Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Is The New Useless Frame?

TrashSpider

As we all remember as old user, we had a tier system that ranked all frames from god to useless/trash.
Vauban being the top of his class while mag being the useless one. But since we went through quite a update since then.
Who the top now? Am not suggesting these are the must have, anyone has the right to play what ever frame they want, I am merely asking who need's the most reworked Cough*Ember,Valkyr *Cough.

Updated tier system, based on the community opinion *new version thanks to SquirmyBurrito

*The new ranking system should be based on how useful each ability is, and the frame survivability, no mods, just their abilities.

As of right now the poll from our "Who Useless" show:

Ash 67 vote
Banshee 19 vote
Ember 11 votes
Excalibur 6 vote
Frost 40 vote
Loki 17 vote
Mag 1 vote
Nekros 19 vote
Nova 2 vote
Nyx 2 vote
Oberon 18 vote
Rhino 2 vote
Saryn 19 vote
Trinity 24 vote
Valkyr 89 vote
Vauban 1 vote
Volt 8 vote

Poll is closed now, since we got a general idea

New Tier system *Thanks goes to MushrooMars

Low survivability:
Excalibro
Ember
Volt
Oberon

Mid-range survivability:
Booben
Ash
Nova
Banshee
Saryn
Nekros
Mag

High survivability:
Nyx
Rhino
Frost
Loki

God-tier survivability:
Trinity lulz
Valkyr I guess

Now skill ceilings

High skill ceiling:
Loki
Booben

Mid-range skill ceiling:
Nova
Ash
Excalibro
Valkyr
Mag
Ember
Oberon
Volt
Banshee
Saryn

Low skill ceiling:
Nekros
Rhino
Trinity
Frost
Nyx

And finally power ceilings:

God tier:
Nova
Nyx

High tier:
Rhino
Trinity
Ember

Mid tier:
Excalibro
Loki
Booben
Saryn
Mag
Oberon
Volt
Valkyr

Low tier:
Banshee
Ash
Frost
Nekros

Survivability defines how resistant a frame is to being incapped, and how independent it is.

Skill Ceiling defines how much a frame benefits from its user's ability to intelligently cast abilities and avoid unfavorable situations.

Power Ceiling defines how much a frame is capable of doing with its powers alone, and how much it benefits from good modding. Also how dominant it is in the early game and how well it scales into the lategame.

Old tier system

nBQcD7A.png

Edited by cryotech9020

Banshee is pretty low, Rhino is probably up near the top now.

Ember still needs reworking, the accelerant ability doesn't seem to great, I use it, and then they die before I can actually hit them with any of the stuff it boosts. Fireball is also bugged in that it can hurt the user.

Edited by Coren024

This sheet is way too outdated, Update 8 maybe.

The top tier right now exists of Nova, Rhino, Loki(cuz masterrace <3) and Vauban.

Mid tier is Volt(2nd masterrace, also useful stun for shock and CC for Overload and support with speed and shield), Frost, Ember, Nyx, Valkyr and Trinity

Low tier is basically the rest, Exalibro, Mag, Banshee, Oberon, Ash(sorry m8), and everyone I forgot to mention.

See now I've built a lot a frames to be not so useless. Trinity, Nyx, and banshee wipes &amp;#&#33; in high tier stuff, with Sonar and max power, you're gettting a +1015% damage bonus, really helps to kill level 200+ stuff, event hough it takes forever to get there.

Frames that have been made useless, no matter how how hard I try: Ember, Saryn, and Oberon. 

Ember is down to one good ability, DE #*($%%@ her up, trading out Overheat for something next to useless; Accelerant.

Saryn's only decent ability is Miasma, an AoE nuke, like we haven't EVER seen before.

Oberon's only "Good' ability is Reckoning, another, unoriginal AoE nuke.

DE srsly needs to reqork some frames.

Edited by KijaJouteh

I guess it depends on the context of how you are using the frame. Nova, for example, would be top tier in group play but not so much going solo. Like Vauban would be top tier infested defense but far less useful against the other two factions.

Dunno, just something to consider.

Hard to say now, as different factions have different weaknesses. But overall. Useless would be Ember(without use of accelerant cant deal proper damage)Loki, Ash and Valkyr,Volt's shield is bad, needs buff like cover him in bubble or make it bigger or give it semi-circle shape. 

All other frames are fun and can be use in different situations. 

NOTE: Volt who used to be anti-corpus is outclassed in this by Frost and Mag now.

Those who say Saryn is bad, try her in Void or Grineer in high levels with Blind rage and Focus. Cleans rooms of enemies pretty easily. And if you formad her add Narrow Minded for even more Miasma damage. Dont underestimate Saryn

Here is my table:

Grineer:

GOD tier:--

High: Saryn, Rhino, Oberon, Nova(never solo, team only)

Situational: Trinity, Frost, Nyx, Nekros Vauban

Low/Useless everyone else.

Corpus:

God : Mag

High : Frost Oberon Rhino

Medium :Volt Nova

Situational: Trinity Nyx Nekros Vauban

Low/Useless others

Infested:

God: Vauban

High: Rhino Nova Excalibur

Medium: Frost Ember Oberon

Situational: Trinity Nyx Nekros

Low./Useless everyone else.

NOTE: I have all frames reactored with corrupted mods and built correctly not in crappy ways. >1000 hours playtime. I knwo what i am talking about. Damage 2.0 ended up as nerf to some frames like Rhino and Nova, while buff to some other frames like Frost.

Sorry loki fans but if you dont have CC from Nyx or Vauban your team will endded up bitten to death with sticks by Napalms and Techs. If you dont use Ult you are just boring invisible guy running around who if falls from aoe damage is problem to revive. 

Edited by Zarlockk

Dont think any frame qualifies for God Tier anymore. Its more of an issue with modding, especially nightmare mods.

as far as trash... Banshee catchin a lot of flak from everyone, as is Ash/Saryn. Valkyr too, but honestly Valkyr is actually very good for skilled and advanced players. Basically Lokis description fits Valkyr now. Rhino is the noob frame now, its the most selfish frame. Seems some dont like Oberon, but hes solid too. Says a lot about this game that Trinity can give close to 30 seconds of invincibilty and no one cares (dont like her at all myself) The elemental frames are all specialized, modding can help cover their innate weaknesses. Mag is a lot better than back in the day, Nyx is basically the same. Excal is still as underrated and overlooked as usual.

want to see what the Lotus has to say (omg hai Rebecca omg)

I would say Valkyr because

hysteria does not put out the damage it should. It has an awkward attack selection and it is slow even with warcry.

Paralysis can be used as utility but it's purpose damage wise I feel is lack luster. You have to pick between allocating your mod points and slots between protection and power. Rage helps but I'm assuming we all don't have it.

I almost want to say Oberon but he isn't terrible if you can get him to rank 30

Edited by Anatolius