Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Making Exclusives Non-Exclusives

BrainInvader

Let me go into it a bit more before you rage post yelling "no!".

I am the kind of person that wants to have everything in the game at once, at max rank. And since I joined in early November I missed a lot of the exclusives(Well, kind of all of them) and have no way of obtaining them, at all.

Which makes me kind of really sad.

Which brings me to my point, I would love to see the "exclusives" becoming non-exclusive, but obtainable permanently. Whether through the market or drops(stalker kind of enemies or mission rewards for example, perhaps invasions)

I know a lot of you worked (very) hard to get those things(Brakk, primed chamber etc. and I understand your view, from what I read the Brakk was insane to obtain) or paid a lot(Skana prime etc.) but why should someone who joined in early 2013 be able to have everything in the game, yet someone from late 2013 be limited to what he can obtain?

Even today exclusive items are being introduced(Prime Syandana) but why should someone who can't dish out ~120 euro not be able to get the same content in a F2P game as someone who can? I could understand if it was released under a platinum price in the market(Since plat is now obtainable without paying real-life through trade) but being limited to "rich" people is something I don't understand.

My progress so far: http://imgur.com/a/yL77g

I'm 100% against any proper exclusives being made available.

I use the Braton/Lato Vandal for bragging rights, and to show that I was a CB tester.

Now, what if those were suddenly made available to everyone? Well, there goes that

However, the only thing I want DE to do is stop making exclusive weapons more powerful than everything else.

Straith and Brakk being a prime example.

If they continue doing this, we're always going to have complaints about not being able to participate in an event.

Weapon skins, badges etc. Those are the kinds of rewards I want to see. Not a weapon that just blows everything out of the water

In all, no, I think exclusives should stay exclusive.

I think this topic in general has been debated for centuries. The outcome? No. Well as far as Excal, Lato, and Skana prime go. You can have whatever you like. Just not those 3. DE advertised them as exclusives and exclusives they shall be. If they made those 3 become accessible again they could be sued for false advertisement. So you want that brakk? Couldn't hurt to dream. That Excal prime? Big fat nope.

This has been covered.

Founder items are Founder exclusive. No more.

Vandal items were closed-beta exclusive (and the one event reward). No more.

Wraith and non-specific items (Brakk) may return, in another event or some other form.

Stop whining. I didn't get the Brakk either.

I forget what was said about Primed Chamber, but I think it goes with Wraith/Brakk, and may or may not return.

Other event mod rewards either were introduced to the drop table later, or are in the Transmutation table, or may return to another event or in the drops or Transmutes. Or Nightmare - some of the event mods were added to the Nightmare rewards.

Oh yeah, some weapons were removed from game, but people who already had them, kept them. Snipetron. I don't think that one'll be available again, but I'll repeat, Vandaltron definitely won't be.

Edited by Omegaboot

I do understand your point and I missed out on some stuff I wish I could've had but exclusives are exclusives; those who where there at the time had the privileged to obtain them. It makes things a little more special and as a memento for how long you've been with the game. I'll have to say no to exclusives being obtainable again. [size=2](Braton Vandal </3)[/size]

It's exclusive for a reason. It's not our fault you weren't here for the events.

What this guy said.

Also everyone who keeps demanding that the Founders items be released to the public need to be slapped. Seriously, DE has specifically stated that they will never again be available, SO STOP ASKING!

N...--- !!!!..... okay....

I am the kind of person that wants to have everything in the game at once, at max rank. And since I joined in early November I missed a lot of the exclusives(Well, kind of all of them) and have no way of obtaining them, at all.

Which makes me kind of really sad.

Which brings me to my point, I would love to see the "exclusives" becoming non-exclusive, but obtainable permanently. Whether through the market or drops(stalker kind of enemies or mission rewards for example, perhaps invasions)

I know a lot of you worked (very) hard to get those things(Brakk, primed chamber etc. and I understand your view, from what I read the Brakk was insane to obtain) or paid a lot(Skana prime etc.) but why should someone who joined in early 2013 be able to have everything in the game, yet someone from late 2013 be limited to what he can obtain?

