Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pariah: The Gunslinger Warframe Fan Concept [Last Update: Finished And Finalized!]

OscarIsPotato

Finally! An update!

Remember this?

tumblr_mzbja5JsW71rrw6cwo1_r1_500.png

Alright, this is the image that started it all. Looking at it critically iv'e seen some major design flaws. The silhouette is attractive, but the individual parts aren't. Armor looks unnecessarily bulky, and there's not enough western inspired clothing. Also the fact that the colors are mainly monotone.

So I decided I needed to make a v2.0 of this design. I asked the community their feedback, and I got great results.

I made them vote for which designs they like the most out of these 4 sketches.

tumblr_mzf0l3exFy1rrw6cwo2_r1_1280.png

And after that, I designed variable helmet designs, and I discovered I actually liked the new helmet i designed better than the original.

I asked for which helmet should be the default one anyway.

Default                                                Bandit                                                   Justiciar 

tumblr_mzkllt4spN1rrw6cwo1_1280.png

So with that combined feedback, I have finished designing Pariah V2.0

tumblr_n2idmj1jcS1rrw6cwo1_1280.png

"Here's a Rootin' tootin' Corpus shootin' gunslinger at your service pretty lotus lady."

There was some last minute changes that I decided was for the better.

Tell me what you guys think of the final design! Because it was all of you who made it become what it is now. Thank you all for participating on a design concept mind-pool project.

And here's the powers ideas from the combination of minds that have been brainstorming on this topic.

-power 1 Reflector Sphere: Tosses a ball full of reflective matter that warps and any incoming bullets into death lazers of doom.

(Azamagon adds to this idea) 

1) The bullet / projectile that is shot into it, let it pass through like normal (i mean, it shouldn't be absorbed and disappear). Then, make the sphere shoot out energybeams that deals, say, 15/20/25/30% of the bullet's damage, towards each target it zaps. Thus, also remove its damage-cap and let just the duration be its main restriction (That way it can scale way better!). Mods could then act like this:

* Focus increases the damage of the beams

* Stretch increases the beams' targetting range (Also how far away you can place the orb)

* Continuity increases the orb's duration, obviously

2) On top of making bullets/projectiles be reflected, how about meleeing the orb also working on it? Just think of the orb as some form of "kinetic energy reflector". That way he has more flexibility with this ability, increasing the potential fun and creative slaughter you can perform with him! >:)

3) Question: Allies can use it too, right?

4) Question: I guess weapons like Ogris would just count the rocket's initial damage for the beams (instead of the the whole damage with the explosion etc)? Otherwise it'd be quite OP I think

-Power 2 Death Lasso: (Full credit to Azamagon for this idea) The name I temporarily suggested probably gives you a hint that it kinda fits with his western theme ;) What this power would do, is that you throw some kind of energy rope/lasso/projectile or whatever at an enemy target, then it chains towards a set amount of other nearby enemies as well. All the target's hit by it will be stunned for a few seconds and possibly also dragged towards eachother (so they are all really close to one another). On top of that getting stunned and clumped together, they now also share a "deathlink" for a certain duration. When you damage any of the deathlinked targets, the other deathlinked targets also suffer some of that damage done! Say, 15/20/25/30% of damage done is also done to all the other targets. (Think Dota 2 Warlock's Fatal Bonds).

Another idea on top of all that could be that if an enemy strays too far away from the other deathlinked targets, all of them suffer a set amount of damage. However, this causes the stray target to also be freed from the deathlink.

This skill obviously has strong synergy with Reflector Sphere, and also gives him some crowd control. The "stray away breaks the link and deals damage" idea could have some synergy too with One-shot, if it (as I suggested) ragdoll-pushes enemies it hits!

How mods could work on this ability:

Focus - Increases the shared damage done

Stretch - Increases the chaining range, cast range (Stray away-range could be unaffected?) and possibly also the max number of target's that can be targetted

Continuity - Increases the stun duration and the shared damage debuff duration

-Power 3 Showdown (Full credit to Azamagon for this idea as well) When activated all time is slowed down by a certain amount (Say, by 25%). For allies and enemies alike, and even times like the one in Survival! However, enemies that are within a certain (quite huge) range of Pariah are slowed down far more than all others. Example, enemies that are within a 10/12/15/20 meter range of Pariah for the duration of Showdown are slowed down by 50/100/150/200%

Slowed down by more than 100% you say? Well, I'm not talking about a multiplicate kind of slow down, but a divisional one. What I mean is, the 25% slowdown is not simply that everyone moves at 0,75x the normal speed (100 - 25), but rather that they move 1 / 1,25 slower (which would be 0,8x the normal speed). That means that the different slowdowns would be:

50% = 1 / 1,5 = 0,66x of normal speed

100% = 1 / 2 = 0,5x of normal speed

150% = 1 / 2,5 = 0,4x of normal speed

200% = 1 / 3 = 0,33x of normal speed

This slowdown should also slow down all projectiles (including hitscan ones to become visible projectiles maybe?)

