Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Love How No One Acknowledged That Saryn's...

MenschOfUber

Molt doesn't draw aggro as it did before and enemies often ignore it.

And that Contagion shouldn't exist for a frame that isn't focused on melee and 3 out of 4 of the skills are caster skills so why does Contagion even exist?

Plus it doesn't even give your weapon a higher chance to proc. poison and it's only useful honestly to save one mod space by combining the elemental mod with contagion, which is cool but the point still stands that she's not a melee frame just a more durable caster frame.

Just remove Contagion.

inb4 bombardment of people: "I love Contagion! You're stupid!"

Saryns Ultimate has low range (15 metres) compared to other ultimates. Saryn has the highest HP and a good Armor value.

So.. just because you dont play her as a melee frame does not mean that she surely can be a good melee frame.

Back in the day Contagion even gave CC immunity (well.. and immortality like old Iron Skin) due to a bug but the poison damage was even buggier and did only 1 point extra damage.

Contagion is not useless if you specc your Saryn for melee and survivability.. it has devastating potential.. but most people just run around spamming Miasma and that's it.

no, really, stop being defensive when you post.

saryn is a tank warframe, so could be focused on melee.

But contagion is broken since day one, you are right on this (maybe she should have his own poison weapon for that power to be unique, a whip or something that appears).

Molt is a bad copy of loki's decoy, should be replaced also.

see, i did not called you stupid.

saryn for me has the same problem that Valkyr, great art design, uninspired powers.

Edited by omega_phoenix

Molt doesn't draw aggro as it did before and enemies often ignore it.

ktPprsm.jpg

vYbe8gm.jpg

Molt seems to draw aggro the way it always has. I'm not noticing any difference, really.

As for Contagion, I'm reserving judgment and feedback until Melee 2.0 is released. I have things to say about its current state, but I'd rather wait and see if Melee 2.0 improves its usefulness.

great art design, uninspired powers.

That summs up most warframes, simply on account of them having ubers.

Also, Valkyr is anything but uninspired.

Her problem isn't that she's poorly designed, it's that the whole game is poorly designed.

Valkyr is fun, but she dosen't have an 'abuse case' power, so she simply cannot compete with frames that do.

Molt seems to draw aggro the way it always has. I'm not noticing any difference

With Infested it works maybe half as useful as it used to be, you need to test it out more. Sometimes some enemies will still ignore your molt and go for you. It's most noticeable when placed against factions using guns as before it could be placed behind cover and enemies would stop shooting you and go after the molt behind cover often to melee it and shoot it giving you an opportunity to use contagion for melee. I've tried to replicate this many times after damage 2.0 and it does not work therefore' the aggro mechanic of molt has been reduced without a say on DE's part.

If you take the time to place your molt behind a wall or door etc. then let the molt be closer to the enemies than you are they will still continue to shoot you as well as sometimes when it's placed in an open space with same said enemies some will choose to ignore it and only some will aggro it.

This leaves molt as just being a lackluster version of decoy, whereas it's HP buff it has received has no use if enemies just continue to aggro me instead when Loki's decoy if placed close to the enemies the enemies will stop their aggro on Loki immediately and switch to that. That is how Saryn's molt used to be as well.

That summs up most warframes, simply on account of them having ubers.

Also, Valkyr is anything but uninspired.

Her problem isn't that she's poorly designed, it's that the whole game is poorly designed.

Valkyr is fun, but she dosen't have an 'abuse case' power, so she simply cannot compete with frames that do.

Dont know.

for me these are well all around designed warframes, with distinctive and useful moves:

excalibur 

loki

nyx

vauban

rhino

prolly forgetting someone.

no power of valkyr is distinctive, except ripline, and even that one was not originally for her.

her ulti, is another case of bad excecuting, i would prefer something better than invencibility, thats lazy (and for that trinity is better at everything than valkyr, is even a better tank).

and for saryn, i love her first power, the concept is awesome, but there is nothing else there.

just saying, but desides that, yes, they are some poor choices about design in the game (i hate 1 button nukers).

So.. just because you dont play her as a melee frame does not mean that she surely can be a good melee frame.

I do play Saryn I've played her sufficiently enough to notice the change to molt it's not a myth and I'm surely not making it up. And I do have a melee build for most of which consists of 3 mods JUST so she doesn't get knocked down because her only ability that allowed her to get close to enemies was molt's amazing aggro mechanic like Loki's decoy. Now that it's gone it's pretty difficult to even use contagion. As well as that with all the mod space being taken up by all those mods there isn't even space for a flow to justify Contagion's 50 energy cost + BR's offset if you want to have decent damage. You could go with a fleeting but then you would have to narrow mind just to offset the duration loss then you would only have about 20 seconds being the default time to even come into melee range with an enemy. Her abilities barely even have synergy for melee molt being one of my gripes here with the aggro. the other is the fact that as I said she isn't a melee frame apart from stats trying to make her a passive tank they don't point to melee they're all casters, there's nothing wrong with her stats she could have it removed and still be a caster just be more durable like a Warlock is represented in most RPGs or something.

Anyone who has played this game for awhile knows that high armor + HP doesn't count for much for melee let alone for enough of a barrier to close the distance between you and an enemy with a gun or even enough to take damage while reviving someone or else Valkyr wouldn't need to use hysteria just to resurrect someone.

It doesn't need to make you invincible but it doesn't scale well with higher leveled enemies just as many other things in the game do.

All this is coming from a person who has had experience with the frame she was the only frame I used for a long time before damage 2.0 there is no hate here only just trying to better her honestly because it doesn't make much sense in terms of her being 75% caster and then 25% melee.