Even today exclusive items are being introduced(Prime Syandana) but why should someone who can't dish out ~120 euro not be able to get the same content in a F2P game as someone who can? I could understand if it was released under a platinum price in the market(Since plat is now obtainable without paying real-life through trade) but being limited to "rich" people is something I don't understand.

My progress so far: http://imgur.com/a/yL77g

NO!!!

Brakk and Detron were not exclusives. There's hope for those.

Wraiths and Vandals are a grey area. I can't recall them ever being called 'exclusive', but Snipetron is not something meant to be part of the game. It was retired and it's model reallocated (Lanka). You shouldn't see this as a missing part of the game and, IMHO, it should not be in the Codex to begin with.

The Excalibur Prime, Lato Prime, and Skana Prime I feel you on. They definitely have a place in the Codex and their exclusivity must sting a completionist. Excalibur is just a done deal. He was promised as an exclusive to founders and so if you're not a founder I don't expect you'll ever get him.

Lato Prime and Skana Prime were supposed to be exclusives, but I see this freight train coming at us that is AKLato Prime and Dual Skana Prime. Those weapons will just infuriate EVERYBODY, because they will, in all likelihood, render the founder weapons obsolete and once again dangle that weapons people can't get in front of completionists like yourself. People will say things like "No one even uses Lato Prime anymore, please make it available!" and I don't know how I could argue.

I'd just assume Lato Prime and Skana Prime were made available and founders were given some other exclusive. Brand new exclusive weapons not related to or upgrade from anything else in-game. No other versions. Totally unique to founders. That might still irk a completionist but it's better than having your prime collection shorted and founders being stuck with bad exclusives I think.

Edited by VKhaun

Are you acting like that IRL?

For example, one of your friends go to an event where he got a new computer controller with the convention logo on it.

You were working and couldn't go there, you didn't get your new controller.

Do you send emails or call the organization of this event to get the exclusive controller?

If there's a running race, but you get hurt and can't take part in it. The race organization gives a special medal to everyone who ran the race in less than one hour.

However, you're sure that if you were not hurt, you could run it in less than one hour?

What are you going to do? Try to claim your medal for something you didn't do?

All I see in OP's post is "Change exclusives because I'm a completionist..." Honestly there will be more exclusive stuff in the future for everyone to feel special, you don't need EVERYTHING in the game since most stuff doesn't even give you a reward for being a completionist.

I have carefully considered your post in a calm and collected manner, taking note of all your points and all the persuasive validity they present.

No.

Would I like a chance at the Strun Wraith? I would love even just the bp. Can I understand why it should not and will not be re-released? Completely.

they are snowflake that care about their braging rights more then the healt of the actual game

so they don't want these exclusive stuff in game bicous they don't care about expanding the amount of items / Content in the game

they are snowflake that care about their braging rights more then the health of the actual game

so they don't want these exclusive stuff in game because they don't care about expanding the amount of items / Content in the game

LOOK HERE YOU 22 YEAR OLD CAT LOVER!

I'm one of those snowflakes :3

Play events, get a job, buy stuff. All of the items where obtainable, but like the lotto, if you didn't play the winning number you thought about... you missed out

Edited by ensignvidiot

-SNIP-

Why should someone who joined late have the same benefits as a person that have put time into the game or played for very long? In the long time i have played Warframe the only items i have missed have been the Vandal weapon series. Wasnt part of the closed beta and missed the sale date for the Braton vandal because i hadnt started playing at that point. Also missed the Snipetron vandal as i was away on a trip and couldnt make it back in time for the event. Sure it sucks that i missed these items but im against these items being made available again as it displays ones history with the game. I believe that people who are have played the game for a very long time should have a right for exclusive items and if you wasnt here when a certain event was running then its just darn shame.

