Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition To Fix Continuous Weapons

Ribboz

I too will bump, I tried using my Ignis the other day (5 formas) against some lowly infested and it took far far too long for them to die.

I don't understand what's taking them so long to revert the changes, it's painfully obvious to those of us that used them often that the delay is just unacceptable.

I don't know why it's happening but it's blatantly clear that more then just the visual representation of the numbers has changed.

I'll toss in my support for this. Regardless of whether or not the numbers ultimately changed or not, what's undeniable is that the weapons feel much worse to use, and telling how much damage is being done per second is (ironically enough) more difficult.

signed.

seriously, a braton with shred makes numbers pop out faster than the continuous weapons, this is BS.

Coincidentally, I recently finished maxing out my braton.  Took it on a survival mission, and thought it performed much better than my post-11.6 ignis.

So, +1 for the OP.  At this point though, I'm largely weaned off of my continuous-fire weapons.

As a PS4 player i was really hoping DE would fix continuous weapons on you PC-guineapigs before we jumped from U11.5.8 to U12.x.x

Sadly it l looks like my 5-forma Ignis is about to suffer your woes and discontent... Ive enjoyed her greatly, so i'll add to the petition in anticipation of the "fix"-nerf.

+1

Bump for justice. Synapse deserves some love as well as Acrid and every single player who worked hard to rank up their weapons before getting them nerfed to oblivion. DE should consider bringing back some weapons to former glory instead of turning the game into rhino+soma fest.

Also first post. Hello world.

Edited by retruekano

Spectra (and perhaps) flux should get innate punch through since they have very poor range(spectra especially) even then they'll most likely not be used....

the ignis deserves some love too it underperforms after 70+ mins on survival imo :/

i thought the synapse would be fun to make a chainlightninggun out of it....but meh...

Phage is fun though and i guess the Embolist is alright too....

have to admit that even if devs tried to find a way between the changes and the players preference, the continuous weapons are not that good to use now

synapse went from a top weapon to an ok weapon, i mean it has a close range already so it was not helping clearly, the major problem here is proc chance, double or triple it and it will be good

ignis is really underpowered right now, and for me the solution is to give it very high proc chance, a flamethrower should set things on fire, it is obvious and logic

flux rifle should have infinite range

Edited by Starender

+1

flux is klunky. I don't like it this way. I don't care about damage numbers popping everywhere, I need DAMAGE to be applied INSTANTLY, not after half an our and I see a 1863000 damage number coming off a trash mob.

Synapse isn't much better either.

I would certainly like more to see numbers popping like they were before this tweak. Most automatic weapons (Soma?) still pop numbers everywhere.

76 likes should tell DE something... Anyway it needs to be increased to at least 25 ticks per second, al

though the spray of numbers is confusing. I think it should just give a total amount of damage 1)every second and 2) when you stop firing. Prevents the confusing number stream while giving a good idea of damage.

Edited by UpgradeInProgress

76 likes should tell DE something... Anyway it needs to be increased to at least 25 ticks per second, al

though the spray of numbers is confusing. I think it should just give a total amount of damage 1)every second and 2) when you stop firing. Prevents the confusing number stream while giving a good idea of damage.

^ THIS.  "Fixing" something by adding an absurd time to wait for the damage to apply is the main reason people rants about DE's poor balance decisions on continuous trigger. "Fixing" the cloud of numbers was one thing (althoug we STILL get a lot of weapons with them) but adding the delay in damage just makes continuous trigger useless. The only fix continuous weapons needed was a proc chance nerf and nothing else. 

Edited by retruekano

Yeah their "fix" was completely changing how continuous weapons work. I would much rather have the cloud of numbers than the delay in damage.

We tried your new system DE and it stinks. Give us back the old continuous weapon setup.

Edited by Ribboz

Honestly, I'd rather they just do the Dark Souls approach and show one number that increases while doing consecutive damage.

In Dark Souls, if you hit someone with a jet of fire or hit them repeatedly with a sword, the damage popup will keep increasing.  Say you hit for 100 damage a swing.  First swing will show 100, second will show 200, and so on.

In Warframe, that'd translate into continuous weapons getting an increasing damage number per target, until they die.  This would have the helpful side effect of showing you just how much damage is needed to kill a given enemy.