Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Increase Rewards For Slowbies And Stealth.

Mewtiger

Allow tile-sets to spawn rooms that will close on alarm activation. 

These rooms could contain breakable chests that have a chance to drop mods. 

Post stage bonus to affinity for stealth might be nice too.

Addition: Either a hack, or a piece of equipment that sabotages Alarm 

While you're at it take ability-mod drops (Pull, Slash Dash) out of the loot tables and replace them with level 1-5 fusion cores. Or just other mods.

Thank you for your time.

Edit: Posted in stealth feedback thread. To clarify I do not think maps should be 5x bigger just to add these rooms. Make existing chest/locker rooms (including the secret parkour ones) operate by these rules.

EX Mode: Use existing locker/loot room tiles. Allow lockers mod drop chance. Put the "artifact" doodad in one (or all) of these "Stealth Rooms" that guarantees a rare (or just 'a') mod. Allow Thief's Wit to detect these rooms or just this artifact on the map. Limit obtainable mods through this method to mods dropped by enemies of the mission's faction.

Edited by Mewtiger

Pro everything except "chests that have a chance to drop mods" because chests so far are utility.. meaning their purpose is to give you health/energy/affinity orbs and still reward you with credits/ressources when youre at full health/energy. +1 for the rest, would be a nice addition for team/solo play wihtout rushing.

Pro everything except "chests that have a chance to drop mods" because chests so far are utility.. meaning their purpose is to give you health/energy/affinity orbs and still reward you with credits/ressources when youre at full health/energy. +1 for the rest, would be a nice addition for team/solo play wihtout rushing.

If someone's doing stealth right, they wouldn't need health anyway (and potentially not even energy). :-P

Additionally, it's also not really correct to say "chests so far" - breakables in the Void have a chance to drop mods (with a decent chance for rares too, depending on room), it's been that way since U8. 

And I'm still of the opinion that the Void's model should be expanded to the other tilesets. The incentive to explore needs to be something that you can't simply obtain from playing the mission from Point A to Point B. The carrot simply isn't good enough to warrant going out of your way otherwise.

Edited by Taranis49

Translation: Punish anyone who isn't using a bow, and throwing knives or silenced weapons.

Somebody who isn't playing stealth wouldn't lose anything, not rewarding /= punishing.

If you go into the void and are not good at parkour, you don't get the bonus rewards. You are not punished for not having the skill, you just don't get over pay. I think this idea should be a mode not a default that others can que into, as most people would just run-and-gun and screw over the true ninjas(read: unseen assassins).

Edited by Makya

Disagree.  This isn't Metroid.  After the derelict vault hunt, I realized that there is no exploration, just wandering about tilesets.  There are no secrets, no mysteries, no tricky ways to get into secret rooms, just random connections.  "Exploring" actually amounts to running through every room as fast as you can, looking at the connections you already know are there, when you should be focusing on your mission objectives.  It shouldn't be encouraged or rewarded.

Disagree.  This isn't Metroid.  After the derelict vault hunt, I realized that there is no exploration, just wandering about tilesets.  There are no secrets, no mysteries, no tricky ways to get into secret rooms, just random connections.  "Exploring" actually amounts to running through every room as fast as you can, looking at the connections you already know are there, when you should be focusing on your mission objectives.  It shouldn't be encouraged or rewarded.

You'd be feel free not to go through every tileset. You wouldn't lose a thing compared to what you are getting currently.

Other people might actually enjoy stealth or checking every room to find extra stuff. And exploration could be improved down the road, but this first step needs to be taken for that to happen.

The vault is not part of the mission objective as well, nor are the parkour rooms that give rewards, would you ask for them to be removed as they reward the players for doing something other than the mission objective?

The vault is not part of the mission objective as well, nor are the parkour rooms that give rewards, would you ask for them to be removed as they reward the players for doing something other than the mission objective?

In case it was unclear, absolutely.  The vaults in particular were nothing short of mind-bogglingly annoying. 

In case it was unclear, absolutely.  The vaults in particular were nothing short of mind-bogglingly annoying. 

Well that's an opinion. I enjoy them and I even play them nowadays that they rarely give anything worth my time.

Except for the OD treasure room. Seriously, f*** that room.

Then I suggest a compromise.. There should be missions where the vault is the mission then and stealth as well, if detected you Fail the mission, a blend of both ideas.

Well that's an opinion. I enjoy them and I even play them nowadays that they rarely give anything worth my time.

Except for the OD treasure room. Seriously, f*** that room.

Well, yeah, it's an opinion.  This whole forum is discussion of opinions, and this thread is too.  Hardly seems like the kind of thing I should need to explicitly call out.

Then I suggest a compromise.. There should be missions where the vault is the mission then and stealth as well, if detected you Fail the mission, a blend of both ideas.

