Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Think Leveling Has To Be Made Useful Again

FierceRadiance

Let me start by saying I like Update 7. I think it put the far end of Warframe much further away, which I think we all agree had to happen. It hopefully will make the idea of purchasing plats (and supporting your friendly neighborhood DE coders) worth considering, and maybe even a good idea. Yeah, I know, we'd all like to PforF, but the truth is DESteve & DERebecca have to eat, too, and we need to support them.

That said, under U7 leveling seems damn near pointless now, since the abilities you get are entirely dictated by the random nature of whatever happens to drop, which you have no control over, and how much money you stumble into, which again, you have no control over. The ONLY thing you can do to work the system as it stands now is just grind and hope and hope and grind. You are not the master of your own fate. Being a better player earns you.....practically nothing. Your skills with your WF are nearly pointless, as you can fight like a nerfherder but still come out smelling like a rose if you fall into a lucky drop. IMHO, the random nature of drops and players' inability to progress through any other path or method are a serious potential problem for the game, going forward.

Plus, once my "stash" of fusion cores from pre-U7 runs out (or I'm left with only cores that I can't afford to use) I'll be stuck with pretty much whatever mods/upgrades I have at that point. My ability to improve my WF will slow to a crawl, since I can't improve unless I get more Cores and find more money, and both are controlled by random drops. I'm afraid my interest in the game will begin to wane, because whatever skill-set my WF happens to have at that point can only get better s-l-o-w-l-y due to the random nature of virtually everything I need to get better. And that's not a good thing, and its not something either I or the Devs (I suspect) want to happen.

Lastly, I know there are a lot of different games out there using a lot of different systems, but one of the more (or even most) common tropes is that leveling up makes you (and/or your weapon) BETTER. You EARN skills, you EARN the right to increase the power of the skills you already have, but somehow you BECOME a better fighter by leveling. In the current system, all you get for leveling is a few more drops of power / juice / vig. You can (if you have the cash and/or the Cores) make a Mod you already have a little bit better. But it's just as likely that you can only improve some Mod you don't care about (because you only get whatever happens to fall out of some dead guy's pocket). Somehow, it's too removed. It's not satisfying. The current system needs to be tweeked.

I've read several different suggestions as to how this might be implemented. Right now, it's late, and I need to grab some sleep, so I won't try and repeat what they've already suggested. One thing I think is essential is that leveling has to make your warframe and your current weapon better over the course of time. As long as that happens, I don't know that the system by which it happens is necessarily critical (although it will have to be balanced carefully, you don't want to negate the current mod system.) But grinding should produce something better than just random drops and a teaspoon of mod joy-juice.

Yeah the problem i have with this system is that it's really all about the money.

You NEED money to upgrade your mods and make your warframe better, and how do you get money in the game? By finishing missions. You get a few hundred here and there from lockers and enemies but that is really nothing.

So the main point of this new system is just doing missions over and over for the money. The mods will drop and you will get what you want at some point but.... you wont be able to upgrade without that money. And the money for the missions for each planet, as far as i've seen, seem to be set to a specific number which means the upgrading will slow down tremendous when that set amount eventually isnt enough. The number of missions needed to move your mod rank up a bit are going to double, triple, quadruple, etc.

And with all that money being used up i dont even know how people are going to afford making weapons or warframes.

That stuff need to be looked at and tweaked.

Yeah the problem i have with this system is that it's really all about the money.

You NEED money to upgrade your mods and make your warframe better, and how do you get money in the game? By finishing missions. You get a few hundred here and there from lockers and enemies but that is really nothing.

So the main point of this new system is just doing missions over and over for the money. The mods will drop and you will get what you want at some point but.... you wont be able to upgrade without that money. And the money for the missions for each planet, as far as i've seen, seem to be set to a specific number which means the upgrading will slow down tremendous when that set amount eventually isnt enough. The number of missions needed to move your mod rank up a bit are going to double, triple, quadruple, etc.

And with all that money being used up i dont even know how people are going to afford making weapons or warframes.

That stuff need to be looked at and tweaked.

ikr, i think im gonna quit for a few weeks untill this gets hotfixed, i hope it does, its insane the ammount of money required and even worst, the ammount of money you get from......any source at all, its just insane.

Edited by V101

They need to have a basic improvement of weapons per level, nothing like the scale of U6 but some atleast. Like the viper, right now it does 16 damage with 14 clip and 19.2 ROF. If I got 1% improvement per weapon level on that I'd be happy with a cap of 30% at L30, because all of that would be subject to whatever mods I got for it.