Why should people who didnt pay also have the right to obtain the same items as those who did pay? When i paid for my founder it was to support a awesome game made by DE. Sure some of the founders may be rich kids who got their parents to buy it for bragging rights but the money i used for that was earned though my work. Yet again it may suck that some items are only available if you pay a certain amount of money but it still does not change the fact that money was offered for those items. Whether earned or given, used for support or bragging its still money being used. As long as it is just cosmetics or quick acces to weapons and frames i dont see a problem. The only problem would be if Warframe turned into a P2W game where you really had to use money to win. As it currently is money can just be used quickening things up. If they just stay away from game breaking weapons/frames that can only be acquired by paying for it things will be fine.

LOOK HERE YOU 22 YEAR OLD CAT LOVER!

I'm one of those snowflakes :3

Play events, get a job, buy stuff. All of the items where obtainable, but like the lotto, if you didn't play the winning number you thought about... you missed out

I don't care if I missed out or don't have an item from even but in my opinion EXCLUSIVE ITEMS DONT EXPAND THE GAME ! IN THE LONG TERM !!!!

exclusive items are a way to throw Dev time out of the window ALL these items warframes cosmetics could have ben added to the game as perm items and ACTUALY EXPAND THE GAME !

we would have more content by now if they would stop with these exclusive temporal BullS#&$....

ALL of you think that if someone is crying about it its bicous they don't have it and want it well NO we @(*()$ crying about it bicous dev shooting themselves and the game in the foot every time they remove content !!!!! ONLY bicous they put the "Exclusive" mark on it.....

Expand the freaken game instead of removing content !!!!!!!!!

Edited by Zoliru

No.

I paid real-people money so I could feel special.

You will not get to feel the same special.

I don't care how elitist it is of me to Covet my Ninja-Headband of Founding +2, but I can't hear you from within my Excalibur Prime frame.

Word.

Don't care about event weapons. If DE wants to put them back in another event, they are welcome to do so.

As for Closed Beta and Founders: No. Warframe is past CB and it already has reached enough fame and another platform, no swag for you.

EXPAND THE GAME !

Below is from the WIki:

As of Update 11.6, the current maximum rank is Mastery Level 14, Silver Hunter with 557,803 total Mastery Points.
  • Excluding 7 Event, 3 Founder, and 4 Retired equipment, the current maximum rank is Mastery Level 14, Silver Hunter with 512,803 total Mastery Points.

im going to do MATH now

using proportions, Ill have 512803/557803 = x/100 and then ill solve for x, where x will be the percent of content available to you, the Not-an-Early bird

So, currently 91.932% of all mastery creating content is available for all players of warframe.

Exclusive Items and Content makes up 8.068% OF ALL CONTENT AVAILABLE TO YOU.

The majority of the game is unbarred and open to all to enjoy. The dev team puts stuff out for the masses, and dangles little shiny Wrath and Vandal exclusives in events, if you decide to participate in them, you can get them too. Because I put in effort in them, I have a few Wrath and Vandal guns that will never be available again. And because I opted into the Founder Program, I have Excalibur prime.

I got in a timeframe when they made something available, then I met the requirements for the item in question. The former with gameplay, the latter with money. This was available to EVERYONE.

They put out content to the masses, and leave incentives for us to use real people money so they can eat.

That's life in a nutshell.

Edited by ensignvidiot

Below is from the WIki:

im going to do MATH now

using proportions, Ill have 512803/557803 = x/100 and then ill solve for x, where x will be the percent of content available to you, the Not-an-Early bird

So, currently 91.932% of all mastery creating content is available for all players of warframe.

Exclusive Items and Content makes up 8.068% OF ALL CONTENT AVAILABLE TO YOU.

8.068% deleted content With the only reason bicous Exclusive content not bicous they realy needed to delete them

8.068% Development that could have ben put in Bug fixing polishing and PERM content that would help the game in the long term

Weapons

Prime warframes

Badges ( costumazations )

weapon skins

etcetc

continue like this and that will be 10% then 15% -.-

if ALL those stuff would have stayed in the game we would have that many more stuff to look after / play with

but no you guys want content to be removed ok fine

im 100% against Temporal/exclusive stuff in ANY game

its a freaking idiotic idea that does not help the game in the longterm

when a player comes here to play this game what he will want to know 1st ? how many content is there and bugs he wont give a &amp;#&#33; about Past events and removed content...