How mods could work on it:

Focus - Increases the stronger slowdown effect (not the general 25% slowdown one, that one always remain the same)

Stretch - Increases the stronger slowdown's radius

Continuity - Increases the ability duration

-Power 4 One-Shot: Uses his hard light revolver to produce a wide, linear, but powerful beam that will penetrate through walls and enemies who happens to be in the line of sight. Enemies who happen to survive this shot gets major knockback. Like hitting 2 birds with one stone, maybe a couple of birds if you're good.

The One-Shot alone would be brilliant in hallways, but when you use One-Shot at the Reflective Sphere, it suddenly becomes useful when you or your team are surrounded.
So enjoy the art!

Original Hand cannon concept.
tumblr_mzf0l3exFy1rrw6cwo1_1280.png

Edited by OscarIsPotato

Many new frame ideas are stale and rehashes... but this... 

aside from the one buff, which is in itself still fairly unique, this I can actually see in the game. I want it.

I don't quite understand the last skill, but if it was in the marketplace I'd buy it, because it sounds great. 

also, his 3rd and 4th abilities would probably have to spring from an innate gun built into his frame, like Ash's Blades, just because of the variety presented in primary weapons. 

I like the helmet but the body needs some work. It almost looks like a robe. A more dust cloak look would suit the frame better. Oh my, Phobos drop!

I think its like a poncho or something like that lol, but either way its a coat, robe, poncho-like thing or whatever, I WANT A GUNSLINGER.

There's one thing I want to see come out of any gunslinger type warframe - akimbo pistols firing at multiple targets in multiple directions. We sort of almost see this happening in one of the official trailers with Loki, but it just doesn't happen in game.

In short... this.

Edited by Novocrane

Love the concept, love the art. 

With due respect to your awesome vision and well thought out powers, I would like to propose some alternate ones (the idea behind many of which are to reward precision shooting and selecting high damage non-automatic dual wield sidearms):

1st power: Charge shot

Equipped gun will glow and the next shot (even if it is an automatic weapon) can be charged which will boost the crit chance AND the status effect chance the longer it is charged until both are 100% (only works on one round). When fired, the shot (regardless of level of charge) will auto-target like Ash's shuriken. If dual wielding sidearms, it can target two separate enemies. (Boosting ability increases charge speed). 

2nd power: Energy Bayonet

Description: Energy Bayonet(s) emerge from to whatever weapon(s)  Gunslinger has equipped (or are held in the hand in a tonfa stance if using a bow or shuriken or some other bayonet inappropriate weapon). In addition to modest damage in melee, attacks will give a small amount of energy per hit. In addition, melee kills with the bayonet(s) will guarantee a (supplemental) drop of the ammo-type to which the bayonets are equipped. 

3rd power: Blind shooting 

Simlar to Banshee's sonar, Pariah uses echolocation to detect enemies and allow for precision shooting. This will enable a codex-like ability to see in the dark and enemies will be highlighted, but the catch is that instead of a damage buff per se, hits to different body parts will have special effects: shots to the hand or enemy weapons will result in Loki-like disarm of that enemy. Headshots temporarily blind. Leg/foot will knockdown. Shots to the heart that kill will guarrantee a health orb drop. Fatal head shots would guarantee an energy orb. etc.

4th power: Bullet Dodge -

Pariah enters accelerated reflex and speed state: gets a Volt-like speed buff AND has a proc (increases with leveling up and power increase mods) to auto dodge (with a cool dodge animation) BUT is locked to his secondary weapons. He will auto target the nearest enemy and shoot at it with one hand (the player will still be in control of where the other hand is shooting,  and so can double target the same enemy or simultaneously aim at two separate enemies - if the player is using a single sidearm, Gunslinger will by default use a revolver in the auto-aim hand). Melee attacks will do a kick attack (unless energy bayonets are also active).

