169 replies to this topic

#1 Staff DERebecca

DERebecca

Overlord

• Administrator
  • 3539 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:11 PM

UPDATE #11.5 – The Cicero Crisis

Note: This Update contains content, changes, and relevant fixes from PC Update 11.2.0 to 11.5.8

The Cicero Crisis event begins shortly (2:30 PM EST), and is on until Feb 6th 12:00 PM EST!

For more information on the Cicero Crisis event click here: https://warframe.com...4-cicero-crisis

Additions

New Warframe: OBERON – the Paladin Warframe!

Equally adept at healing friends or striking down the enemy. Oberon embodies the balance Tenno are sworn to uphold. Find him today by fighting Vay Hek!

- New Forest Tile set reveal! Within the Cicero Crisis Event node on Earth is a first look at the new Forest tileset!
- Corpus Gas City Expansion.
- New primary weapons: Karak, Penta, Cernos
- New secondary weapons: The Stug, Aklex, Magnus
- New melee weapons: The Magistar, Scoliac, Dual Kamas
- Burston Prime! The Void’s influence has further permeated the Orokin Derelicts… bringing loot with it! Visit The Orokin Derelict Survival missions today to find the Burston Prime!
- The Void’s influence is still strong on the Orokin Derelicts –  and some Prime items have a new home. You can now search Orokin Derelict Defenses for the Sicarus Prime BP, Ember Prime BP, and Boar Prime Receiver!
- Forest Weapon Skin pack!
- Network optimizations for melee and beam weapons added!
- Players can now fully customize their controller layout.
- Trophies are now supported! More information here: https://forums.warfr...hy-information/

Spoiler

Systemic Invasions 1.0 is live!

- Grineer & Corpus now periodically attack star chart nodes owned by opposing factions; if successful, battlefront moves to an adjacent node, otherwise faction "rests" before attacking another node.
- The Infested now truly infest! The faction has vacated the Star Chart and now exists as an Invasion faction! Keep your eyes peeled for signs of Infested threats – they’ll strike hard.
Infestation "outbreaks" will occur at random, with a downtime of 12 – 36 hours between attacks. When a node is under Infested threat, battlefront aggressively moves to all adjacent nodes if invasion isn't successfully defended within a matter of hours. Outbreaks continue to spread until reaching a boss node, which leads to Phorid appearing and occupying that boss's node until the invasion is defeated! This system is undergoing continuous changes - several iterations on frequency of invasions and amount of mission required have been tweaked.

Network Bandwidth Optimizations are here!
Clients are now sending half the data they used to. Host outgoing bandwidth has been reduced by 30-40%.

Lotus 2.0!

Lotus has recently had a major overhaul. Most of her lines have been re-recorded and now sound more consistent across the entire game. Lotus now uses a brand new DSP system to playback her audio files. Her voice has a more dynamic sound that makes use of some digital audio randomization so her voice effect will sound slightly different every time it plays.

Warframe Changes:

Spoiler

Weapon changes:

Spoiler

Changes:

Spoiler

Fixes:

Spoiler

#2 (PS4)ariaandkia

(PS4)ariaandkia

Gold Hunter

• PSN Member
  • 1168 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:15 PM

Nice work.  If you could add known bugs to future patch notes, that would be great.   Knowing what the known bugs are can be important to not getting extremely annoyed since a "hey, we know about these bugs and will be fixing them" is a lot better than complete silence.

Edit:

Also, do we have an exact time of when this goes live?  Is it already live?

Edited by (PS4)ariaandkia, 23 January 2014 - 02:19 PM.

#3 (PS4)lsu4life86

(PS4)lsu4life86

Silver Disciple

• PSN Member
  • 367 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:17 PM

looks like ill be up all night after work!

#4 Staff [DE]Drew

[DE]Drew

Dead Crewman

• Administrator
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:21 PM

Is it already live?

Yes, it is live. 

#5 (PS4)Nilphelan

(PS4)Nilphelan

Silver Novice

• PSN Member
  • 109 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:25 PM

Once step closer to solving this rubik's cube we call Warframe, kudo's to the team pushing this one through for the month of january.

#6 (PS4)ariaandkia

(PS4)ariaandkia

Gold Hunter

• PSN Member
  • 1168 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:30 PM

I see that the well of life was fixed.  Were other skills such as energy vampire fixed in this patch?

#7 (PS4)k1ll1ng5pr33-NL

(PS4)k1ll1ng5pr33-NL

Silver Novice

• PSN Member
  • 139 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:31 PM

Woohoo! Installing now.

SReading some nice fixes.

Edited by (PS4)k1ll1ng5pr33-NL, 23 January 2014 - 02:32 PM.

