Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe: Terra

Serialkillerwhale

Female: (Cuz we need an actual female "tank")

Role: Tanky CC Frame

Lotus's Blurb

This is Terra, the guardian.

Terra is a defensively oriented warframe, with highly disorienting abilities. Shockwave sends out a wave of force, knocking back all targets infront of Terra, while Boulder launches a mass of whatever surface is avaliable as a high velocity projectile, dealing light damage, which can be amplified with aim, Stoneheart increases Terra's mental and Physical power at the cost of speed. Hold on Tenno, for Upheaval causes a powerful localized earthquake, rendering almost all enemies affected by it helpless, and open for attack..

Terra can either focus on rendering the enemy helpless, or increasing her power, range mods increase the area of affected and enemies targeted hit by Shockwave, Boulder, and Upheaval, while Power Strength increases Boulders Damage, and more importantly, increases terra's damage dealt, durability, and increased casting ability when using Stoneheart. In either role, terra will benefit from both power efficency and duration mods.

Stats:

200 HP

400 Shields

300 Armor

175 Power.

Normal Base Speed.

Polarities:

19px-Bar.pngAura

17px-D.png1

17px-D.png2

Abilities only work while on the ground, obivously.

Shockwave: 25
Terra sends a wave of force through the ground, causing all targets hit to take light damage and be knocked back. Does 2.5/5/7.5/10 damage and has a 60/90/120/150 degree blast that goes 15/20/25/30 meters and knocks back, large radius is balanced out by nonexistant damage.

The spamable knockback CC, bread and butter.

Boulder: 50
Terra either grabs a large chunk of earth manually or telekinetically, whichever is more popular, and sends it at the target, dealing high impact to all targets in it's way before exploding on impact with the ground, knocking enemies back.

Does 200/300/400/500 impact damage to targets impacting the rock, which gets bigger with power range, and the explosion does another 200/300/400/500 blast damage, note that getting both to hit someone is very difficult. Explosion also gets bigger

Throwing a big rock? Who wouldn't want to?

Stoneheart: 75

Terra charges herself with energy, becoming immune to crowd control, gaining increased power strength and range by 6.25/12.5/18.75/25%, as well as her melee damage by 25/50/75/100% and damage resistance by 12.5/25/37.5/50% She however loses 80/60/40/20% speed Lasts 7/12/15/20 Seconds

Supermode, plain and simple, either use to make Terra beat the crap out of things or throw enemies around with abilities.

Upheaval: 100

Terra creates a localized earthquake, staggering and knocking down enemies for a long duration, low damage, but extremely powerful CC ability. Lasts 15/20/25/30 seconds with a 30 radius

Note that terra has just enough to use stoneheart+upheaval, which is the point. Terra's main weakness is her lack of damage aside from stoneheart buffed melee, as even Boulder, her only damage ability, is relatively weak without "Sweet spotting" it so that both impact and blast portions are dealt.

I'd say this is the 3rd lowest damage of all warframes ability-wise, right after loki and trinity.

HELMETS:
Monolith Helmet:

Igneous Helmet:

Edited by Serialkillerwhale

Stats:

200 HP

400 Shields

300 Armor

175 Power.

Normal Base Speed.

Sounds a bit too strong. If it's that much of a tank it needs to be as slow as frost and rhino, if not slower. With a big shield capacity and almost doubled the armor of frost and rhino (on par with valkyr who has only 150 shield mind you) I'd stay its too strong stat wise. It also has more power value then all three of the tank classes and better stats.

Edited by HandsOfnArtist

First off, Terra is practically the only "Geokinetic" themed name I can think of that isn't just plain "Geo". Gaia is more of a nature name.

If you got a better name, feel free to suggest one.

Secondly, the higher than average base speed for a tank is to make up for her stoneheart's speed debuff on her, in order to actually "Tank" she has to keep her speed at a constant 0.8, a whole 0.1 lower than rhino or frost, she also has lower shields and hp, giving her a total EHP (Effective hp) of 400 to Rhino/Frost's 489 and Valkyr's 600. That 100 less hp adds up doesn't it?

Terra200x(1+300/[300+300])=400

Frono300x(1+190/[190+300])=489

Valkyr300x(1+300[300+300])=600

Third, her shields are 400, instead of 450, once again, making her less tanky than the others.

Despite her high armor, she's actually less durable.

The key "Achilles heel" is the lack of damage, Shockwave and upheaval are both very low energy-to-damage ratio. And this isn't the first time two frames had cloned abilities (Rhino/Excalibur's 1 anyone?)

Unheaval's meant to last 30 seconds, and keep everyone stunned that long, but doesn't work on bosses and does nearly no damage (I'm thinking 300 for an ult). I'd compare it to "Radial Disarm" more than "Sound Quake" if it wasn't for the special effects.

First off, Terra is practically the only "Geokinetic" themed name I can think of that isn't just plain "Geo".

Non-metalic mineral based names

Silica

Jade

Basalta

Gniess

Shale

Breccia

Aphanati

Calcera

Komatii

Tufa

Geology based names

Rift

Faultline

Tecton/Tecta/Tectine

Rayleigh

Crust

Quarry

Xenolith - my favourite. It refers to a fragment of ancient rock, which I think suits a stone based Tenno immensely.

That's exactly what i've been trying to avoid, sorry.

Gaia would be more of a plant frame.

Colors would be

Primary: Slate Gray

Secondary: Dark Brown

Tint 1: Light Gray

Tint 2: Not many warframes actually use tint 2 -_-

Energy: Orange (Magma-like cracks on skin).

No offense.

EDIT: Anyway, I've added the possibe ALT helmets.

Face should look something like this.

am8svFT.png

I just cropped WoW's Deathwing's chest.

Sounds a bit too strong. If it's that much of a tank it needs to be as slow as frost and rhino, if not slower. With a big shield capacity and almost doubled the armor of frost and rhino (on par with valkyr who has only 150 shield mind you) I'd stay its too strong stat wise. It also has more power value then all three of the tank classes and better stats.

Yes my thoughts exactly the stats are too high and down balance out

I've been over this -_-

400 EHP and 400 shields as opposed to 487 EHP and 450 Shields.

Can you put an unranked stat with your maxed stats keep in mind that all unranked frames never had both their shield and health be over 100 and valkyr is the only frame with 300 armor and thats because she has the least sheild and has to rely on health more, armor only applys to health

Edited by Sasoka

Can you put an unranked stat with your maxed stats keep in mind that all unranked frames never had both their shield and health be over 100 and valkyr is the only frame with 300 armor and thats because she has the least sheild and has to rely on health more, armor only applys to health

You haven't even read what I said did you?

Look at how armor works, it's to make up for having 200 hp instead of 300.

I could have just said 300 hp and 150 armor or something else like that. I picked something cooler looking instead.