I recommend that DE release such a gunslinger frame (with AkMagnus if not already out by then)

Edited by Toe_ma

Thank you guys, Pariah 2.0 will be designed soon based on your inputs. I do admit I was running short on ideas for his abilities. I will definitely take account on your recommendation Disciple, some ideas from your comments were brilliant. (specifically the 4th power)

Still queasy with the special gun that Pariah magically pulls out. Ash's daggers have a way of concealment and has a close range purpose, whilst guns are of use all the time. To me it doesn't make sense to hold an extra gun and not be of use.

Luckily, I have more ideas concerning his special pull-out-of-nowhere weapon coming in for v2.0. Keep the comments rolling!

... and I like your recommendation to implement dual-wielded targeting (your aimed shot guarantees a hit on another opponent) - but what if you are using a non-hitscan weapon (like akbolto)? 

Also, there seems to be a bit of a contradiction in that third power: you claim that it gives you an unlimited clip at the beginning of of your description, but at the end you say that it uses ammo so shoot wisely (do you mean that it always draws from your ammo pool directly while power is active but that there is no need to reload per se?)

For the record, I think that Pariah should have gloves but the pancho should be an exclusive Sandyana to him alone. 

Love the design but the name is sick because it is the same as the name of the lowest caste in Indian society (in India, not America). I know the meaning is cool, 'Outlaw/Outcast' but the other meaning is so wrong in many ways.

Edited by azureazmuth

tumblr_mzf0l3exFy1rrw6cwo2_r1_1280.png

Well, here's what I got for v2.0 so far. I realized how primitive the previous design was. And it didn't feel like it had a sense of unity, so I revamped it. Still choosing which variant should be the final one. The one with everything, just the poncho, the one without the poncho, and the one with less flashy gloves. You guys could choose which one you like the most out of the four.

And here's the powers ideas from the combination of minds that have been brainstorming on this topic.

-power 1 Reflector Sphere: Tosses a ball full of reflective matter that warps and any incoming bullets, multiplying the bullet based on the enemies in the vicinity, and shoots it all back at an instant. It will be destroyed once it takes in a specific amount of damage. (power strength can change how much damage it can take. See picture for clarification)

-Power 2 Petty Thievery: With a snap of his fingers, dead corpses around the area disintegrate and drop ammo for the weapon you are wielding. No point for the dead to keep their jewelry.

-Power 3 Wild Spirit: Gives his dual wielded secondaries an unlimited clip, damage boost, and a heightened rate of fire for a short amount of time, simultaneously aiming at two different enemies at once. If he doesn't have dual secondaries, he will use his hard light revolver that will have identical stats as your secondary. Each successful shot for your aiming hand will mean a successful shot for the other, but if he misses the shot, the other hand misses as well. You still use up ammo, so watch your pockets cowboy.

-Power 4 One-Shot: Uses his hard light revolver to produce a wide, linear, but powerful beam that will penetrate through walls and enemies who happens to be in the line of sight. Like hitting 2 birds with one stone, maybe a couple of birds if you're good.

I was waiting for DE to release a warframe that has powers that can interact with each other, and can be useful in a situation. There are only few warframes that do (loki's decoy and invis for an example, but not energy efficient at all). So here's a warframe that can contribute to a more tactical and utilitarian way of playing the game. The One-Shot alone would be brilliant in hallways, but when you use One-Shot at the Reflective Sphere, it suddenly becomes useful when you or your team are surrounded.

So enjoy the art!

When there's enough votes on which design you like best, I will clean up, finalize and make a color piece of it for your eyes to enjoy.

tumblr_mzf0l3exFy1rrw6cwo1_1280.png

Seriously, there's really no better way to spend my time during the annual warframe crashing season.

DUDE!

WANT WANT WANT WANT

This is some serious badass frame with super awesome skills!

@Toe_Ma You do make a very crucial point about the non-hitscan weapons. I guess his third ability will require more thinking. I mean we can also turn the second projectile shot into a non-projectile and still have the same statistics as the aiming secondary. It just does the shoot animation, the projectile doesn't comes out, but you will make a successful second hit.

And yes, for the third power, he will use up the ammunition in his ammo pool. He just doesn't have to reload. In fact, I was also wondering if he will use up ammunition twice as much when he uses Wild Spirit to push more on that high-risk/high-reward motto. What do you guys think? Too nerfy? or just the right amount of balancing out?

Also the poncho as a sayanada is genius. The original design for his sayanada is adding something cape-like to complete the poncho in his back, but having a backless poncho doesn't make any sense at all in the first place. I just realized all you guys saw from pariah is just his front view so you'd never know.

Alright, I'll get right back to work. Fortunately, Warframe doesn't crash for me anymore (it was PhysX that was doing to doodoo) but I have enough input to make new stuff.