Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stealth Hotfix Idea

LightstealKnight

A quick hotfix to stealth is simple:

Implement a [Grey range] while [crouching]

[YOU] -------[unalerted range]----------======[Grey Range]======######[Alert range]##### [Enemy]

Whereas now the system is

[You] ---------------[unalerted Range]-------------------#############[Alert range]########## [Enemy]

And an [Alert timer] while [Crouching] in the [Grey Range]

Make an [exclamation mark] appear over the enemy head as soon as an [unalerted enemy]'s [alert timer] begins, and only detect you after 2 seconds of [alert timer].  

That is all.

[Edit]:  Reset the enemy specific [Alert timer] to [1 second] when the player returns to the undetected status instead of [2 seconds]

Edited by Enemy1

Make an [exclamation mark] appear over the enemy head as soon as an [unalerted enemy]'s [alert timer] begins, and only detect you after 2 seconds of [alert timer].  

Yes, and cardboard boxes scattered throughout the level that we can hide under.  Enemies would of course pay no mind to the boxes as long as they don't actually see them move.

Yes, and cardboard boxes scattered throughout the level that we can hide under.  Enemies would of course pay no mind to the boxes as long as they don't actually see them move.

They stuck antlers on the grineer.... your sarcastic box idea doesn't even come close to being more ridiculous than that.

Make Elites doubt errything. See a box that wasn't here a minute ago, they walk to it. "Hmm? What's this box?"

If we're lucky, we get transported to Boss room, free ambush. Equip to wear!

Make Elites doubt errything. See a box that wasn't here a minute ago, they walk to it. "Hmm? What's this box?"

If we're lucky, we get transported to Boss room, free ambush. Equip to wear!

Then they see [Made in China];

"OH FORGET THIS!"

All Stealth attack should be 1 hit kill and playing stealth should give some special reward for not making trouble and from randomly spawning enemies, it make sometime stealth impossible without invisibility skill so, giving us some distracting gadget might help a gameplay to give player more option how to engage because right now when I met the condition I say previously, I need to say to my self "and I took a lot of my time to stealth and now I have to kill them all" 

We have gear to brought something in to the field so we could bring something like portable jammer(reusable) or false reporter to silent alarm and even some throwaway portable speaker to lure enemies out and giving all option we should be able to silent kill from cover even without staying behind them and make sentinel know how to hide and not floating on my head when I'm in cover to hide my appearance 

Cover system doesn't need to be like most 3rd person shooter but make it automatic when the player get near some object. the people who hate cover system is because it's hinder the game speed but if we can make it dynamic fast covering system then this will be new generation system and actually this kind of cover system I said earlier is not new but it's system is in game name "Ghost recon:advance war fighter" as this link here

might not be the best vid but it's understandable how fast this cover system is because unlike Assassin creed game which has automatic free running system,Warframe need to press some button to climb which would not hindering speed to climbing or anything

It's interesting to develop the stealth system because it's realistic and cover system would make game more intense in later level because of damage output of enemies is powerful. Ninja is fast but timing is also important,you make the point of that by decrease the stamina system already so you must not stop what you start when you're saying you don't want runner gameplay. 

and I really like the idea of giving us time and notice when enemy is seeing us before they actually recognize player as enemy ,give us some chance to go hiding.