wasn't destroyed by the lava. Instead, it mutated into a new infested form. 

mission concept

In this mission (unique volcano map) you would be dropped inside the barrers of the island, and would have to climb the volcano and go into it to reach the threat. There would not be multiple infested units like in our actual infested missions : It would be only one titanic monster, destroying the volcano from the inside in raging blows. 

With no numeric count down, the players would have to eradicate the stretch infested before his "prison" collapses. Also the monster would try to flee outside when it would get low on health. 

weaknesses / boss fight

I'm maybe repeating myself, but this enemy would be really giant : at least three Lephantis. 

His main weakness would be its head, but he would suffer from some scorches revealing unprotected flesh. As he would have grown up into a volcano, the best element to kill him would not be fire though, but poison and ice. 

EDIT
Attacks : He would not directly try to kill the Tenno. His goal is to escape from his prison. The danger for us would be the collapsing of the volcano, and the movement of the infested : if he hits you, you could fall into the lava. 

Sketches

olbd.jpg

Mission's phases detail

1# Reach the volcano and climb it.

2# Enter the volcano and explore the depths, deeper and deeper : you hear atrocious growls and screams, and everything is shaking around.

3# Encounter the giant boss : he doesn't care about you, he is just trying to climb up but everything collapses around him. Still he kinda manages to climb, slowly. 

4# Lotus call : "If the creature gets outside, the infestation will spread on the planet in a stronger form than the one we actually know. Stop it, Tenno." 

5# You try to stay surefooted as you shoot at the monster's weak spots. Beware the falling rock chips and the lava geysers. Also be careful about the giant members of the infested : if he slaps you, for sure you will fall. 

And if you fall into the lava, you can't be recovered by your friends. 

6# As he loses health, the monster climbs faster and faster, ravaging the volcano with more and more rage and unpredictability. 

7# When he dies, you still have to escape because the volcano is collapsing. The extraction ship is waiting at the surface.

What do you think about it ?

Edited by DeadScream

Sooooo, Giant Mothership is out of the question than?...

We can't tell if they are still able to drive a ship, but I like this idea. Maybe more of a deeper orokin fortress derelict, just like the first of all the orokin's failures. 

But still, the subject here is a new  boss concept with a special mission on Earth... We are getting far away from the main topic men.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if the size is practically implementable (3 Lephantis is rediculously huge). Also what would its attacks even be? Not enough details here, though the picture is pretty nice.

Heehhh, I didn't think about his attacks... 

But with stretch members he could at least slap us again and again. The biggest danger would be the fact he would be destructing the volcano, so we could take big rock chips in the face ! 

Our goal is to prevent him from going outside, but he is not really trying to kill us. He just wants to see the sunlight. 

*sad music* 

We definitly need more big bosses.

The idea is awesome. But I would prefer something more infection like being.

Something like the Nexus from from dead space 3:

dead-space-3-2.jpg

Dead_Space_3_Nexus_Concept.jpg

Like OP said. trying to stop it from getting free sounds pretty simple.

Or maybe even a fight that is similar to the nexus fight from DS3.

woaaahhh it's beautiful ! 

And Lephantis isn't that different to this monster, this kind of creature would fit ! 

But still I think about the stretchy thing because of the heat into the volcano modificating the virus. This one would me more of a "regular" infested boss IMHO

Still are you saying it would be too much simple to prevent him from escaping ? 

In my mind it would be hard because of : 

- giant boss doesn't care about you until it hurts, and then he becomes faster and faster

- If you fall into the lava you can't be revived (HUEHUEHUE)

- bullet sponge

Edited by DeadScream