January 3Rd: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Megan

I'm suggesting:

% drop rates in Codex (that would be awesome)

Detron in the market and/or dojo, I strongly support this idea.

System that guarantees new players certain basic mods if they don't get it within x games. (Tie mods rewards to achievements? Like give Serration upon earning Rifle Proficiency II)

Edited by Trainer772

I am proposing a loot table idea.

My idea is: when a mission reward is generated, not just generate only one, but three or more different onces. Player on the hand could only pick one reward. The number of rewards can be generated by loot table can be expended.

So whenever the drop table is too big, loot table can be expended to against it.

I like the idea of RNG but I don't like out of control RNG. So I want something can count against out-of-control RNG, not get ride of RNG totally.

I am mastery 9 and I really need credits

You have a problem DE. You think, more RNG = more difficult or challenge, and you are wrong. Want a weapon hard to get? Its fine, put it on a wave 200 reward, at 3 hours survival, on a lvl 500 MD missions, its ok we will works to get it. But we can´t do nothing vs RNG, its out of our control, doesn´t matter how many hours you play or your playing skills, with RNG its possible you never get it.

In regards to the Codex (and I guess the UI too), you really need to display everything a player would need to know when using a weapon. We shouldn't have to 'test' and 'guess' values on weapons, every single damage and % should be shown in both the UI and Codex. We shouldn't have to rely on a 3rd party website to get information that is necessary for most of the weapons in the game.

For example:

* Showing how much damage a charge attack (guns/melee) is going to do, including elementals.

* Showing Status/Crit numbers on charge attacks (guns/melee) [Take the Lanka and Galatine for example]

* Show any innate elemental properties [Corrosive damage on the Scoliac charge, or Heat Sword's fire damage]

* Show damage fall-off/'effective range' on weapons with this mechanic

* Anything else really that the Wiki shows that the codex doesn't

Hello Megan, thanks for taking the time to make this thread for the community.
With the Market system, the Market "tier-system" should just be rank 0-4.  0-8 is a big goal for newer tenno.
As far as Havester/Detron goes, the stalker/harvester encounters should have an "influence" bar, so you can see how close you are to being wanted by assassins not wanting your influence to their side.
For RNG, there should be no token system. RNG is all about getting lucky for what you are looking for. Instead, there should be a "parts cycle" for key-based missions. This means that each weapon/warframe/etc be split into one-week frames where tenno fight for set-specific parts (ex: Frost Prime BP/parts in week 1 of Orokin Void Capture, Glaive Prime BP/parts in week 2 of Orokin Void Capture, and so on.)

Future Codex Improvements

Feedback on the Codex has brought up some concerns that it does not provide enough information regarding drops/loot. Ideas and plans have surfaced on the Dev desk about additions to the Codex in order to provide more information on rewards. Suggestions on how to improve the Codex are greatly appreciated.

when the codex was first previewed on the livestream it gave a crit chance bonus to all fully researched enemies. what happened? as a player who already has all mods an could also just as easily look them up on the wiki page the codex seems to be a waste of time.

with the new damage system i would like to propose that a fully researched enemy would give a bonus to proc chance rather than crit chance on that enemy since proc chances are so low. not only would this motivate players to build up there codex but it well aid in fixing the proc chance issues players are complaining about

Dont give away event weapons with little work put into it because then no one is going to bother doing the events.

Which, by the way, already have easy requirement which people STILL complain about even when events are a week long.

The theme here is pretty clear.

Dont give away event weapons with little work put into it because then no one is going to bother doing the events.

Which, by the way, already have easy requirement which people STILL complain about even when events are a week long.

if you're referring to the Detron, it's not a event item, and people ought to stop calling it that. it was never given out during the event. its only involvement with the event is it could have been the weapon that was given out, but people evidently chose Brakk over it.

Condensing the Detron into 1 blueprint, just like the Stalker's gear, will solve the problem. On the long run we'll figure how to make him appear, so that complaint will disappear too.

The main problem for Survival and Defense is that the rewards don't really progress. We don't feel that holding for 40 minutes is really worth it. Especially for defense.

Doubling the credits' size won't change a lot of things for veterans, who are millionaires more often than not and barely notice a couple thousands creds. ODS is not the place to put credits rewards.

The Harvester/Detron

We have heard many suggestions about how we should change the way the Detron is obtained. We know that the three separate Detron blueprints is a reason many players are upset.  Here are some solutions that were suggested by players:

·         Condense the Detron to 1 Blueprint, like the Stalker’s gear.  

·         Put Detron in Clan Research

·         Increase Harvester spawn rates and better Detron drop rate consistency.

·         Put the Barrel/Receiver as possible rewards for Battle Pay

Suggestions are being discussed based off of player feedback on this issue.

I'm fine with any solutions you guys will come up with, except Clan research. That'll make thing easier, yes, but what will be the point of Harvester existence?

Little work? Nonsense. You stil have to bait out the Harvester, which is no easy task. It took almost 50 runs to get him to attack me the first time, and even then he never dropped ANYTHING until our third battle, when he dropped a Detron Blueprint. After that, every encounter has either given me another BP or nothing at all. 

The Harvester is broken. Not difficult, BROKEN. 

If you really don't think that's the case, perhaps you need to learn by experience. 

Do as I did. Do 226 invasion runs supporting the Grineer and see how much progress you make.

Perhaps then you'll understand. 

Or maybe I misunderstood your comment. If so, feel free to reply. 

Edited by Plasmaface

I think clan research needs more grineer weapons, and a tenno research section. (why not the oracle?) Detron in clan research just feels like adding more to a section that already has more support than the other factions. If the Harvester is going to drop Detron, it should drop the full & singularly craftable BP, and actually use the weapon. I'd also like to see it drop Prova vandal & something else to complete the Stalker equivalency...

Codex: 20+ scans is horrible on anything that can die easily and spawns rarely, unless it's intended to be stalker-lite.

Edited by Novocrane

Yay a new community hot topic! .. Love 'em.

1. RNG

2. The Harvester/Detron

3. Orokin Derelict Survival rewards

1. I still think the RNG on the blueprint drops from bosses are way to high. You can farm a frame within 3 runs if you are lucky.  Having a 100% drop rate is too much IMO. Instead the drop rate of a blueprint should be 50%, divided into 20%, 20%, 10% of getting X or Y blueprint.

The other 50% is getting a void key or something else, a new rare mod maybe? Idk it just seems weird farming a boss 3 runs then never see him again.

Other than that the mod RNG seems fine IMO.

2. If you ask me you should make the Harvester just like the stalker. But instead give it another weapon or a unique mod (3 things total). This makes the Harvester much more rewarding, if you finally meet him.

3. I still think the credits should be removed. Playing for 5 minutes against high level enemies is not worth 5,000 credits, 1,000 credits per minute while risking a lot.

Edited by Brahmastra

I was thinking about how to improve the codex by adding something to it which helps the player farming mods. My idea was, what if the codex showed when these type of enemies spawned. For instance the codex could say:''Heavy Gunners spawn when the enemies' lvl is 25+. This would that if you need a certain mod that only drops from heavy gunners you should fight lvl 25+ grineer.