Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Try At Fan-Fiction About Stalker.

Labcat

Well. I guess here goes:<

Kneeling, I am observing my surroundings.

"I am the Lotus, friend and guide."

She sounds computed, this seems unsafe.

"I see that the crysleep has taken your memory. It does not matter, you're a Tenno, I will prepare you."

Wait, taken my memory. I, newly awoken, do in fact not remember my pre-crysleep, but I do remember that the side-effects of cryosleep does not usually include memory loss.

"How long have I-..." I try and ask her.

"A warframe shows your vital statistics..." She says.

"Tell me how long I have been in a cryosleep!" I, becoming a bit agitated, try and make out more of my past.

Completely ignoring the question, she continues. "This may hurt."

A sudden, painful, burn hits me.

I swiftly pull out my sword, in attempts to retaliate, just to notice that nothing is near.

"Did you do that to me?"

"Your health does not recharge..."

I start to panic, thinking, is she in full control? Can she kill me on command? I've got to get out.

"You did that to me, didn't you? What is this?"

A red sphere pops out in front of me.

"...before we continue." she finishes.

I start too look for exists, but there are none to be found.

She is silent now. It is extremely silent. My panic grows into blant out fear.

What will happen if I stay here? Will she perform experiment on me... "It" perform experiment on me.

Who would create such a evil being? My fear grows, and becomes rage. Rage over how something so blant out evil can exist. I must flee, I MUST survive. I firmly grab my swords, and I start to bash them into the elevator pad.

"Tenno, your actions are unacceptable."

As I continue my rampage, the floor start to stop it's white glow. Instead it is replaced by a grey grid system. I notice a small wedge between the elevator platform and rest. My rage is building even stronger

"Tenno, calm your senses, and stop **bzzt**ng" The voice starts to generate static.

I force my swords into the wedge, and try with all my might to create an exit.

I suddenly hear a faint speaker from below.

"Warning! Unauthorized lifeform detected"

The speaker in this room is constant static now, as I continue to broaden the gap between the elevator platform and this floor.

I look down.

It was a long way up, and now that I'm looking down, it feels extremely high.

I have to jump, for my life, for justice.

I calm myself down, and leap.

As I land, serveral other of these "Tenno" show up, and start firing at me. I take cover, and search for something, something to aid me. Anything.

I find a small grenade. Unlike other grenades, it has no lever, no pin. It is a perfect sphere. As I contemplate over its design, a shockwave stuns me, and I drop it.

A puff of smoke, and the grenade is gone. I realize a fight is inevitable, and I ready my sword, and stand up.

A breif moment passes, and nothing happens. They are not shooting at me, they are not attacking me. Time passes, and I observe, and see nothing of myself, not even my swords.

I'm invisible.

I make a run for it, because here, I am terribly outmatched. I find a ship down some corridors with a socket formed as if made for me. I hack the navigation code, and board it. The invisibilty now drops, and they start to rendezvous nearby, The air-lock closes, and the hatches enclose me.

I'm free.

My adrenaline level lowers, and I focus. I must defend the system from this "Lotus" sect of Tenno's.

I must observe, and retaliate to any crimes performed by them. This injustice will not continue. I will watch them, and wait until the perfect moment to strike.

I set the navigation to go to Mercury. Maybe here I will find answers about me, or find Tenno's to punish.

It is time for the Stalker to return things to the right way.

Edited by Labcat

A few editorial mistakes but I nice stab at the stalkers backstory.

For all we know, that may be an incredibly plausible explanation for his actions against us.

Nice work, keep at it.

Might have been noticed that I do not use proper English sentence buildage, but rather a colourful and expressive one.

I don't really feel this story alludes in any way that the Stalker is insane. Where did you get this idea from? He is skeptical about how this "Lotus" deliberately hurt him. Why would she do this? It's a malicious act. I would think the Tenno who blindly stand through her attack to be the "insane" ones, if we were to use that term.