Edited by Zoliru

@Zoliru
And why do you think it'll suddenly jump up to 10% or higher?
Do you seriously think that DE wont continue to produce actual content and will instead only produce event exclusive content?

And also...why should you get the Founders items when you didn't pay 250$ into the game when we did to show our support to the game when it was in very early CBT?  If you take away the items they gave us to give to everyone else (which could be a breach of sales contract on DEs part and get them in legal trouble, as well as having to refund a bunch of founders potentially), what would you give us worth the 250$ that we put into the game?

Weapons

Prime warframes

Badges ( costumazations )

weapon skins

continue like this and that will be 10% then 15% -.-

You didn't read

That little 8 percent includes

The Vandal weapons you will never get

The Wraith weapons

The Snipetron and other Retired weapons you will never get

Excalibur Prime, The Lato Prime and the Skana Prime

Ill give you that badges aren't factored in as they don't give mastery, and neither are Prime Titan Extractors.

here, if you are not opposed to reading, you should try googling "Freemium" because this game is a "Freemium" game.

here, ill do it for you.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Freemium

I'll admit, im getting a bit childish here

as this is me at the moment

someone-is-wrong-on-the-internet.jpg

Don't use personal attacks, use arguments.(Points at a few of you)

-snip-N...--- !!!!..... okay....

NO!!!

Brakk and Detron were not exclusives. There's hope for those.

Wraiths and Vandals are a grey area. I can't recall them ever being called 'exclusive', but Snipetron is not something meant to be part of the game. It was retired and it's model reallocated (Lanka). You shouldn't see this as a missing part of the game and, IMHO, it should not be in the Codex to begin with.

The Excalibur Prime, Lato Prime, and Skana Prime I feel you on. They definitely have a place in the Codex and their exclusivity must sting a completionist. Excalibur is just a done deal. He was promised as an exclusive to founders and so if you're not a founder I don't expect you'll ever get him.

Lato Prime and Skana Prime were supposed to be exclusives, but I see this freight train coming at us that is AKLato Prime and Dual Skana Prime. Those weapons will just infuriate EVERYBODY, because they will, in all likelihood, render the founder weapons obsolete and once again dangle that weapons people can't get in front of completionists like yourself. People will say things like "No one even uses Lato Prime anymore, please make it available!" and I don't know how I could argue.

I'd just assume Lato Prime and Skana Prime were made available and founders were given some other exclusive. Brand new exclusive weapons not related to or upgrade from anything else in-game. No other versions. Totally unique to founders. That might still irk a completionist but it's better than having your prime collection shorted and founders being stuck with bad exclusives I think.

Congrats on being the...only?...reply with actual arguments!(+1 for that), would love to go into a discussion with you :)

Detron is no longer an exclusive(Dropped by harvester), so there is that.

Snipetron, and other unusable weapons should be deleted indeed from the codex if they don't intend on releasing it again I agree.(Boar comes to mind)

regarding Wraiths/Vandals, aren't they just mostly reskins with some buffed stats?(In some cases) Why not make them skins completely then and obtainable with plat just like other skins?(Removing the buffs is optional, since warframes have them as well.) 

Just a thought regarding the exclusive founder items, what if they were placed on the market with a hefty platinum price?(With that I mean same platinum price as founders had to pay for their founder rank(I believe hunter gives everything now, which would be ~50 euro IIRC)) It would still require either spending a lot of RL money or selling A LOT of mods in trading.

-snip-

I suppose it is fair if the founders had at least something that they could brag about, They already got their badges and real life items though :P but the current way does not feel justified to me. Especially not if their items are the only things keeping me from "completing" the game.

Also, false advertisement? Oh please, every game does it in 1 way or another.

-snip-

But why should content be locked for new players, unobtainable forever? Locked to new players is fine for some time(Like prime weapons) but forever is just not cool.

Edited by BrainInvader