Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Warframe Concept; Visage The Ethereal Frame [Under Construction]

CoreBr3ak3r

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. However, all too long has she heard this, countless Tenno fallen and hundreds more collected by the Grineer. Unfortunately, she was one who was captured by the Grineer, locked away in her cryopod;incapable of avenging her slain comrades."

Name: Visage

Assassin;

Visageconcept2_zps2e4632c2.jpg

Inquisitor;

IMG_0189_zpsdce7d688.jpg

Crimson Knight;

Back and Left Side:
026_zpsbfa7b0cc.jpg

Concept picture full body (edited);
024_zpsd2f7d4dd.jpg

Infiltrator;

IMG_0183_zpsc946d063.jpg

3 Helmets and view of hands;

057_zps43348e2a.jpg

1st helmet

The Valkyrie Helm

Grants an increase in damage but increases energy consumption.

2nd Helmet

Spring Leaf Helm

Increase in Sprint Speed but reduces Shields.

3rd Helmet

Cannonier's Helm

Increase in Shields but reduces Stamina Regen Rate.

Base Stats
Health; 100.0 (300.0 at rank 30)

Power; 150.0 (225.0 at rank 30)
Armor; 80.0
Shield Capacity; 100.0 (300.0 at rank 30)

Stamina;100.0
Sprint Speed; 1.2

Abilities;

1.) Etherial Calling;

Cost; 25 Energy

Aerea raises her hand into the air calling down a pillar of light that surrounds her, knocking back enemies, damaging them and stunning them for a brief period of time.

Damage Unranked; 50

Damage Rank up; +10/ +20/ +30/ +35/ x2

Alt. 1 Ability;

1.) Isolated Barrage;

Cost; 25 Energy

She raises her hand whilst facing an enemy, open palm, encasing the enemy in a rectangular stasis field. This field, when fired upon deals damage to any enemy nearby the stasis entrapped enemy.

2.) Maser Shot:

Cost; 50 Energy

Visage rapidly releases densely compressed spheres of Ether in front of her that knockdown enemies in their path.
Number of spheres (Unranked); 3 [NW, N, NE]

Number of spheres Ranking up; 4/ 5/ 6

Alt. 2 ability;

Varios Wing;

Cost; 50 Energy

IMG_0191_zps612a7b6e.jpg

Visage releases a low pitch frequency into the air around her arm, creating small instances of sonoluminescence. However, they are maintained in bauble like states via stasis. She then flings those baubles at an enemy or group of enemies, releasing stasis transforming them into a wave of light that knocks back and slashes through enemies.

NOTE; Holding 2 down increases the charge and releases a bigger wave once released.

Unranked; 100 dmg/ 50 slash damage per sec.

Rank 1; 200 dmg/ 55 slash dmg per sec.

Rank 2; 300 dmg/ 60 slash dmg per sec.

Rank 3; 400 dmg/ 65 slash dmg per sec.

NOTE 2; Slash damage is introduced into the attack due to the fact that Heavies and bosses cannot be OHKO'ed

3.) Invasive Retaliation;

Cost; 75 Energy

IMG_0193_zpsee7858bb.jpg

IMG_0194_zps0bb1ac89.jpg

IMG_0195_zps491c04a2.jpg

Visage takes a nearby enemy and turns them into a ticking timebomb by imbuing them with an immensely volatile aura. She then sends the enemy flying back into a group of enemies which then causes an explosion, taking out all enemies caught within its epicenter.
Delay between insertion and explosion; 10 sec

Delay for Rank up; -1 sec/ -1.5 sec/ -2 sec/ -2.5 sec/ -3 sec

4.) Ascended Stance;

Cost100 Energy

IMG_0192_zps554b4401.jpg

Visage forms a fluid shield around her which then absorbs damage. However, Visage then takes in and absorbs the shield around her converting any damage dealt to the shield as an increase to damage that she deals over a period of time.

Shield Duration Absorption + Powered up Damage Duration:

Duration Unranked; 3 sec/ 5 sec
Duration Rank up;6 sec/ 8 sec I 9 sec/ 11 sec I 12 sec/ 14 sec

Possible Other Abilities;

Transmission;

Visage steps forward, utilizing the ether around her as a method which enables her to transmit herself into a distant location, instantaneously.

Advent Sheer;

Visage, utilizing excess reserves of ether, releases ether that then stuns enemies for a brief period of time, freezing them in place/ pose alike.

