Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Ogris Should Look Like. (Possibly)

taiiat

been meaning to post this for a long time. obviously this is opinionated, but i felt mentioning my concept for this.

qZ968tB.png

(Disclaimer: this Concept Art is Mynkis', i am simply flushing it out more)

1 - this cylinder would spin up when charging Ogris. sparks would periodically pop out of the gap between the cylinder and the area around it.

once Ogris is fully charged, the orange part around it would glow.

this cylinder would also be the 'Magazine', and what you'd reload. which would entail removing the Cylinder and replacing it with a new one.

2 - similar to #1, minus the Magazine feature, and possibly the glow if it would be distracting to have multiple points glowing.

3 - these smaller cylinders would extend out as Ogris is charged up.

4 - this is a split point where the weapon would be splitting in thee different parts as Ogris charges.

4.1 - (excuse my terrible artistic skills) to give more of an idea of what i'm talking about, i attempted to create what i imagine the front side of this to look like. marked in red are the spots where the weapon would split.

4.2 - i tried to further explain with a simple diagram. imagine the weapon as a upside down Y in it's general shape. so the bottom 'arms' would separate from the center as it charges.

which ideally would basically look like the weapon is growing in size, as the two 'arms' parallely expand from the weapon. 

5 - exhaust ports. when firing, and when reloading, there would be puffs of smoke and/or bits of fire with a few sparks coming out of these ports.

when you fire Ogris, the arms would collapse back to their original position. the cylinders would stop turning. the smaller cylinders would collapse back into the Weapon. 

alternatively, for Fig.3 - the smaller Cylinders could retract in when charging, and be extended normally. 

hopefully i've aptly described what i'm envisioning, and i'm not the only one that is seeing something truly awesome as a result of all this talk.

edit:

6 - after someone pointing out the possibly illogical Magazine, i only a few seconds after noticed a section that looks almost perfectly like a 'box of rockets'.

what it looks like there, is a box surrounded by a cage there, the 'cage' being the green parts as the outside of the chassis. this 'box' would contain the rockets, and have a convenient handle on the end.

reloading could consist of flipping the weapon forwards so the back end is sticking up, pulling the box out, and replacing with a new one.

this as an alternate to my original 'Magazine' thought.

Edited by taiiat

You should clearly mention if this art is yours or not. As it stands, I get the feel it isn't (notably because of your diagrams...x) )

But yeah, it looks cool :D

Pretty sure it's a DE concept. 

Not quite certain how relevant it is to suggest to the creator of a concept his very concept. 

You should clearly mention if this art is yours or not. As it stands, I get the feel it isn't

you're right, it isn't. it's one of Mynkis' Concept Arts. i hadn't thought about credits, i'll certainly add that.

certainly not trying to take credit for it, just flushing out ideas ;)

Edited by taiiat

Since this is a weapon that shoots rockets, where do you load them? Rockets are pretty sizable. Shouldn't there be a large magazine or drum hanging off or poking out from somewhere there? (ie. the Penta)

my thought would have been that what i chose as the 'magazine' would be like a tank of Detonite, and the Launcher pulls it from the tank and uses it in the firing sequence. possibly even shooting a 'projectile' of pure Detonite? hehe. certainly plausible if Detonite is similar to Nitroglycerin.

edit:

there's also certainly some leeway on accuracy for that, since we pull Magazines, bullets, grenades, and everything else out of thin air anyways.

edit2:

standby, i just noticed a part that would fit well as a Magazine.

Edited by taiiat

been meaning to post this for a long time. obviously this is opinionated, but i felt mentioning my concept for this.

I friggin LOVE this!

This is beautifully wicked and has nice lines.

Edited by Ronyn

• 1 month later...

i'mma just bump this.

and that sack that was in the original concept art for Torid should be put back.

honestly, i think that ruksack (such pun) looked nasty on that Concept. didn't fit the design if you ask me. Grineer / Infested Weapons, one is very grotesque fabrication that doesn't seem to use Cloth ever, and Infested... would never use anything but flesh.

Since this is a weapon that shoots rockets, where do you load them? Rockets are pretty sizable. Shouldn't there be a large magazine or drum hanging off or poking out from somewhere there? (ie. the Penta)

Two words - Tank missile.

Two words - Tank missile.

to get scientific (wrong thread if you didn't want to! :D), that sort of result is only comparable if the explosive filler is far more 'advanced' than the Armor of the Tank is. resulting in the pressure wave that small device creates would be significantly enough to shred the Armor of that Tank who's Armor materials are woefully inapt to resist the pressure wave.

Do you have a picture of this without your additions?

it's in the Codex, Concept Weapons page... 3 i think?

now you can have a picture the exact size you want :p

edit:

yep, page 3.

Edited by taiiat