Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Partake In This Hypothetical Discussion:

J-Pax

Right so, they've introduced a new feature which is to pay real live money for in-game currency, and this is leaving a bitter taste in peoples collective mouths, so I'd like you forumites to just partake in this semi-survey.

Please reply with a post in this format, copy and paste if you will:

Warframe only has a Real Life™ currency to In-game currency system, what is your view on this?

(response)

Warframe has a Real Life™ currency to In-Game currency system, but also has a Credit to Platinum conversion? I.e. You can buy platinum for In-Game credits. What is your view on this?

(response)

Just a note for you guys: It's understandable that we may be upset with changes that are made in the game, but whining and moaning is not the way to get it fixed. We need to give decent arguments that explain fully why we feel that way, and more so in a form that the developers can properly read and take notice of - rather than multiple threads going "THIS IS BAD". If we, the customers/gamers, all have the same kind of oppinion about this then we need to show them that that is the case.

Edited by J-Pax

Here's an example, that also happens to be my view:

Warframe only has a Real Life™ currency to In-game currency system, what is your view on this?

Personally I think it's just a really bad way to compensate for the very sharp drop-off in credit income, it's going to put players off of the game because it's making it look like the developers are just money grabbing, and stitching up their fanbase with low credit income and essentially waving a carrot (or bag of credits) on a stick with "But you can have this for your moneys!" written on it.

Warframe has a Real Life™ currency to In-Game currency system, but also has a Credit to Platinum conversion? I.e. You can buy platinum for In-Game credits. What is your view on this?

If they implement a two-way system that allows players to devote their in-game currency into Platinum, it'd make it nicer for those that decide they don't want to pay for new items in game, but would also mean that they would have to save in game rather than saving in real life. This makes the footing equal for the high-disposable income casual players and the (pardon the language XD) No-Life gamers that want their time to be rewarded. This makes the system feel less "pay-to-win" and more "play-to-win" which is what people really want in their games.

Edited by J-Pax

I don't really care. If they want to spend money on something that is easily attainable in-game, by all means go ahead.

This is good. If I wanna get some potatos but don't wanna wait weeks on end, this is fine. +1.

Also adds to the customization factor because everyone would be able to get colors with paying for it.

Edited by austinrelis

DE has to make money somehow.. there is really nothing wrong with Plats to In game currency.

Guild Wars2 does it. There is healthy economy behind it.

The problem I have is price of fusing fusion mods...

I agree with this completely however the credits to plat ratio needs to be much higher than the plat to credits ration.

Just imagine being able to play 20,000 credits for 20 plat to buy a potato, when it costs 35000 plus materials, plus finding the blueprint as is now.

I'd imagine a 5-1 ratio would be rather fair.

But how does this affect DE's Income?

I wouldn't like to see them becoming money grabbing goons like EA, But I wouldn't want to see them go bankrupt either.

Just saying, I didn't pay 100$ for a free-to-play game, just to get an e-peen tag next to my name, and the ability to get a bunch of free-stuff.

I did it to support what appeared to be a wonderful-unique game with arguably some of the best and most efficient game design I have ever seen.

NOW IF/WHEN THEY INTRODUCE A MARKET SYSTEM:

The ability to buy other people's plat, that they themselves purchased with money would be great.

A system like this has lead to a VERY healthy economy and income, while not appearing to be a money grabber.

If people want to get credits for their real-life money, they buy some and sell it to players for a price they deem fair.

Edited by Squidaga

It's pretty simple way to monetize your RL cash into in-game credit. With a new money sink, I think it'll draw some cash for DE. Many freemiums in iphone/android use this method to generate income. It's legit. The conversion rate is a bit awful.

This two-way conversion would be a great boon to many free players but the conversion rate would be 3-5 times higher than platinum>credit to drive players to play/invest in the game to get them.

I find this a non-issue, after getting over my initial knee-jerk reaction. The problem at the moment is the ridiculous nerf in credit income from the devaluation of 1.0 mods. If we had U6's economy, there would be no problem with buying Creds with Pt, and there would be no problem with mod fusion prices either.

This would need some very careful tweaking. It should always be easier to get things like alt-helms or potatoes in-game than it is to get the same items by converting Creds to Pt. It should only be viable if you have more credits than you'll ever need.

My worry is they won't reduce the cost of fusion nor increase the rate of credit gain. The fact they nerfed mod resells worry me about the direction of the game.

Right now however the exchange rate is really really bad. 30 plat for 10k? lol..

Please guys, try to respond in the layout. It's not me being pedantic but the purpose of this thread is to get a general consensus on the two points of having a pure money sink or an optional money sink. You make valid points, don't get me wrong, but this thread is just for the purpose of those two questions.

Black light let's you purchase almost every game play altering item with in game currency, excluding new release items, which are initially real life currency only, and then switch over to in game currency. The only othr things that are real life currency only are cosmetic changes. This is an ideal setup because it means the game isn't pay 2 win. the real life currency is still valuable, and the game doesn't bleed players because they're sick of grinding for weeks on end to get a potatoe that is neccesary for them to enjoy the game properly.

I agree with this completely however the credits to plat ratio needs to be much higher than the plat to credits ration.

Just imagine being able to play 20,000 credits for 20 plat to buy a potato, when it costs 35000 plus materials, plus finding the blueprint as is now.

I'd imagine a 5-1 ratio would be rather fair.

But how does this affect DE's Income?

I wouldn't like to see them becoming money grabbing goons like EA, But I wouldn't want to see them go bankrupt either.

Just saying, I didn't pay 100$ for a free-to-play game, just to get an e-peen tag next to my name, and the ability to get a bunch of free-stuff.

I did it to support what appeared to be a wonderful-unique game with arguably some of the best and most efficient game design I have ever seen.

NOW IF/WHEN THEY INTRODUCE A MARKET SYSTEM:

The ability to buy other people's plat, that they themselves purchased with money would be great.

A system like this has lead to a VERY healthy economy and income, while not appearing to be a money grabber.

If people want to get credits for their real-life money, they buy some and sell it to players for a price they deem fair.

"what appeared to be a wonderful-unique game"

Is it still not wonderful and unique?

:c