Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shield Warframe. Wyldon

Revel72

Lore:

Known from art of defending Wyldon focuses on defending certain units or himself creating Area on effect blocks or shields to himself or allies. While able to be extremely mobile Wyldon is known from defensive role on warfare blocking even Orokin laser traps and warframe can take even a grenade to face without taking a hit.

Introducing: Wyldon

Tenno this is Wyldon your shield and rescuer. Designed defensive combat clearing out incoming fire and allowing sure mobile cover for allies in name of Tenno. Remember Wyldon only wears his trusty shield as melee weapon

Shield toss/Lend a shield :

Wyldon activates his shield and tosses this towards an enemy on hit enemy will be knocked on this back and receives physical damage. Shield will rebound on other enemy then returns back to Wyldon. Targetting on ally Shield toss gives ally temporal damage protection shield.

Covering Block:

Wyldon creates a cover what blocks movement of both allies and enemies also works as cover to both for short time or until it is destroyed by taking too much damage.

Protect and serve:

Wyldon activates shield for a moment. All incoming frontal damage will be blocked and nullified by the shield. While on this mode Wyldon moves faster and pulls out the secondary weapon order to shoot from side of the shield.

Starlight Shield

Wyldon throws shield at aimed dead ally reviving this back to battle. Ally will be revived on 4 seconds and receives a damage and crowd control shield for short time.

Stats:

Health: 225 (+ 7,5/ at every third level. Total is 300)

Shields: 225 (+ 12.5/ at every third level. Total is 350)

Armor: 200

Shield regeneration: 35

Sprint speed: 0.9

Energy: 125 (+ 2.5/ at every third level. Total 150)

Skill set stats:

Shield toss/Lend a shield:

Damage when thrown at enemy: 100/300/500/700

Damage protection shield when thrown on ally: 150/225/300/375

Damage protection shield duration: 5/7.5/10/12.5

Cast range: 7/8/9/10 in-game meters.

Energy cost: 25

Covering block:

Object wideness: 1/2/3/4 in-game meters

Object height: enough that allied Tenno can climb over it.

Object health: 350/425/500/575

Object life time: 10/12.5/15/17.5 seconds.

Cast range: created right in front of the caster.

Energy cost: 65

Protect and Serve:

Movement speed bonus: 15/20/25/30%

Shield raised duration: 8/10/12/14 seconds.

Movement speed bonus duration: 7/9/11/13 seconds.

Energy cost: 100

Cast time: 0.8 seconds.

Starlight Shield:

Revive the dead ally time: 4/3.5/3/2.5 seconds.

Damage protection shield: 400/475/550/625

Crowd control resistance and Damage protection shield duration: 6/7/8/9 seconds.

Energy cost: 120

Cast range: 1/1.5/2/2.5 in-game meters.

Animations and Lines:

Shield silent kill when running:

If Wyldon is running towards the target from behind and you press E Wyldon will slam down the enemy to neck and head sending enemy forward on this stomach then leaps and chops the head off with side of the of shield.

If while jogging towards target:

Wyldon impales target's back with the shield that shield comes through partially.

If you are crouched behind a target:

Wyldon sends enemy high in the air then slashes in to two pieces with the shield's side.

Lines:

As ally is finally revived from death;

Lotus: "<insert warframe's name> You are up now get back to fight" or Wyldon's sound file: "<insert warframe's name> On your feet soldier! WE ARE LEAVING!"

Things to remember on skills:

Shield toss/Lend a shield this is not homing ability or instant travel an enemy who runs in front of the shield will take the blow and you will need to pick up the shield. If ally goes behind a wall shield will not be given to this also if enemy gets in the way.

Stance animations:

Default: stands still like a soldier. Time to time checking ammo on mag and shield's health.

Noble: throws shield high in the air and stands on his hands.

Agile: knocks on the shield hard like taunting somebody.

Edited by Revel72

So is his name Wyldon or Cento?

When I saw this. I was just "You don't! Aw!" Well F*** me and my mistakes what I make... I will be fixing it then leave this thing behind for a moment.

First ability is very strong. A bit too strong.

Everything else sounds really cool.

Hmm... Well I can a bit switch places of skills to give a reason to give it a bit more higher price of energy. I know it is strong. It doesn't give any damage buffs and forces you to use only sidearm. Also you have only shield melee weapon. So I think that should be a good trade off. What do you all think? Is it good trade or is it too good?