Backlash;

Reflexively, Visage whips her arm around releasing a wave of ether knocking back any nearby enemies caught in its epicenter, dealing damage.

Severance;

Aerea fires off an intensified wave of ether which damages and/ or decapitates, those still standing after the attack take heavy slash damage over time.

Conduit;

Visage leaps forward into an ally’s incoming attack. Converting her shields, at first, she then takes the attack, imbuing it with ether, amplifying the attack. Visage drains her shields in the process of using.

Seeking Scorn;

Recalling the events of her fallen comrades, Visage raises both her hands into the air, creating an intensely unstable sphere of ether which, for a given period of time, releases smaller spheres which then fly off seeking any enemies within it’s given radius, enveloping them in ether, disintegrating them.

Sphere of Retaliation;

Visage channels hidden reserves of ether to create a barrier over an area that surrounds her and any ally(s) that are nearby her. This barrier does not only act as a form of defense. Weapons that are fired from within the barrier force it to emit and create projectiles from whatever weapon was fired, outside of the barrier.

Further Explanation of Abilities;

In regards to Ascended Stance, what Visage releases is a small stream of nanites which go and spread out around her, forming a shield. However, the way they behave is much like that of a swarm of birds, bees, etc. They seem to resemble fluid to the naked eye and in turn it looks like a silverish fluid. However, damage done to them is then analyzed calculated and a secondary swarm comes out, depending on the duration, more analysis and more adaptation but that is for the nanites which then return into the frame. After having returned the analyzed data is then processed by the suit and then amplifies the strength of the use, augmenting it. However, the larger amount of power it is able to analyze and adapt to the more the user can utilize the amount of strength. Although, in order to make sure that the amount doesn't overwhelm the user it slowly degrades (via the reason for duration, permanent augmentation is too much and could prove lethal to the user). Remember the philosophy, too of much of a good thing can kill you.

Edited by CoreBr3ak3r

Sorry but, all the abilities you listed seem kinda useless. Or at least inferior alternatives to abilities that other frames already have. Like, 1-3 are immediately made obsolete if you have a Trinity in your squad that can keep Blessing up. And her 4th is just another AoE damage ability with a twist.

Art was kinda cool though!

Sorry but, all the abilities you listed seem kinda useless. Or at least inferior alternatives to abilities that other frames already have. Like, 1-3 are immediately made obsolete if you have a Trinity in your squad that can keep Blessing up. And her 4th is just another AoE damage ability with a twist.

Art was kinda cool though!

I agree that when you compare the abilities to a trinity, people will pick the trinity or even the oberon for that matter. I believe that a way to fix this problem is to add more unto the abilities to show a difference between the Trinity and the Oberon and Aerea. How you would do this CoreBr3ak3r I do not know but I do know that DE thought the same thing when making the Oberon. "How do we make the Oberon a healer without making it useless compared to the Trinity?"

The art was very good and I see how it's supposed to be relevant to the abilities used. All you have to do is find ways to make the abilities good without making them unbalanced.

Edited by lMasterBetal

Alright, i reworked her abilities and changed their names a bit:

1. Essence Call; Aerea whistles causing enemies around her to freeze for a given period of time.

Duration Unranked;10 sec

Duration Rank Up; + 1.5 sec/ +2.0 sec/ +3 sec

2.  Maser Coil; Aerea focuses Ethereal energy then dashes over to an enemy and pushes them away with telekinetic force.

Distance Travelled Unranked; 5m

Rank Up; 10m/ 15m/ 20m

3. Invasive Deterence; Aerea telekinetically pulls over a nearby enemy or ally and proceeds to imbue them with an celestial aura and proceeds to kick them away. Afterwards the aura dissipates pushing back anything closest to whatever was imbued. (Deals no damage)

Delay between insertion and explosion; 15 sec

Delay for Rank up; -1 sec/ -1.5 sec/ -2 sec/ -2.5 sec/ -3 sec

4.   Ascended Stance; Aerea forms a fluid shield around her which then absorbs damage. However, Aerea then takes in and absorbs the shield around her converting any damage dealt to the shield as an increase to damage that she deals over a period of time.