My reasoning is, that these Tenno have lost their memory in a Cryo-sleep. If they have no memory, then would they remember their training? Their ideals? There may be some residual memories to some degree, but I would imagine this would differ from Tenno to Tenno. The point I make is, the Stalker as we now know him may have seen the true malice in the Lotus' actions, and decided he didn't want to stick around. If his fellow Tenno attack him as he tries to escape, it would be only logical that he either want to protect himself, by clearing some out, or to exact revenge.

Might have been noticed that I do not use proper English sentence buildage, but rather a colourful and expressive one.

Colourful and expressive language is not related to incorrect grammar.

;P

crysleep > cryosleep

I start too look for exists... > I start to look for exits...

blant out fear > blatant fear

Will she perform experiment on me... > Will she perform experiments on me...

Who would create such a evil being > Who would create such an evil being

A breif moment passes > A brief moment passes

Aaaand, that's pretty much all of them. Great work! :D

I don't really feel this story alludes in any way that the Stalker is insane. Where did you get this idea from? He is skeptical about how this "Lotus" deliberately hurt him. Why would she do this? It's a malicious act. I would think the Tenno who blindly stand through her attack to be the "insane" ones, if we were to use that term.

My reasoning is, that these Tenno have lost their memory in a Cryo-sleep. If they have no memory, then would they remember their training? Their ideals? There may be some residual memories to some degree, but I would imagine this would differ from Tenno to Tenno. The point I make is, the Stalker as we now know him may have seen the true malice in the Lotus' actions, and decided he didn't want to stick around. If his fellow Tenno attack him as he tries to escape, it would be only logical that he either want to protect himself, by clearing some out, or to exact revenge.

Colourful and expressive language is not related to incorrect grammar.

;P

crysleep > cryosleep

I start too look for exists... > I start to look for exits...

blant out fear > blatant fear

Will she perform experiment on me... > Will she perform experiments on me...

Who would create such a evil being > Who would create such an evil being

A breif moment passes > A brief moment passes

Aaaand, that's pretty much all of them. Great work! :D

Well, I got the idea from that someone else made a fan fiction, making the Stalker more of a mercenary than an actual Tenno. Also, the Stalker keeps talking about retribution, when he confronts players, and how "they will pay for injustices". That does not seem mercenary like at all to me.

Also, I used the idea of Lotus being an automated system, not something that has been questioned before, but merely obeyed. It is not a likely scenario at all, but it might happen, and what if it happens? I don't think the system would adapt to such degree that it would seem as if it was an actual person. This is a Tenno that, in the fan-fiction, has a condescending view of others. This makes him question things that might seem or be irrelevant.

Also so is it bit of a flick on "What if someone questioned Lotus in the introduction". They might have been trained to obey, but one must assume the possibility of a free will. So yes, just standing there, being attacked, and still obeying, is unlikely in such a scenario when they question the act. It's not the act, really, that triggers the danger-alert, it's the lack of response, the lack of personality, compassion. What would you do if you had just woken up without a memory, and the first thing someone does is to smack you in the face, after, kind of, encasing you. And when you ask why they did it, they talk about how you can be healthy.

This could trigger other fears, that are not so predominant otherwise, like claustrophobia, agliophobia(Well, more sort mastigophobia, of some sorts), cleisiophobia, and others(And yes, I cheated: http://phobialist.com/) this which could make the person react even stronger The actions that follow is that he discovers the other ones, that now are told to eliminate or capture him, and already there wishes some kind of retribution. The aftermath, that is not taken into this text, is that he realizes they are eliminating key-targets of the different factions, and even though he does not group up with niether of the factions, he aids them when the Tenno has planned an assassination. This is noticed that the other factions attack him as well, regard him an enemy. He's really kind of the loners of loners, is my thought.

And about the grammar and spelling. I know cryopod, I did not mean to write crypod. ;p

But otherwise so is my defence that English is not my native language.

Thank you for thinking it was great! ^^

Edited by Labcat