Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orokin Void Exclusive Warframe And Weapons (I.e No "normal" Equivalent)

MetroFallout

Warning Wall of Text ahead.

This idea came to me after farming for Nekros. What if we had to fight a boss in the Orokin Void that's similar to the

Phobos dual boss fight? Imagine two high-ranking members of both the Corpus and the Grineer were scouting the Void on separate occasions and got taken over by the neural sentry. This could open the gates for allowing more Prime parts to be conceivably placed in this new mission set and prevent parts from being hard to obtain by undoing the dilution. There would be a blueprint from the market to craft the special Void key needed to get to the mission using all current keys and would be a Orokin Void Assassination key when complete based on which tier keys you used and which tier blueprint you used. Rewards for the mission would be blueprints for this Void Exclusive Warframe and it's accompanying weapon/s that could also be exclusive to the mission now referred to in the rest of this topic as OVA. Also to alleviate the problems of not getting parts and blueprints for the loot in the OVA, the Forma and Forma blueprints should be removed from the OVA as they take up space in the drop table.

Proposed Tower 1 OVA drops: Weapon/s and Warframe blueprint and some parts

Proposed Tower 2 OVA drops: Weapon/s and Warframe parts

Proposed Tower 3 OVA drops: Weapon/s and Warframe parts

Now this idea doesn't cover the weapon/s and Warframe concept for this mission idea yet but I will include them based

on the reactions for the idea of such a mission from you guys. Let me know what you think.

Edited by MetroFallout

and polarities as well as bonus in the void. 

Which is a good as nothing and not really worth anything gameplay-wise. Primes need bonuses on abilities and stats instead of a polarity which is only worth one forma. And the bonus for voids is a bad joke.

Really, DE is wasting a lot of time just to re-texture a frame.

Which is a good as nothing and not really worth anything gameplay-wise. Primes need bonuses on abilities and stats instead of a polarity which is only worth one forma. And the bonus for voids is a bad joke.

Really, DE is wasting a lot of time just to re-texture a frame.

I'm good with the current Prime system really (*whispers* I farmed every single Prime Frame already). What I'd like is a unique Prime frame with unique abilities.

This idea would also serve as a good temporary solution to the drop table dilution, if DE adds Sabotage, Rescue (shudder), and maybe Spy or Deception in the mix?

That'd be great but there's the small issue of keys being diluted in the drop table though. As for Rescue, we could have a rescue in the void where we rescue a an actual frame (probably Excalibur) with it's own weapon and controlled by A.I.

That's an interesting idea. If they were introduced, I bet they would be called something like 'Arcane Warframes', and ‘Orphic Weapons’. Perhaps players would have to engage remnants of the Sentience in order to collect components!

Better Idea!

Like the Harvester, and Stalker - the Orokin Void should have a random event adversary too. This would prevent the drop tables from becoming diluted, and it would add a bit of exclusiveness to actually owning such rare frames, weapons, etc. Plus, imagine your fighting in a endless defense mission, and all of a sudden a huge angry robot starts attacking! That would be a mission to remember. 

Edited by YourBusDriver

That's an interesting idea. If they were introduced, I bet they would be called something like 'Arcane Warframes', and ‘Orphic Weapons’. Perhaps players would have to engage remnants of the Sentience in order to collect components!

Better Idea!

Like the Harvester, and Stalker - the Orokin Void should have a random event adversary too. This would prevent the drop tables from becoming diluted, and it would add a bit of exclusiveness to actually owning such rare frames, weapons, etc. Plus, imagine your fighting in a endless defense mission, and all of a sudden a huge angry robot starts attacking! That would be a mission to remember. 

Interesting, but an angry robot sounds just like the Harvester though.

• 1 month later...

could you add a couple of frame concepts to the list (one is mine the other is one that deserves to be in there just as much if not more):

1) Scylla

- the written part https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/174230-new-frame-idea-scylla-the-mimic-now-with-link-to-concept-art/#entry2040728

- the drawn part http://ninjawannabe87.deviantart.com/art/Warframe-concept-Scylla-432467351 (there's a link in the written part, but this is for more direct access to the picture)

2) Nereid - https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/175866-nereid-marine-warframe-now-with-100-more-ttgl-18022014/?hl=scylla

this sounds like fun, but if it's gunna be orokin tech, it would have to be top dog over all the other warframes right? pure orokin tech not diluted like the tenno, no infection or anything. oooh! Could be the prototype that was to replace the current tenno, but as the orokin died out, they never were able to make more then one! O.O Possibly have like you said teh sentients, or perhaps Stalkers cohorts? from what i've gathered, Stalker doesn't work alone? either way sounds awsome, but Assassinations are always just that, one hard fight, the 'towers' would come with more people going in after it, solo easiest...so to speak, two harder, three harder still, four 'crap were's the hp orb?"

• 4 months later...