Duration Unranked; 3

Duration Rank up;6 sec/ 8 sec/ 12 sec

Her first ability is a bit long in my opinion. Her second ability is kind of useless. Banshee's sonic boom would do the same job better, because sonic boom isn't affected by the number of enemies. Aerea's ability only affects one. I don't really understand her third ability. So, you grab something, slam shiny stuff into it, then kick it away and wait 12-15 seconds for stuff to happen? I would understand if it did a good amount of damage and had a smaller delay time, but now it sounds a bit, ya know, useless. I like her ultimate, however.

Here are my recommendations:

1. Reduce the time by a bit. It's a good idea though.

2. Have it deal some damage and push away the enemy, stunning it. This compensates for the fact that it only affects one enemy.

3. Reduce the delay by a bit, and personally I think it should have some CC effect other than pushing away things, also I think it should deal some damage.

4. I like the idea.

EDIT: Just took a look at the picture, another frame with high heels. O_O

Edited by FuryEnder

Originally, her 3 was supposed to be one where she puts an extremely volatile substance into an enemy, kick it away then. Pertaining to the second delay, explode, either knocking down enemies and dealing damage or killing them altogether. It was supposed to be taking out a crowd of enemies once the enemy has been pushed into them. 

I'll reupdate her abilities in a bit.

Originally, her 3 was supposed to be one where she puts an extremely volatile substance into an enemy, kick it away then. Pertaining to the second delay, explode, either knocking down enemies and dealing damage or killing them altogether. It was supposed to be taking out a crowd of enemies once the enemy has been pushed into them. 

I'll reupdate her abilities in a bit.

I prefer this one much more. ^.^

Overall, I really like the idea of an Ethereal frame. I think you've made the abilities feel like that. So, good job there.

The one I think has the biggest problem is her second ability. It just doesn't seem very appealing.

I had this idea, a while back, in response to another member's idea. This is my take on a Ethereal/Ghostly frame, I guess he can be called Geist.
He could have attacks that are based around armor ignore and phasing/density changing. These are just my basic ideas, I just came up with. Check it out!

Power 1- Etherealize: The warframe uses his ethereal powers to endow all his attacks with armor piercing. Melee and ranged combat ignore the armor of all enemies for up to a number of seconds (like 20 or so). All attacks (melee/ranged) will glow bright white. Like he has a blazing sword and projectiles but more because the frame has just hardened the material/edge of his melee weapon and bullets to an extreme degree that they go through anything.

Power 2 - Faint: The warframe charges his entire body w/ ethereal power, turning transparent but still visible and changing his density, becoming invulnerable for a short time. Unlike other cloaking powers, all attacks (as well as enemies) will pass through the warframe (basically a ghost for a short duration), causing no damage to the player, but will hit other tenno that may be behind him. Attacking breaks the "cloaking" but yields a stealth damage multiplier for the initial strike. Basically the same power as Vision. Duration around 20secs.

**My thought for the strike move at the end or when ever first used, would be an execute move where the frame (if wielding a sword, for instance) would (still in ethereal form) impale the target w/ his sword then re-densify himself while slicing up, turning around and removing his sword all simultaneously. So he would impale the target from the stomach and split it in half from the waist up through the head.

Power 3 - Ethereal Plane: The warframe unleashes a wave of ethereal energy on the ground under the feet of incoming enemies for a short time (I don't know, maybe 20 secs). All those caught in its radius are instantly turned ethereal, slowed tremendously (like meandering spirits) and will deal no damage to the player or his teammates. The afflicted enemies will also take no damage until the effect is timed out (basically an offensive version of Faint). Similar to Oberon's Hallowed Ground except the power has hard borders that keep enemies within the effect of the power until timed out. The plane can also be used by the tenno as a bridge between 2 points.

***My original thoughts on the Ethereal Plane were to have all enemies who entered, fall through and die like a giant cartoon donut hole, but that might crash the game. It would be cool though. It would also be a super OP ability. It would instantly kill like a whole room or at least half of it. Combining it with Valkyr's Rip Line would be awesome, too. Just pull an enemy into the void and thats all she wrote!*

Power 4 - North Star: The warframe activates his full power and explodes into a running wrecking ball of ethereal spikes. The warframe will gain increased speed, armor rating and stamina. While in this state, the warframe will glow like a star, ethereal spikes will sprout from the entire body and he will, at first, take no damage from all attacks (like having a version of Iron skin underneath the spikes). The sole purpose of this move would be to run as fast as possible and slam into as many enemies as possible with your body dealing tremendous puncture/impact damage. During the beginning activation of this power the warframe cannot attack with any weapons and is invulnerable to harm/knock down. Enemy damage would be two-fold. They would take heavy puncture damage from the spikes and severe impact damage from their knockdown/back landing. For additional damage the frame could slam into a wall or floor while targeting an enemy and create a blast effect. But like Rhino's Iron Skin, w/ each successful hit the spikes will degrade and do less damage until all have rescinded. As the spikes rescind more of the warframe's mobility and weapons will become usable (essentially the spikes are disabling him from drawing his weapons). So at the end the frame can still fling himself around to cause some knock backs/downs and shoot/swing if needed all the while still having some (small amount) additional protection.