Maybe, though you're combing two separate issues.  Stealth based missions I don't have a huge problem with, except that stealth in this game isn't anywhere near fleshed out enough for that to be an enjoyable experience yet.  It's the 'exploration' based missions that I have trouble with - as I've noted, running through randomly arranged permutations of 10 room tilesets doesn't much qualify as exploration in my book.  And if you'll remember back to when nightmare had no-minimap mode, wandering around without a very clear goal of where you're going caused quite a bit of a stir around here.

Maybe, though you're combing two separate issues.  Stealth based missions I don't have a huge problem with, except that stealth in this game isn't anywhere near fleshed out enough for that to be an enjoyable experience yet.  It's the 'exploration' based missions that I have trouble with - as I've noted, running through randomly arranged permutations of 10 room tilesets doesn't much qualify as exploration in my book.  And if you'll remember back to when nightmare had no-minimap mode, wandering around without a very clear goal of where you're going caused quite a bit of a stir around here.

I wasn't there when it was a new thing, U11 baby here. Though a lighter system could work, such as you are sent in search of a relic, and you have special equipment to give you general direction, but not a map marker, something that acts more like sonar and you need to gain the correct resonance to find the direction rather than blind searching.

Well, yeah, it's an opinion.  This whole forum is discussion of opinions, and this thread is too.  Hardly seems like the kind of thing I should need to explicitly call out.

Not everything is, but I was referring to the claim that they were all annoying, which is funny considering they are never on your way to the objective.

Personally finding them annoying isn't enough to shoot down a suggestion.

Not everything is, but I was referring to the claim that they were all annoying, which is funny considering they are never on your way to the objective.

Personally finding them annoying isn't enough to shoot down a suggestion.

Suggestion itself is a just another name for a personal opinion.  They carry exactly the same weight.

I wasn't there when it was a new thing, U11 baby here. Though a lighter system could work, such as you are sent in search of a relic, and you have special equipment to give you general direction, but not a map marker, something that acts more like sonar and you need to gain the correct resonance to find the direction rather than blind searching.

That would be an interesting experiment.  I'm not sure I'd enjoy it, but I might, and there's certainly potential there.

I'd certainly be much more interested in that then the original suggestion.  This way, if I decide I hate it, I can simply avoid the mission type and not have to concern myself with it.  Well, not much anyway - DE being DE, they'll eventually give it exclusive rewards, but we all put up with that.  The original suggestion puts this kind of behavior into every game mode, and I wouldn't be able to reliably avoid it because I have no real control over who I get grouped with.

The original suggestion puts this kind of behavior into every game mode, and I wouldn't be able to reliably avoid it because I have no real control over who I get grouped with.

Ummmm, run private and invite friends/clannies.  perfect control over who you run with.

Ummmm, run private and invite friends/clannies.  perfect control over who you run with.

Great solution.  People who want to go slow and stealth can run private and invite.  For public matches, to keep players on the same page as much as possible, we give a single goal:  The stated mission objective.

let's go back a few issues: breakable containers should sometimes drop mods in non-void missions. "loot rooms" full of containers and lockers are utterly useless, even though they are out of the way (I won't say secret, some of them are not). and now that they've changed containers such that sometimes they're only ammo and credits, rather than health/energy/affinity/useful orbs, there's even less of a purpose to break them open. at least in survival missions they sometimes have some extra air. they aren't even guaranteed resources. even if they just made it so that containers had an increased chance of rare resources, that would be fine as well. they'd have a purpose. but extra ammo? not super useful

maybe stealth missions should be an optional feature, like nightmare mode stuff? where you can opt into it, so you and your cell are all on the same page if you're joining a random group. then again, I'm sure there will be people who will troll said groups and alert stuff immediately. or right at the end. but that's why we need this reputation system

Great solution.  People who want to go slow and stealth can run private and invite.  For public matches, to keep players on the same page as much as possible, we give a single goal:  The stated mission objective.

You know, for someone who insists on claiming "opinion", why do you insist on speaking for other people? Unless you're a member of the Royal Family: "We are not amused!". :-P

Also, implied orders and objectives are a thing - ditto for going above and beyond; hell, the latter's actually a criteria for the highest award you can get in the U.S. military ;-)

Edited by Taranis49

Allow tile-sets to spawn rooms that will close on alarm activation. 

These rooms could contain breakable chests that have a chance to drop mods. 

Post stage bonus to affinity for stealth might be nice too.

Addition: Either a hack, or a piece of equipment that sabotages Alarm 

While you're at it take ability-mod drops (Pull, Slash Dash) out of the loot tables and replace them with level 1-5 fusion cores. Or just other mods.

Thank you for your time.

Edit: Posted in stealth feedback thread. To clarify I do not think maps should be 5x bigger just to add these rooms. Make existing chest/locker rooms (including the secret parkour ones) operate by these rules.

EX Mode: Use existing locker/loot room tiles. Allow lockers mod drop chance. Put the "artifact" doodad in one (or all) of these "Stealth Rooms" that guarantees a rare (or just 'a') mod. Allow Thief's Wit to detect these rooms or just this artifact on the map. Limit obtainable mods through this method to mods dropped by enemies of the mission's faction.

I'm game,  Yes this please.