Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Experimenting With The New Mod System (Please Read Before Modding!)

xenapan

EDIT: sorry folks! Looks like another update just rendered all this information inaccurate (again) Was doing some further tests with mods and it seems they've VASTLY changed the system again.

a) Initial growth of putting in a single rare mod has MUCH lower impact

b) subsequent growth of putting in a rare mod has much more impact.

XP for initial rare mod (using rare 10 as baseline) has been cut by about half.

Previously the initial rare 10 would give all 5 levels of XP for a common mod (true steel) Now gives 2 levels + 80%. A second gives another 50% of the bar (to rank 3 + 30%) (damn I missed the change to mod all my stuff up to 5 for next to nothing!)

Effects on a common 5 rank mod (true steel)

In rare 10s (cumulative):

1: 2 + 80%

2: 3 + 30%

3: 3 + 80%

4: 4+ 10%

5: 4+ 20%

6: 4+ 30%

7: 4+60%

Uncommons 10s:

1: 1+80%

2: 2+80% (same cost and rough xp gain same as 1 rare 10)

3: 3+10%

4: 3+40%

5: 3+60%

Common 10s:

1: 95%

2: 1+80% (same cost and rough xp gain as 1 uncommon 10)

4: 2+ 50% (same cost as 1 rare. Slightly less xp gained)

Basically costs are more linear. A rare is double the value of uncommon is double the value of a common. Rare = 4 x common.

SO. Rares are back on top, XP growth is now linear instead of ... whatever it was before but initial mod you put in doesn't matter as much. You WILL get more bang for your buck with rares though (now). Yes.. it took a few days. I still expect them to continue tweaking values so I hope this information gets outdated again.

OLD OUTDATED INFORMATION BELOW

Now that fusion costs are back to linear levels (and much more reasonable amounts) I decided to look into new fusion costs and how to save precious credits (and valuable cores).

Basically your best option is to use 1 rare core (as high rank as possible) then as many common ones as possible: Example: Blade storm (ash)

Rare 10 mods ONLY: = 3x (26400 fusion cost)

3rare.jpg

Lets try some other less rare mods with 2 rares as a basis:

Rare 10 mods X2?:

2rare.jpg

Rare 10 mods X2 + 3 commons does the job! (19800 fusion cost)

2rare3common.jpg

Trying 1 rare instead:

singlerare.jpg

Most cost efficient (but takes most mods) 1 Rare + 13 others (19000 fusion cost!!!)

1rare13commonuncommons.jpg

tl;dr

So basically new mod system favors RARE core as an initial XP booster, but after that use low ranking commons and uncommons to "fill up" the rest of the XP to reduce cost.

Edited by xenapan

Isn't it still more efficient to use multiples of the same Mod? Like multiple Blade Storm Mods to fuse it to the highest level? Might be difficult for abilities as they're are, but should be doable with stuff like +Crit% or so, right?

Cars that go to Rank 10 would take SEVERAL HUNDRED duplicate mods to max out. Also, millions. FOR ONE CARD. Think about that, will yah.

Cars that go to Rank 10 would take SEVERAL HUNDRED duplicate mods to max out. Also, millions. FOR ONE CARD. Think about that, will yah.

Several hundred? I have a 5-rank melee damage mod and I fused 4 copies of it onto itself and reached rank 3. Are you implying that the higher ranks with duplicate cards is exponential?

any idea what that Rating thing at the top right corner is~?

its been bothering me that the rating goes Negative everytime we fusion~

Your "rating" is based on the power of the mods you own. Your rating goes down because each mod is worth more unpowered than it is fused into another.

Isn't it still more efficient to use multiples of the same Mod? Like multiple Blade Storm Mods to fuse it to the highest level? Might be difficult for abilities as they're are, but should be doable with stuff like +Crit% or so, right?

Eh very much so but at the start of this update what we DONT have is a huge quantity of new mods. What we DO have is a huge amount of fusion cores. So obviously the intention is for us to use 1 rare, then slowly build up (as I've proven above) the rest of what you build up with doesn't seem to matter too much but I can pretty safely say its better to use 1 rare core before anything else. From what I've seen and understand, the costs are supposed to be exponential. Eg. Level 1 = 1 duplicate, level 2 = 2. (so cumulative 3) by the time you get to 10 thats 1024 of the same mod and that number is soley for the last level. so you would have spent 2047 of the same mod in TOTAL overall to get a mod to rank 10. regardless of how "cheap" it is to fuse the same mod to itself that number is still no easy amount. Most people (at least me) didnt have 2k of each mod at the end of update 6. I came into this new update with 230ish mods (now fusion cores) so its safe to say they "planned" the new leveling system out to last quite a bit longer than the last.