Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Global chat?

MrGrim

Just as the title says why not create a global chatroom for people? that way people ingame can ask help there instead of being forced to go to the forums. you can easily create groups and meet new friends. it's the one thing i really want the most at this moment :P.

Since players could easily switch regions in the game through the options menu. (And ping lag isn't really an issue unless it hits 400+ ping)

I believe the global chat should be 'global' so that players could find players in other regions easily.

There is an unofficial community IRC channel, you can read more about it here: https://forums.warfr...unofficial-irc/

Dev post from that thread:

Right now priority is on crashes, match-making, contacts and scaling. No promises, but plans are to have a unified, in-game solution, that evolves into the most bad-&#! place to hang out in Warframe.

It's not officially endorsed or anything and it doesn't see a ton of use (yet), but it's there for people to use as they see fit until such time as DE creates a system to replace it. I and others will continue to support and use it until that time comes (and even after, if it's gained that much traction by then).

Also I'm recycling this post from another thread, because, well, it was pretty much the same thing.