Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kela De Thaym

LadyScootaloo

Question

Boss Name : Kela De Thaym

Mission : Merrow - Sedna

Difficulty : You better be a f**king GOD.

Anyone got any methods to beat her?

I recently JUST managed to beat it with 2 friends, one Ash and one Rhino, with me as Trinity.

It was a bloody S#&$storm. We burned about 3-4 revives each. 3 Energy Siphons.

First, I'll describe her attacks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Shields : Slow Recharge with High Capacity

Health : Relatively high, I think similar to what Phorid or Vay Hek has. Unsure due to 2.0 mod system changes and lower firepower.

A) Grenade Shot : (Similar to the rockets fired by Napalm elites, but will probably kill you in 2-3 shots and is fired constantly)

B) Grenade Throw : (Similar to Grineer grenades, except you WILL probably die in 1 hit if it connects, and it tends to explode a lot faster than usual grenades, not to mention it's got the same projectile speed as her (A) attack)

C) Ball Toss : (You know those annoying rolling spiky balls? She throws them. Constantly. Like 2-4 always around)

I'm fairly certain that Volt's Electric Shield won't be able to stop the throwing nades, nor will it impede the annoying balls from knocking you around.

Her (A) skill can be avoided simply by timing and rolling out of the way, but it's annoying to maintain fire and she doesn't EVER only focus on one person. (or she does, who knows how it works)

The Ball can be destroyed before it is even fully deployed, but it's a bit tough considering she turns very randomly.

Grenade Throw : You will probably die, make sure you got backup.

Known Tactics :

Solo - No. I don't care how OP you mod yourself, there is no logical way I can picture for you to be able to solo this.

Okay, revision. Yes, it can be soloed. Please go OPify yourself first.

Also, not everyone can. It's got a specific skill bar you have to cross over. She's the first boss that requires constant ranged dodging and detailed attention...

Trinity X Trinity - Using 2 trinities to constantly maintain Link+Vampire while the rest keep their distance and fire while watching out for the attacks.

Possibility of working? Low. The balls are SUPREMELY annoying and there's always a chance one of the Trinities might die, breaking the loop.

Trinity X Frost - Using the Snow Globe skill, all 4 players stand on a crate, to avoid the balls.

I don't know if the grenade can reach inside the globe, however, I am fairly certain the (A) skill shouldn't.

Rhino X Trinity - The usual ironskin-vampire-well spam. As risky as Trinity X Trinity.

ANY - First, clear the mobs

Next, clear the balls that are still around WHILE one person attacks the boss.

FLANK HER and keep your distances. (Ash/Loki/Rhino/Stealth/Reviver should stay within range of at least 2 members)

Dodge the MISSILES by strafing/rolling left and right in a small space.(don't wander into your friend's space)

I do not know how accurate this is, but, she sometimes fires missiles a few steps AHEAD of where you were walkin/rolling to, so watch it.

Kill the spike balls she deploys BEFORE THEY HAVE A CHANCE TO LEAVE HER HAND.

(fire at the place they usually spawn at her hands, by her waist level, near the center)

STOP STARING AT YOUR DAMAGE NUMBERS OR HER HP, IT DOESN'T MATTER YET, WATCH THE MISSILES/GRENADES.

She has no visible boobs, her gun is in the way, stop trying.

Yes, she has a hot face, let's get over that.

Useful Tips

Ash/Loki's smoke and invisibility are INCREDIBLY useful for reviving. Rhino, too, I guess.

Don't look away from her, pay attention to her attacks. She has very predictable movement aside from the (A) attack.

DO NOT SCOPE. DO NOT STAND STILL. Keep moving. If you THINK you can outmaneuver her, enjoy your death.

Do NOT stand near each other unless you want to kill off 1-2 revives altogether for no reason.

If your map is affected by cold. Leave. Just leave. You won't even be able to take one single shot.

Despite what I said about outmaneuvering her, she's actually a VERY slow walker. Even slower than the Hyena. Take advantage of that and ELIMINATE ALL THE MOBS FIRST, unless you have a Nyx and want to utilize it.

If you decide to use Nyx to try to redirect her fire.... take care. Not knowing her obvious direction of fire can cost you your life.

Explosions always have a bigger radius than you first imagined.

Don't stand IN FRONT OF crates. She's shooting ROCKETS at you. XD

Any other methods anyone can think of or has accomplished?

Edited by FlameLaevateinn

5 answers to this question

Granted, I have not seen anyone with fully max mods. (I got the most necessary ones upgraded)

Too much credit cost to massively upgrade.

Given at least x3-5 of my current output and perhaps some heavier Armour+Health+Shields+ShieldRegen on a tank-type frame like Rhino or Frost. (maybe even trinity), this boss would be easier. However, I HIGHLY doubt many people will gain access to this with the current credit situation.

Even then, this boss is a pain among pains.

The only boss I think worthy of this challenge would be the Stalker, which has a 1hit skill and likes to constantly vanish and leave if he manages to kill anyone once.

As mentioned by Jelly, I'm probably going to hold off on fighting Kela anymore.

I don't think I can take her without better mods than what I have now. (sub par stuff)

Edited by FlameLaevateinn