Either make her into another melee frame or make her a full caster don't just change numbers around is all I'm saying. Look at Valkyr who's supposed to be focusing on just melee look at how well that turned out and then look at Saryn who's stuck between both worlds not fully achieving either one. By melee 2.0 she will probably like Oberon in sense.

Molt does attract enemies, it would usually break its aggro if you go and shoot the enemies, hence why loki's decoy its better since its an actual shooting copy, also Molt does still have a purpose but only so to help saryn escape from tight situations...

As for vemon I end um almost never using it, seems all warframes have some useless skill they never use and this is sayrns for the most part, at least for me.

Contagion should become a group buff. Molt should attract enemies again and when molt is destroyed it should explode and cause a corrosive or poison damage DOT.

Saw it in the last thread, but I still like the idea. How about it wiping any debuffs on Saryn at the time of the Molt? Or providing a small healing component?

how2playsarynasatank

Honestly I got no idea. I still feel the best melee user are loki, ash, trinity, and rhino. (despite them not having any melee ability like saryn's contagion or valky'r warcry)

They have melee abilities (or at least three do).

Loki: Invisibility: +50% to normal attacks, +100% to charged attacks

Ash: Smoke Bomb: +50% to normal attacks, +100% to charged attacks

Rhino: Roar: +50% damage (could be boosted to over +100%). Iron Skin: Prevents knockdowns and many status effects.

Trinity: Link: Prevents knockdowns and many status effects.

Saryn: +75% melee damage (in elemental form)

Saryn is so great... Sad how not many people know how to use her.

Edited by (PS4)ariaandkia

They have melee abilities (or at least three do).

Loki: Invisibility: +50% to normal attacks, +100% to charged attacks

Ash: Smoke Bomb: +50% to normal attacks, +100% to charged attacks

Rhino: Roar: +50% damage (could be boosted to over +100%). Iron Skin: Prevents knockdowns and many status effects.

Trinity: Link: Prevents knockdowns and many status effects.

Saryn: +75% melee damage (in elemental form)

Saryn is so great... Sad how not many people know how to use her.

what I mean is specific use of an ability mainly for "melee" only, not overall status. 

Yes, saryn is great, but despited having an ability that use mainly for "melee" but not in any other form of helping, she's far lose out to the other 4 that I listed in term of "melee" 

There's are differences between a great frame and a frame that lose out to other frames. It's comparison. 

what I mean is specific use of an ability mainly for "melee" only, not overall status. 

Yes, saryn is great, but despited having an ability that use mainly for "melee" but not in any other form of helping, she's far lose out to the other 4 that I listed in term of "melee" 

There's are differences between a great frame and a frame that lose out to other frames. It's comparison. 

Odd, I had no trouble using her ability for melee.  She is just as good if not better in some cases.  I think the problem is that her ability is a bit more specialized than the others.

Personally, out of all the warframes, Saryn is my favorite for melee.  But that is just me.  I honestly only use Contagion and Venom on my Saryn (I sometimes use Miasma).  Molt is great but it can be a pain to use at at times since if I accidentally use the wrong skill, I can potentially block my own path or my team's.

Contagion was near useless from day 1 of U7 and Molt as mentioned is a downgraded version of Loki's decoy.

I think people don't acknowledge this because those 2 were never in the spotlight to begin with (and Saryn fell out of it shortly after the Venom nerf)

The incoming Melee 2.0 might help Contagion but Molt definitely needs improvement.

I have to comment on your point about Contagion. Saryn may be a caster, but almost EVERY one of her abilities and stats lead her to be a close range caster. Venom deals with being surrounded by a large group, Molt is more a distraction (that, yes, severely needs some sort of buff considering it costs 25 more than its Decoy counterpart.), Contagion provides a melee boost (although, you are correct that it should provide much more, as it has been the black sheep of Saryn's repertoire from the get go.) and finally Miasma has one of the shortest ranges of the "nuke" type 4 abilities. Her large health, is designed to have her survive getting nice and close to everyone. 

She's...what's the word of those types of casters...a spell blade? A battlemage? Whichever, she's not a ranged caster in the slightest.

Math:

• (1.Contagion x (1 + Power Strength) - 1) x 100.
  • For example with Contagion at 75%, Focus at 30%, and Blind Rage at 99%:
  • (1.75 x (1 + [0.3 + 0.99]) - 1) x 100 = ( (1.75 x 2.29) - 1) x 100 = 300.75%.

300% more melee damage.

Three Hundred Percent More.

theoretical math and practical use often hate one another tho, it sounds great but the result would be similar to suiciding embers at point blank range vs high lvl mobs = "SQUISH".

Personally, I want Contagion to work for Saryn. We don't really have that many actual melee-type frames; the only ones we do have are frames with Stealth bonuses (Excalibur's a melee archetype, but his only ability affecting melee damage is Radial Blind), and Valkyr. Saryn's got the extra sturdiness I've come to equate to a proper stand-and-deliver in-your-face melee frame, and Contagion plus Miasma's short range helped that point across for me- a melee-caster niche.

The problems with that philosophy are Venom and Molt. Venom synergizes more with a gun-oriented playstyle, but you could easily patch that up just by letting melee swings pop the spores.

Molt on the other hand... really has no business being in her arsenal, especially since it's just a weaker Decoy. I guess I could see Molt called a melee-oriented Decoy, if only because you can't drop it far away from yourself, but half the reason Decoy works for Loki (the combat half- ignore Switchaport for a moment) is that he's got Radial Disarm to bring enemies in range of it and stealth to just wail on everyone attacking it without any fear of retribution. Saryn has none of that, which is completely counter-intuitive to both her sturdy stats and any sort of melee-style.

Molt is more a distraction (that, yes, severely needs some sort of buff considering it costs 25 more than its Decoy counterpart.)

Same cost, actually.