Hmm... Well I can a bit switch places of skills to give a reason to give it a bit more higher price of energy. I know it is strong. It doesn't give any damage buffs and forces you to use only sidearm. Also you have only shield melee weapon. So I think that should be a good trade off. What do you all think? Is it good trade or is it too good?

The tradeoffs aren't too good. Pistols are much more powerful than primaries in Warframe, and that coupled with increased mobility will make Wyldon extremely powerful at late game.

So i think maybe , Protect and Serve - ultimate - 100 energy , Shield Toss - 25 energy , Covering back - 50 or 75 energy and Starlight shield - 100 energy (yes it will be 100 since if that teammate doesn't have revives and he is needed it could change the fight against large group of enemies and bosses) as for tradeoff I'm not sure as said sidearms can be more deadly then primaries

and as for the idea ... i like it :)

Edited by Shinzo.K

The tradeoffs aren't too good. Pistols are much more powerful than primaries in Warframe, and that coupled with increased mobility will make Wyldon extremely powerful at late game.

Matter of sidearm consern this will be. Understood. Well what else warframe has not been powerful at late game?

So i think maybe , Protect and Serve - ultimate - 100 energy , Shield Toss - 25 energy , Covering back - 50 or 75 energy and Starlight shield - 100 energy (yes it will be 100 since if that teammate doesn't have revives and he is needed it could change the fight against large group of enemies and bosses) as for tradeoff I'm not sure as said sidearms can be more deadly then primaries

and as for the idea ... i like it :)

It is Covering Block for a moment I was distracted. I will make changes now then.

I'm not so sure about that last one, it seems a bit out of place. If it were me I would put in a shield ground slam that would work like Rhino's Stomp. A lack of AOE usually makes it harder for a warframe to survive, shields or not.

Go play with your Rhino. There is enough AoE skills on this game.

So... It is a riot guard? Oh, give me a moment, I forgot I have my cynical day, let's try it again.

So it is MacGyver vs. Captain America. And most of the time he is throwing around his shield as it seems to have soaked up his MacGyverness and can be used as boomerang, magic distant energy shield doohickey and remote defibrillator UFO. Honestly, I would rethink skill 1 and 3. Also, from a technical standpoint, the first skill is inconsistent (damages enemy on hit but buffs ally, what is this magic trickery??) and with allies and enemies running all around the place, you will not hit what you wanted to most of the time -> unresponsive -> not fun.

The fourth skill seems interesting, but I would degrade it to skill 3.

The second skill... It is hard to imagine how it would look like, but okay. But there should be a timer on that wall, so it will disappear after X seconds. Just imagine a troll that is casting that wall all the time and actively hindering his allies movement...

So... It is a riot guard? Oh, give me a moment, I forgot I have my cynical day, let's try it again.

So it is MacGyver vs. Captain America. And most of the time he is throwing around his shield as it seems to have soaked up his MacGyverness and can be used as boomerang, magic distant energy shield doohickey and remote defibrillator UFO. Honestly, I would rethink skill 1 and 3. Also, from a technical standpoint, the first skill is inconsistent (damages enemy on hit but buffs ally, what is this magic trickery??) and with allies and enemies running all around the place, you will not hit what you wanted to most of the time -> unresponsive -> not fun.

The fourth skill seems interesting, but I would degrade it to skill 3.

The second skill... It is hard to imagine how it would look like, but okay. But there should be a timer on that wall, so it will disappear after X seconds. Just imagine a troll that is casting that wall all the time and actively hindering his allies movement...

Your name and your text is so matching... That it causes me a head ache but...

I do can add some reality on it. Hold on.

I have to say this is pretty much support and defense warframe. Nearly forgot to mention Object life time is the amount how long it exists at the field.

Edited by Revel72

Have some painkillers.

The fourth skill I'd degrade to 3 was already skill 3 (protect and serve), so pardon me.

But still, strange UFO shield is strange.

"You sir are the pain but I got a painkiller" *takes rocket launcher* I guess some of us may know where this quote is from.

Actually seeing shield making pinball around grineers would be a funny sight. Let's think a moment about it. :3

Edited by Revel72