**UPDATED: Changed some things around added some new.**

Thanks for reading!

Edited by (PS4)GR13V4NC3

I'm not a huge fan of the first and second ability.

1st Ability: So, like a better form of Contagion? It's not exactly very interesting, and it sounds lackluster.

2nd Ability: Activate it once, go and capture the target completely invisible for the entire duration(just don't attack). Once you captured the target, reactivate the ability and then go to extraction. Even if you're detected, invulnerability lasts the duration of the ability, I assume, and the ability lasts forever if you never attack anything. Make it end sometime.

3rd Ability: Me gusta

4th Ability: It's an interesting idea, I'll have to admit. However, I don't really like the idea of body-slamming everyone I see.

All in all, interesting ideas, however could use some stats and fixes.

Actually, for the fourth ability, the shield absorbs damage, then afterwards once it's taken enough for a certain period of time she gets the boost to her attacks depending on how much damage it in itself has taken. So one enemy isn't doing all the damage but getting grouped by many enemies will provide substantial damage so it all adds up, but it depends on how long the barrier is out for which determines how much damage it can absorb. It's all about duration.

However, for her Second ability I originally had it as Maser Shot;

Maser Shot:

Aerea rapidly releases densely compressed spheres of Ether in front of her that knockdown enemies in their path.

Number of spheres (Unranked); 3 [NW, N, NE]

Number of spheres Ranking up; 4/ 5/ 6

and for her First Ability

Etherial Calling;

Aerea raises her hand into the air calling down a pillar of light that surrounds her, knocking back enemies, damaging them and stunning them for a brief period of time.

Damage Unranked; 50

Damage Rank up; +10/ +20/ +30/ +35/ x2

I added the view of the hands and a few helmets; the descriptions below them are not exactly permanent nor settled and those, for some reason, are simply aesthetic.

I do like the helmets very much. But, perhaps you could introduce some more stats, like stamina and speed.

Grievance, for his fourth ability, it sounds a lot like he would turn into a pinball and bounce around the room. Without the usage of the words "bounce" or "roll". It seems to me like it would be an elongated form of slash dash, with a period of Rhino's Iron Skin. Temporary invulnerability; So, you would have Rhino and Excalibur or Sonic the Hedgehog? (which would be pretty cool, super fast and it's a reminder of the classics from Sega)

[side-Note; the Sonic the Hedgehog is not meant to be an insult it's more like what it reminded me of.]

Alright, I added some additional stats for her, was trying to balance her out on those regards. She's not meant to be a super squishy frame, she has plenty of power but her shields and health are about average. She has a slightly higher stamina pool but not that comparable to Valkyr's and she has a slightly higher Armor pool than Nova's.

Grievance, for his fourth ability, it sounds a lot like he would turn into a pinball and bounce around the room. Without the usage of the words "bounce" or "roll". It seems to me like it would be an elongated form of slash dash, with a period of Rhino's Iron Skin. Temporary invulnerability; So, you would have Rhino and Excalibur or Sonic the Hedgehog? (which would be pretty cool, super fast and it's a reminder of the classics from Sega)

[side-Note; the Sonic the Hedgehog is not meant to be an insult it's more like what it reminded me of.]

Well, I was thinking that it would all be manually controlled, unlike slash dash. Basically he would just sprout these spikes, gain Rhino's iron skin underneath and sprint around, but with each successful hit you would land the spikes will fade somewhat and the damage increase fades with it. At the same time, the armor increase fades as well. So you would have to be strategic in which enemy you struck first. You would also have the choice of just running into them or running into them and slamming them into walls or jumping off a ledge and landing on top of them, impaling and slamming them into the floor. You could jump and kill an osprey by hitting it (Mario style almost). I'm sure the idea could use some fine tweaking, but that's all I got for now.