#8 (PS4)j232000

(PS4)j232000

Gold Initiate

• PSN Member
  • 70 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:35 PM

Is the removal of warframe/specific sentinel abilities from the Transmutation table included in this update?  Didn't see that in the notes, but I thought that happened between 11.0.x and 11.5.8...

#9 (PS4)Xuiryus

(PS4)Xuiryus

Gold Novice

• PSN Member
  • 174 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:37 PM

This is amazing I will literally run home from work to put in a few hours tonight. Simply amazing thank you everyone of the DE team. 

Edited by (PS4)Xuiryus, 23 January 2014 - 02:43 PM.

#10 (PS4)P4NCH0theD0G

(PS4)P4NCH0theD0G

Silver Novice

• PSN Member
  • 103 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:37 PM

It's live in Europe. 100 MB "Title Update" via PSN, then another 485MB in-game Update.

And let me say, the new Marketplace looks wonderful.

First Bug: Cicero Crysis is listed under "operations" as something like :"Lotus/Language/Mission/Forest_..." There's also no Lotus Text or Voiceover when you select the mission, or any info. ;)

#11 (PS4)ASSASSIN_MOO

(PS4)ASSASSIN_MOO

Initiate

• PSN Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:52 PM

Well, I'll be fighting Hey Vek for the next 5 hrs if anyone wants to join lol.  I know Oberon is considered 'mediocre' by the PC community, but I can't help but envision this guy being capable of nice things when geared properly... I've got to try for myself!

#12 (PS4)Xuiryus

(PS4)Xuiryus

Gold Novice

• PSN Member
  • 174 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:54 PM

Well, I'll be fighting Hey Vek for the next 5 hrs if anyone wants to join lol.  I know Oberon is considered 'mediocre' by the PC community, but I can't help but envision this guy being capable of nice things when geared properly... I've got to try for myself!

I don't get off work for another 3 hours but as soon as I get home I'm farming that stag headed hybrid!

#13 (PS4)MatangoMushrooms

(PS4)MatangoMushrooms

Silver Disciple

• PSN Member
  • 374 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:59 PM

According to at least some percentage of the PC community, practically every frame and weapon is either nerfed, OP or mediocre. I've come to ignore most all of what is asserted along those lines.

#14 (PS4)ASSASSIN_MOO

(PS4)ASSASSIN_MOO

Initiate

• PSN Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:00 PM

Hey, by the way, when I (I am assuming all PS4 users) try to access the link regarding clan trade tax, it says ACCESS DENIED. Fix, or redirect elsewhere?

#15 (PS4)ASSASSIN_MOO

(PS4)ASSASSIN_MOO

Initiate

• PSN Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:04 PM

According to at least some percentage of the PC community, practically every frame and weapon is either nerfed, OP or mediocre. I've come to ignore most all of what is asserted along those lines.

Yep, snagged that orokin reactor from the alert the other day, going to get a max aura in him, get the reactor (pardon if it's a catalyst, I mix 'em up) in him, and get to work leveling him on Xini (...tears... Kidding. how the heck am I going to level stuff now?) see if I can't make him a beast. 

Loving nyx right now though.. he's going to have to be pretty impressive to break into my loki/rhino/nyx/mag p lineup.  I don't have a trinity though (yet, despite having all parts built lol), so maybe if I use Oberon I won't know what I am missing in the healing dept.

Edited by (PS4)ASSASSIN_MOO, 23 January 2014 - 03:05 PM.

#16 (PS4)Xuiryus

(PS4)Xuiryus

Gold Novice

• PSN Member
  • 174 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:08 PM

His Hallowed ground and reckoning sound really good to be honest especially on defence missions. 

#17 (PS4)beerninja88

(PS4)beerninja88

Gold Initiate

• PSN Member
  • 54 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:12 PM

thanks for the update DE!

Has anyone tried voids to see if the framerate is playable now?  I'm stuck at work :(

#18 (PS4)MexJ88

(PS4)MexJ88

Initiate

• PSN Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:32 PM

Having a hard time updating.The game won't update and the support page for update support is for pc only...

http://i297.photobuc...580538935_n.jpg

#19 (PS4)coolpattak

(PS4)coolpattak

Silver Initiate

• PSN Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:33 PM

Who let the dogs out?  Woot woot

#20 (PS4)beerninja88

(PS4)beerninja88

Gold Initiate

• PSN Member
  • 54 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:41 PM

Having a hard time updating.The game won't update and the support page for update support is for pc only...

http://i297.photobuc...580538935_n.jpg

Click here

https://warframe.com/zendesk

Then click the PS4 icon to login, then it will kick you back to the main warframe page, so scroll down and click the support link or just paste the link again.  Then in the top right corner click "submit a request".

Oh also there is the obligatory "Have you tried turning it off and back on again" <3 IT Crew