Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Mission Concept] "bot Malfunction" : Special Sabotage

DeadScream

Hi ! 

I just came up with a Corpus mission type, and I would like you to tell me your thoughts about it. 

(TL;DR at the end)

concept

An "open" mission, where you have a map but no waypoint. 

You have to search, maybe split up the team, until you reach your goal. 

the reason for this mission

An informatic virus developped an artificial intelligence in a Corpus ship, and killed all the crew with corrupted MoA's, and eventually a Jackal/Hyena/bothofthem. 

The ship got "alive", and is moving in the direction of a civilian colony with no way to defend itself against this menace. 

That's why you have to stop it. 

You have only 15 minutes before the ship reaches the colony. 

lost

When you get into the ship with your team, Lotus tells you she can't give you the way : the virus corrupted the map of the ship, and she can't tell you where is the generator, the reactor, nor a special console you could try to hack to change the ship's trajectory. 

So you have to make your own way. 

As soon as the AI will detect your presence, it will start trying to stop you. BY ALL MEANS. 

It will start with groups of MoA's in your way. 
It will also sometimes lock a single door right in front of you, and you would have to find another way. 

It would be necessary to destroy every single camera to avoid those sudden locks.

Lotus will only be able to tell you where is the extraction point. Don't expect anything else from her  

-------------------------------------------

if you find the generator room

It will be heavily protected, with lots of robots and a boss. 
As we could put here a Hyena or a Jackal, we could also create a variant of these bosses, able to walk on the walls, to send rockets barrages. 

You could absolutely make your way back and try to escape this boss, to lose him in the corridor and get a better opportunity to destruct the ship. 

Once the generator is down, the ship will not be able to spawn other robots, and will activate the support battery, giving it only the ability to move in the space... 

Maybe to crash on the colony you are trying to save ? 

Then you have to quickly find the reactor. 

if you find the reactor and destroy it - If the generator is not down

The AI will launch the ship's self-destruction to prevent you from escaping. It will spawn again lots of robots and bombs will start to explode everywhere. 
At the end of the 5 minutes count down, it would be game over. 

You'd better destruct the generator first if you don't want to run for your life. 

If the generator is down

Mission complete, you are free to go out with no problem anymore. 

If you find the console - Only works if the generator is up, at any moment in the mission.

A single Tenno can do this. Hack the console to change the trajectory.

Hacking the console would grant 5 more minutes before the ship reaches it's destination. 

--------------------------------------------------------

TL;DR : 

# You have 15 minutes to find and destroy the  >>reactor

# You can prevent the AI from launching self-destruction by destroying the >>generator , heavily protected. (Hyena, Jackal...)

# You can gain 5 more minutes if you hack a big >>console , hidden in the ship, if the generator is not dead yet. 

# You don't know where anything is, except the extraction point when you will be done here. 

# There are only robots, cameras and door locks as enemies.

Edited by DeadScream

interesting but i cant see logic in such thing like lotus cant navigate you and than you can see where extraction is, so its 2 ways for me: 1. You need to hack some sort of console that will disable virus integration and lotus can lead you further 2. You must find extraction wp by your own

Also it would be much interested if every minute that you spend on your searchings will activate new robots in that facility and for example if you spend almost all your time, bosses like Hyena and Jakal will be activated and start hunting you also. I saw already few maps with diactivated Hyena so it would be preety interesting =P

In my mind Lotus can't lead you to the generator (etc) because the virus did hide them, removed their signature from every radar. 

That's why she still can show you the extraction point : it was not here before we came into the ship, and is not something we could use to disable this ship ^^ 

And I really think the bosses should take place near the important targets, in order to make the player know he is not so far from what he is looking for, even if he can't see it on the map.